PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Ending *SPOILERS*

Poodle_of_Doom
11-27-2012, 08:06 AM
So with the ending being as it is, I don't know exactly how people expect the game to continue. I suspect that Desmond is dead. I mean,... he did give up his spark and all, which sometimes corrilates to ones life in some stories.

At that, I thought Desmond was supposed to be a Hero and all. I guess I'm just kind of confused about the whole thing. At that, it seems like the future being offered shows that the Assassins end up controling the world or something?

Seriously, can anyone please explain the ending to me?

ace3001
11-27-2012, 08:20 AM
That future that was shown is the future that Desmond decided to not take.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Why did you make 2 threads ?

Rankya_94
11-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Because 1 wasn't enough.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 08:30 AM
He IS the hero. What other choice do think he was going to make in that short period of time? And Desmond doesn't have to be a main character, you know.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 08:32 AM
He IS the hero. What other choice do think he was going to make in that short period of time? And Desmond doesn't have to be a main character, you know.

Yeah. I thought AC was one game series where you don't need a single hero to continue through. Don't know why people are so confused about this. Connor didn't have only Desmond as a descendent y'know, neither was Desmond the only human being on earth capable of using the Animus.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Because 1 wasn't enough.
You`v solved all my life`s Mysteries..

Poodle_of_Doom
11-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Watching it again, I understand. However, it begs the question, is it possible that the Templars were good guys in a previous instalment of the world?

So,... what does Juno mean when she says it's time to play her part?

EDIT:

Two different topics. Ones a rant about the game being glitchy, and how it sucks. This one is about my confusion on the ending.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Watching it again, I understand. However, it begs the question, is it possible that the Templars were good guys in a previous instalment of the world?

So,... what does Juno mean when she says it's time to play her part?

She will play her part in returning the humans to what they were "meant to be". Read: Slaves of TWCB.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Two different topics. Ones a rant about the game being glitchy, and how it sucks. This one is about my confusion on the ending.
Well....I`m not digging this hole any deeper, but that "rant" should`v REALLY been put in the feedback thread...

Ta Ta

Poodle_of_Doom
11-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Well....I`m not digging this hole any deeper, but that "rant" should`v REALLY been put in the feedback thread...

Ta Ta

Contribute to the topic at hand, and post your off handed points on the other thread?

She will play her part in returning the humans to what they were "meant to be". Read: Slaves of TWCB.

Yeah... but how does she intend to do that. I guess I just don't understand how she's still here, and able to do that.... She's just a projection at this point right?

playassassins1
11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Contribute to the topic at hand, and post your off handed points on the other thread?

Yeah... but how does she intend to do that. I guess I just don't understand how she's still here, and able to do that.... She's just a projection at this point right?

Desmond released her by touching the pedestal(ball thingy) at the end. My guess is, by giving up his life, she got revived. So she's real now, and she's going to take over the world.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 08:45 AM

Nope she is actually alive. Why or how she's alive I can't tell because I haven't got to the ending yet.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Oh please do not kill me...I get scared so quickly :(

****ing relax, bro....take a chill pill or something it`s not like I reported you or called you an idiot....just friggin relax...

Do not reply to this if you do not wish for more "off handed" replies from me

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Nope she is actually alive. Why or how she's alive I can't tell because I haven't got to the ending yet.
They do explain throughout the game, but I'll let you find out for yourself.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 09:00 AM
They do explain throughout the game, but I'll let you find out for yourself.

I remember you recommending plugging in all the power sources together (or something like that) to get a better understanding of the story?

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I remember you recommending plugging in all the power sources together (or something like that) to get a better understanding of the story?
Guilty as charged. I spread it out during my first playthrough, but it is indeed clearer when viewed all together.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
How does that work? Do you get additional TWCB cinematics that way? I plugged in each power source as soon as I got it. At one point, William even recommended plugging the power source in before going into the animus.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 09:11 AM
How does that work? Do you get additional TWCB cinematics that way? I plugged in each power source as soon as I got it. At one point, William even recommended plugging the power source in before going into the animus.
He recommended, not slave-forced Desmond! Just leave the power sources alone until after you found the "key."

Poodle_of_Doom
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM

I did mine as I got them. At that, I followed the story well. I honestly don't get it.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 09:22 AM
He recommended, not slave-forced Desmond! Just leave the power sources alone until after you found the "key."

