PDA

View Full Version : AC3 crashes all the time

jwayne1232
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Hey everyone,
when I start AC3, I can watch the intro but as soon as I get to the in-game car sequence, the picture freezes and nothing happens. Starting the task manager, I get an "AC3SP.exe has stopped working" error message. When I restart and load the saved game, the Animus desktop with Desmond is shown for a few seconds, then it freezes again. And btw, I also can't install the day one Patch, after about 10 seconds it says "Error while patching AC3SP.exe. Incorrect source file." I tried to solve this the whole day, by:
completely reinstalling Win7
reinstalling AC3 several times
anything listed here: http://itechbook.net/fix-assassins-creed-3-crashes-and-all-error-easy-guide.html
and it's really starting to annoy me... Any ideas?
My specs are:
Win 7 64bit
Intel i5-2500K
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
P67A-G45 Mainboard
Thanks in advance!

Stiler
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
In your event viewer windows logs>system logs, do you have a yellow warning that happens around the same time the game crashes that say sthe display driver stopped responding? This could be a similar problme with the 580/570's being under volted, which is fixed by upping the voltage on them.

However do NOT do this unless you're sure, and only do it within the safe voltage of your card, as upping the voltage too high can damage a card and also causes it to run hooter (and thus overheat if you go too high as well).

JaPPa03
11-28-2012, 08:44 AM
DO NOT listen to this dude.. when you're not comfortable with tweaking your card, stay away from the voltage option. It can blow it very east, and very fast if you don't understand the underlying theory

Stiler
11-28-2012, 05:37 PM
DO NOT listen to this dude.. when you're not comfortable with tweaking your card, stay away from the voltage option. It can blow it very east, and very fast if you don't understand the underlying theory

Yea it's crazy, the fact that it's fixed this problem for MANY people, not only in AC3 but also in another recent Ubisoft title, Ghost Recon : Future soldier (That's how I found the fix in the first place).

This upping the voltage has helped fix it for many people with the 580/570's who can now play the game without it crashing once the voltage is uped.

See for yourself.:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728020-GTX-580-driver-stoppes-working-crashes-in-Assassins-Creed-3

Upping the voltage isn't hard, or "crazy", it's simple to do with msi afterburner and ok as long as you know what the SAFE voltage is for your card and monitor your temperature. Yes upping the voltage too high CAN damage your card, that's why I said be safe, don't push it too high and know what you are doing.

Also only do it if you get the "display driver has stopped responding" error in the event viewer>windows logs>system when AC3 crashes out. If that's not there it might be something else, as this upping the voltage has worked on 570/580's and no one with a 560 has posted about it before.

nairz
11-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Exactly same problem, runs fine on multiplayer though

Specs:
i7 2600k
8 GB ram
Nvidia 570gtx
windows 7

Dlord83
12-21-2012, 10:29 PM
im on a gtx 560 ti and the ac3sp.exe crash randomly at anytime im on the latest drivers for my gc what can i do