PDA

View Full Version : Hands up if you'll never be able to see the epilogue missions (or continue AC3)...

D.I.D.
11-27-2012, 04:03 PM
... due to Ubisoft's weird addiction to unskippable credits sequences that go on forever? Nobody likes them, everyone complains, and yet you do it every time. Is it a clause in your employment contracts, to guarantee names are seen? It makes no sense, and it's damaged my purchase.

I've put up with the game's constant crashing. It can last for 15 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes quite a lot more, but it can't work for long enough to make it through a month of slowly moving names. I can't bear to restart the game yet again in order to have to sit through the unskippable cringey end sequence with Desmond and then, maybe, get through the whole credits without a crash to see what's there.

Sadly, this also means I can't finish playing the game! I am effectively locked out of the game I bought and cannot continue the unfinished parts of Connor's story. All I can do is start a new save game and replay from square one.

gvsb
11-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I have the same problem. I actually thought my game was glitched as I could not leave it midway through credits expect by using alt+F4. In the end I started a new game, this time skipping all the cut-scenes (doing that makes you realize how much of the game time they actually take!). A key to exit credits is necessary I think as no application should force you to quit it using altF4.

anaisgragueb
11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Yep, I'd like to second that.

Just like gvsb, I originally believed the game to be glitched (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729968-Finished-the-game-How-can-I-go-back-and-play-Connor-missions-Stuck-with-End-Credits?p=8738375&posted=1#post8738375) since I didn't even think for a second that essentially disabling people's PC for 15 minutes of credits was intentional.

One of the many things that I just don't understand in the design of this game. I loved it, but I just can't get over some of the glitches and design flaws I've seen so far.

Sorry to hear about your predicament DoubleClicktTF. Like you, I had to deal with repeated crashes for the first half of the game until I discovered a fix to my problem.

What graphics card are you using? I might be able to help.

D.I.D.
11-27-2012, 08:53 PM
anaisgragueb:

Thanks for the offer of help.

I'm using a GTX280 (1GB) with an Intel Q9550, 8GB RAM, Win7 64bit.

I have the latest Nvidia beta driver, recommended for AC3 (although I doubt it contained any fixes for a card as old as mine!). I've lowered all of the settings to minimum, and I've changed the assassin3.ini file to VSync=0 (a little screen tearing, but the game seems to run better overall).

All AC games before this one had the same crashing problem on my system, but I used to be able to beat it by switching off the last 2 CPU cores. The older games didn't suffer at all from me doing that, and I suspect they weren't even addressing all four cores, but doing this with AC3 does not seem to help.

anaisgragueb
11-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry to hear, Doubleclick.

I have a fix for the GTX580 but not for your card. So sorry.
I ended up having to use MSI Afterburner to manually increase the max Voltage on my card to 1100 instead of the default 1050 and it ended up doing the trick.

Of course I wish I had known about this sooner (played at least half of the game with CTDs every 5 minutes!).

I don't know if there's anything similar that you could attempt with your card model but I hope you find a solution soon.

Cheers,

Ani.

ace3001
11-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Ubisoft has been doing this annoying thing since the first Assassin's Creed, showing everyone who was even remotely involved and their dogs' names, as if this was some charity work. I pity those who actually defend Ubisoft on this saying "oh take a break and have a drink." ********.

YazX_
11-28-2012, 05:38 AM
it took around 25+ mins to finish which is soo f*** annoying, and the problem if you looked at those credits, it lists all employees for UBI not only ppl who worked on this game o.O

they even list HR Dept.!!!! why the fu** should i care about your HR Dept $hit!!!!!

Anykeyer
11-28-2012, 06:01 AM
Why watch them? I simpy enjoyed the music without sitting around my PC XD.
And if it crashes, then its probably your system's fault. AC3 is very demanding game. But I was able to finish SP without a single crash.

D.I.D.
11-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Why watch them? I simpy enjoyed the music without sitting around my PC XD.
And if it crashes, then its probably your system's fault. AC3 is very demanding game. But I was able to finish SP without a single crash.

I had to watch them, because if there was a crash I'd need to force quit and start again. The music continues after the game has crashed :)

I really don't think it's my system. It's a little bit old, but not that old (Q9550 with slight OC, 8GB DDR3). The card's a GTX280, was the best on the market when I bought it, and it's a lot better than the minimum required. Granted, it's not DX11, but then neither are the consoles and besides that it's actually a mark in its favour in terms of how well you'd expect it to run. Many of the complaints you see are from people with AMD/ATi systems, but the bulk of Nvidia owners with an issue seem to be running i5/i7 CPUs with GTX5xx/6xx cards.

This machine ran Max Payne 3 like a dream with many settings turned up. If it can't run AC3 on minimum settings without crashing every 30 minutes or less, that's Ubi's fault, not mine. And the source of my complaint - unskippable credits - is entirely down to Ubi and nobody else. If they fixed that, I wouldn't mind the crashes.

Black_Widow9
11-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support about the crashing.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

D.I.D.
11-28-2012, 07:03 AM

Thanks, I've already done that - got a ticket pending. I was interested to know how many other people are affected by this because, as I'm sure you're aware, individual suggestions don't go very far through the Ubi Support system.

Anykeyer
11-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Maybe your CPU or GPU is overheating. Such load type as rolling credits (simple moving textures with almost zero bottleneck) can raise temperatures really fast. For example Heroes V was very prone to this, and in credits as well. Try forcing vsync and setting all graphics options to max possible.

Deaths-Assassin
11-29-2012, 02:12 AM

I love that there was no comment relating to the unskippable credits problem. Do they even care about our opinions? Plz fix your menu interface, its cumbersome unefficiant and quite frankly, SLOPPY.