Huzzah. Will do it exactly like that. Thanks for the heads up ^_^

ace3001
11-27-2012, 10:26 AM
He recommended, not slave-forced Desmond! Just leave the power sources alone until after you found the "key."I'm aware you can do it that way. But what is the resulting difference? I don't think I'm going to start another playthrough just for that. :/

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm aware you can do it that way. But what is the resulting difference? I don't think I'm going to start another playthrough just for that. :/
There's no difference besides the extra line that William says something along the line of "Not so fast, we still need to plug in those *****es" before you're allowed to insert the key. Personally, it helped me out with the story quite a bit as I don't handle fragmented story all that well. No pressure if you don't want to do another playthrough; youtube's a recommendation I would go for if the game finally bores me out.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 10:55 AM
There's no difference besides the extra line that William says something along the line of "Not so fast, we still need to plug in those *****es" before you're allowed to insert the key. Personally, it helped me out with the story quite a bit as I don't handle fragmented story all that well. No pressure if you don't want to do another playthrough; youtube's a recommendation I would go for if the game finally bores me out.
Oh, okay. I was worried that I may have missed some additional scenes.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
This kind of helped me. I basically understood what was going on. I just had trouble keeping it straight. Thanks to everyone for commenting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimAlx02o_4

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 09:19 PM
This kind of helped me. I basically understood what was going on. I just had trouble keeping it straight. Thanks to everyone for commenting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimAlx02o_4

Awesome.

Layytez
11-27-2012, 10:14 PM
So Juno was in the Temples mainframe ? Ok
Desmond's DNA is the closest thing being able to activate the device ? Ok
Juno has been released into the world ? Hold the hell up. With what body ? No way her body is still intact although Rebecca mentioned something about cryogenics...but if the body could have been intact for that long why couldn't she just put herself to sleep ? Either way I still don't understand how she is physically alive.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 10:55 PM
the video gave an interesting orediction/specualtion at the end

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the video! Great breakdown!
Even though I felt the ending was a little rushed, I'm actually kind of excited with what they'll do with Juno

Also, it seems like people are saying that the ending of Liberation is tied with this one and may help explain it a little more.

Durakken
11-28-2012, 04:40 AM
I wonder if anyone else got the overlap of the First Civ, Revolutionary war, and modern age story...
But more importantly I have an idea where they are going from here, however, the ending of AC3 is pretty much spot on to what I thought it would be from knowing the previous stories and predicting out and had I not known Juno was going to do what she was going to do I'd have predicted that was going to happen as well. So I don't see the problem people are having with the ending.

I don't think Juno actually likes what she did because she eluded to what she did in the story heading to the third battery input. She says something like "We found a way to upload consciousness to machines. That was easy, but the download was hard and it required something that was wrong." Or in other words. She uploaded her consciousness to the temple database and when Desmond activates the machine what is "wrong" happens. In other words, to return to life someone else has to die.

Looking back now that you know it was a betrayal by Juno you have to question everything she said and in doing so you have to wonder how much of what you did or are doing is "truth." For example, Juno tells Conner that if he doesn't act the Templar will destroy his village, find the predecessor vault, and terrible stuff will happen, but then later we pretty much learn that the Templars all either meant well and their actions would have lead to what Conner had wanted all along and had he done nothing the things he wanted would have come to pass. Further had the Templars FOUND the vault they most certainly wouldn't have released Juno. They would have likely tried to find a way to around her or prepared for her so when things came to pass they'd be ready for her. So Juno has motivation to prod Conner into action to stop the Templars AND to get the key to someplace to be found be Desmond.

Further more, It seems to me there is truth in what Charles Lee said and Conner's thoughts seems to pose the question, what happens to the Assassins when Templars are gone. My thoughts is that what happens to Assassins when Templars are gone is that the Assassins become Templars...which is the only way the Templars can continue to crop up with all the knowledge they have.

This ties back into the theme of a "circle" that repeats over and over again and from there we can look to the TWCB and realize that they have said all this has happened before and will happen again... implying that TWCB is a civilization that isn't the first, but rather that there is another civilization before them. And this jumps into mythology. AC3 uses a lot of Ancient Alien and New Age ideas and one of the things that you do in those is that you look at things that are repeated...

