PDA

View Full Version : Masyaf castle vs Monterrggioni vs Homestead - Which is your favourite?

kuled2012
11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I really found this a hard decision to make, Masyaf was such a huge intimidating castle, it was perfect for assassins to train and rest and as Ezio put it 'a symbol of arrogance' and a beacon for the Templars. I loved the economy thing that you got to build up this poor town with little resources into a successful town with many villagers residing at it. Then exploring it around with Desmond in the modern times, I really liked that. As for the homestead, today I finished the homestead missions and the way you interact with the other people you brought there was great, Connor became great friends with everyone there, you helped them and they helped you, it felt more..active than Monterriggioni and Masyaf because the other homesteaders interacted with you as well..I gave it some thought and I've chosen the Homestead because you got to know the others in more detail and just felt as a better community overall.
What's your favourite? Avoid posting homestead mission spoilers guys :)

Rogue Agent 035
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Homestead...., without question, hHomestead seems more personable an realistic. It's easy to connect with some of the ppl

ACfan443
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Your options should have been either: Masyaf, Monteriggioni, Homestead. Or Masyaf Castle, Villa Auditore, Manor.

Anyway, I love the homestead, but I voted Masyaf because there's something I really liked about the fortress within it. It really gave a sense of a brotherhood and a collective force, and it was a home for the Assassins. For me, the two of them are nearly neck and neck, but Masyaf has a slight edge.

UncappedWheel82
11-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah. Gotta go with Homestead. The fact that you get to actually build up the area with actions rather than just money dumping is what makes it the best of the 3.

pacmanate
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Homestead, it actually has meaning!

H4rry Pl0pper
11-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Masyaf, something about a sprawling fortress dedicated to the assassins. Homestead felt too disconnected from the brotherhood for me. Monterriggioni is second for me, again still the training area for assassins and the basement with altair's armor locked behind it

fedeluca
11-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I really love the Monteriggioni mansion! :D

Iamsosobad
11-27-2012, 09:58 PM
That's tough, they're all great honestly. I went with Masyaf Castle because it was just so huge and epic. Homestead was the best in function though and I hope they continue using the homestead quests model in future games.

jamgamerforever
11-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Appearance-wise? Monteriggioni. I loved that small town below the villa, and just the architecture of that building was great.

Content-wise? The Homestead. One of the best things about AC3.

pablo2977
11-27-2012, 10:52 PM
I never explored Masyaf Castle I just ran straight through it

Kaschra
11-27-2012, 10:54 PM
I love Monteriggioni, but I just love the Homestead more =)
I really like all the characters that join the homestead. It feels like... a little family, I really cared about the all the characters there. And the homestead missions show a softer, friendlier side of Connor.

JumpInTheFire13
11-28-2012, 12:18 AM
I liked how we personally got to know everybody on the Homestead, but it really had nothing to do with the Assassin Brotherhood. Monteriggioni was sort of dedicated to the Assassins, but the actual village was full of regular people who we never got to know. Also, the only Assassins there were Mario and Ezio. We didn't get to know many of the people in Masyaf either, but it had dozens of Assassins and the whole castle/village was an Assassin stronghold. So I voted for Masyaf.

kuled2012
11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Hmm, that's a good point. I would have loved to see more of Masyaf when Altair was Mentor since it flourished at that time the most.

NeverThat
11-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Definitely Masyaf Castle. The whole atmosphere along with being apart of a brotherhood made me feel like a true assassin. The digital chics with the see through dresses chatting in the gardens behind the castle was cool to see too! :D

ace3001
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Homestead, hands down. There's a real "home-y" feeling about it. (No pun intended. :p ) And this is coming from a big AC2 fanboy.

MasterAssasin84
11-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Really hard decision but i voted Monterrogioni as i love the Rennaisance style Villa it looks very Elegant , though i like the Homestead purely because its so interactive.

LightRey
11-28-2012, 04:18 PM
The homestead. I watched that place grow from a clearing in the woods to a blooming village. They grow up so fast :')

Avagantamoz
11-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I never explored Masyaf Castle I just ran straight through it

Same XD. It was just a large building to me, never thought to explore it.

I would have to say I liked the Monterrigioni the best, it just looked nice and it's smallish size made me feel at home. I hope future Assassins Creed games keep the mechanics of the frontier but change the layout to something more like Monterrigioni.