There is always a group BEFORE the gods - Titans
There is always a being that gives humans the knowledge of the gods - Prometheus/Satan
There is always a fall and imprisonment of those who came before the gods or the gods - The fall of angels/Titans
There is always a mixing of bloodlines between gods and humans - Nephylim/Heroes/Giants
There is always a flood
There is always a prediction of end times when the gods (return and) will fall usually by the return of the previous TWCB
There is almost always a battle between brothers where one dies

Let's look at this and see what it is telling us and how the AC team might use this...
There is a civilization before TWCB that for a time was part of TWCB's civ
One of that civilization OR TWCB facilitated Adam and Eve getting a piece of Eden and for this they were cast out/imprisoned
From Adam and Eve's rebellion came two "brotherhoods," one of which killed the other and was branded and must stay in the shadows.
The Nephylim are the attempts to pass on their 6th sense to humans and the flood I think was caused by Juno
TWCB vanished from human history but will return. When they return their "TWCB" will also be released and the world will "end"

This is supported btw. Juno speaks of "Our enemies" and Minerva says "They" when referring to Juno. William Miles foreshadows this idea with mentioning Nephylim. You could also argue that the reason it is spun to be that "God" brought on the flood is by Juno's corruption who stated that she altered or destroyed things left by Minerva.

Also a question... did I miss it or did they answer who the 6th is... or did I misread that (which i don't think I did) and did she mean 6th sense.

montagemik
11-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Juno has been released into the world ? Hold the hell up. With what body ? No way her body is still intact although Rebecca mentioned something about cryogenics...but if the body could have been intact for that long why couldn't she just put herself to sleep ? Either way I still don't understand how she is physically alive.

Sean finds some kind of food in the temple at some point still preserved - Rebecca already mentioned some possibility of stasis .
It's entirely possible Juno put herself within the temple technology so that she could continue through the ages to ensure that Desmond's bloodline follows her instructions in order to one day be able to free her .
All the while her physical body remaining intact & preserved in stasis within the temple. Or equally likely she could take over or control somebody else.

But Desmond isn't finished i'm pretty certain - only no longer a playable character.
He's the equivalent of subj 16 - A digital consciousness within the animus or 1st civ tech now as suggested in the video.

This is just the beginning .

zhengyingli
11-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Sean finds some kind of food in the temple at some point still preserved - Rebecca already mentioned some possibility of stasis .
It's entirely possible Juno put herself within the temple technology so that she could continue through the ages to ensure that Desmond's bloodline follows her instructions in order to one day be able to free her .
All the while her physical body remaining intact & preserved in stasis within the temple. Or equally likely she could take over or control somebody else.

But Desmond isn't finished i'm pretty certain - only no longer a playable character.
He's the equivalent of subj 16 - A digital consciousness within the animus or 1st civ tech now as suggested in the video.

I like this.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-28-2012, 05:40 AM

That's what I want to know, and part of the reason I was so confused, and pissed off at the ending.

the video gave an interesting orediction/specualtion at the end

How so?

Thanks for the video! Great breakdown!
Even though I felt the ending was a little rushed, I'm actually kind of excited with what they'll do with Juno

Also, it seems like people are saying that the ending of Liberation is tied with this one and may help explain it a little more.

You're welcome for the video. At that, it's unfortunate to hear that they may be tying the liberation ending to this. That's just another thing the majority of us won't see.

I like this idea. It would be interesting to see how Desmond develops into this role.

zhengyingli
11-28-2012, 06:56 AM
You're welcome for the video. At that, it's unfortunate to hear that they may be tying the liberation ending to this. That's just another thing the majority of us won't see.

It's starting to feel like Kingdom Hearts with its multiple games from too many different platforms all tying together.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-28-2012, 08:03 AM
It's starting to feel like Kingdom Hearts with its multiple games from too many different platforms all tying together.

I wouldn't know. I've never actually played Kingdom Hearts.

zhengyingli
11-28-2012, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't know. I've never actually played Kingdom Hearts.

You're better off, then. I don't regret starting the series in the first place, but the same storyline has been spread from the PS2 to GBA, PSP, DS, 3DS, and potentially the VIta, most of which I don't have the money for. IMAGINE if AC's modern storyline becomes this way as hinted by Liberation. That'll be pretty screwed up. Nothing against handhelds, but I'd rather have one storyline stay on one system at a time.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Me to. It's hard enough to follow as it is.

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Yes, I understand. I won't be able to play it, but I did try looking up some walkthroughs of Liberation when I was waiting to get my hands on AC3. There's also a lot of information in books for AC as well, which I wish they could summarize more in the games (such as Daniel Cross--I only know what I know because of initiates and what people wrote about him in comments).

Basically, I hope no one minds me writing this, the ending hints at Eve becoming a bigger part of the story. Possibly. (I watched it out of context so I don't know everything that happens in Liberation leading up to it).

Also, @Durakken: I really enjoyed reading your post! You have some very interesting ideas! :)

Durakken
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Also, @Durakken: I really enjoyed reading your post! You have some very interesting ideas! :)

Another cool thing... it's amazing that people haven't looked at Abstergo...
Abstergo = to cleanse
Erudito = skilled

Abstergo uses a triangle rather than a cross which shows a movement away from the cross, but it also means Sky...and the god of the sky... Jupiter. Also a common theme with the assassins are all those things
Erudito uses an upside down triangle which means earth and obviously pointing down, perhaps to the underworld? Where are the temples? Where would the Titans i'm talking about? In the ground.
The two symbols together mean balance

and yet another thing. they both use a specific type of shape which isn't just a triangle, but what it is supposed to be the shape of. I forget the name of it, but the meaning of the shape type. Impossible in reality.

Just going through this made me think...if you then apply the whole Assassin's creed thing...
Abstergo AREN'T Templars. They are Assassins. Erudito are the Templars.
It makes more sense with everything that happened that Abstergo and the Assassins are one and the same and the whole thing was really a lie to get Desmond to do what they wanted given that he wouldn't have done what they wanted if they just straight told him what they wanted. We don't even have concrete evidence that what Abstergo said about what their goal was in the modern day was the truth and the only reason we think they are Templars is because they who are in on the conspiracy have told us they are,

This another interpretations of the "Cross on the horizon" which doesn't really make sense if you take into account that we've already encountered the cross at this point and so the line should have been "your problems with the cross is not yet over" if Abstergo were Templars...

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Overall.... there are just to many unanswered questions.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Since no body paid attention to my thread, because it does not have a title that includes "Disappointing", "Disappointed" or "Disappointment", I`ll just post the OP here..

Originally posted by Assassin_M

Assassins Creed III DOES explain a few things...
But people are just too obsessed with Clay and his Message to actually realize it. The Modern day portion of AC III is not exactly the best written work of Literature out there, but it does well in explaining SOME things that were never explained. How did Eve manage to obtain an Apple ? How did the First Human-TWCB War start ? WHY did it start ?

Completely disregarding the ending of AC III: L, I`ll go on using elements exclusively from AC III. It is hinted at in AC III when Minerva says "Our gift to them"
It`s probably like this. There was a driving force for them to free the Humans (My guessing would be that it was a part of their plan to save the world) so that instead of one effort to stop it, they`d have more than one and that second effort would be the Humans.

Juno; however, initially conflicts this and probably pleads that Humans are Animals (or some other derogatory term) but in time she feigns agreement with Minerva and Jupiter. So at this time they`d already discovered that the earth would have a second disaster after this one and also, their effort to free humanity was most likely a desperate one, as in AFTER their solutions had failed and had been abandoned.

Now what caused Human Victory ? How can a slave race outnumber its creator ? the 4th Solution. Juno explained that If many Humans, using the Piece of Eden, think the same thing, it`ll be a reality. So they sought to create more Humans to ensure this succeeds, but it does not so they create more Humans and in time, the Humans outnumbered their creators and so the trio of Minerva, Juno and Tinia formulated the Plan of war to free the Human race with an assured result of Human Victory.

So to get a general Understanding of things. Minerva, Tinia and Juno discover the impeding Solar Flare and decide to work. They begin to think solutions and and come up with 6. Failure after failure. they discover that this disaster is not the last one and so decide to devise a plan. The War. to free the Humans and plant the seeds for the new race of Civilization. They then build the Vaults so as to keep them communicating safely and transmitting the solutions without the disturbance of the war.

They choose Eve as the leader of the Humans for this War and hand her an Apple. and events played as explained. After the Disaster, Minerva, Juno and Tinia do not perish, but are rather divided. Minerva calculates the future and finds A Desmond Miles, she begins to communicate with Desmond`s Ancestors to transmit him the message and ensure an uninterrupted transmission to Desmond. and that course of action was the best way to do it.

Tinia probably had some extent of knowledge to what Minerva was doing, but Juno decided to use the Technologies built by Minerva and Tinia to control the new upcoming Civilization of Humans. Minerva and Tinia remain unknowing of what Juno is planning and so Minerva proposes her new plan to save the new dominant race and tells them that she already started with her contacting Ezio Auditore. They all agree to create the Nexus as a second attempt to contact Desmond, keep in mind that between this event and Minerva`s and Tinia`s death is at least a couple of Centuries evident by Minerva mentioning that they walked the earth.

Now; they think about how they can use the Sync Nexus and out arises the plan to use Clay Kaczmarek. Juno takes over this and things proceed. Clay leaves the messages for Desmond in the Lab for him to look for these Symbols in the Animus hoping that the bleeding effect might cause Desmond to trigger the events that lead to the Sync Nexus of Ezio Auditore`s memories. Juno is now working on her take over while Tinia and Minerva make the calculations necessary for a successful Sync nexus and it succeeds. Desmond is now on his path to the grand temple. Juno uses this to her Advantage by turning the Grand temple`s final Solution to her own gains and foiling Minerva`s plan.

Minerva and Tinia abandon The Desmond plan entirely at this point and sentence Juno to her fate inside the Grand Temple. Sealed. Juno then finds the Technology that preserves the Conscience and then begins to formulate her own Scheme and continue, albeit differently, Minerva`s plan. She builds the Giant door inside the Temple and manages to find Haytham Kenway and his Son, Connor as Ancestors of Desmond. She uses the Key as the catalyst of this plan.

Meanwhile, Minerva and Tinia resolve to walk to the earth spreading their knowledge to help humanity grow, but Minerva decided to take one last peak into the Future in hopes that MAYBE Desmond succeeds, but unfortunately finds out what Juno had done and how much she had altered their final Solution deciding to instead convince Desmond to abandon saving the world altogether in order to keep Juno imprisoned.

Now there are a few things that are unexplained. "Only SHE remains to be found" Who is she ? I`m convinced it`s a Descendant of Eve, but seeing as that plan was foiled by Juno`s meddling, that never comes to fruition and instead we have what occurred in AC III. a completely altered set of events than what TWCB had intended.

"Centuries too late, you and the Templars have wasted time fighting" That is the true Mystery of this whole thing. Why then ? Why transmit it to Desmond ? Why not someone earlier ? My guess is that the Desmond TWCB saw was somehow different. What I mean by this is that the Templar and Assassin war has held the evolution of the Human race immensely and thus putting the final nail in the coffin of Minerva`s plan.

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 06:11 AM
M I did read your thread but thought I'd give a proper reply once I finish the game. :D

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 06:17 AM
M I did read your thread but thought I'd give a proper reply once I finish the game. :D
Well....At least i`m sure you read it...it has 108 views xD

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 06:24 AM
I did, too. I just didn't have anything to add.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 06:26 AM
I did, too. I just didn't have anything to add.
Encourage me D:

Tell me what do you think at least xD

Durakken
11-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Since no body paid attention to my thread, because it does not have a title that includes "Disappointing", "Disappointed" or "Disappointment", I`ll just post the OP here..

[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

Except nothing you said is actually said in the game and you contradict the game right off.

The war is given as the reason why TWCB didn't pick up on the flare in the first place. You're presuming a Jor-El situation where they knew and noone would listen so went about conspiring to do these other things which isn't supported.

Also your reasoning for the large human population is devoid of historical knowledge. History almost always plays out that in any culture that has slaves, slaves outnumber citizens often by something like at least 4 times. That is part of the 3/4 compromise in american history. There were so many slaves that the north was afraid that if you counted them and gave them the vote the vote would be unfair due to a small group getting to represent a large group that technically weren't citizens, but at the same time there were so many slaves that not counting them at all would make the citizen population reaaaally small.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Well... isn't this an off topic little piece of annoyance now? Seriously, are we ranting, or still talking about the games ending?

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Well... isn't this an off topic little piece of annoyance now? Seriously, are we ranting, or still talking about the games ending?
Who are you referring to exactly ?

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Who are you referring to exactly ?

Do you want a wall of text to go with my explination of what I was refering to, or can you figure this out on your own. Because I'm kind of tired right now....

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Do you want a wall of text to go with my explination of what I was refering to, or can you figure this out on your own. Because I'm kind of tired right now....
Wha- What ?? this doesn't even make any sense..What explanation ?

montagemik
11-29-2012, 09:56 AM

He said he's tired - Time for his NAP . SSSHHHHHHHH !! shush. you'll wake him

(he's not fond of anyone who actually understood the ending - ITS ALL WRONG YOU SEE - Ubisoft know nothing.)

montagemik
11-29-2012, 09:59 AM

It was probably explained already in the 1st thread , but maybe he still didn't understand the ending ... :p

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM

I'm talking about a full page of merciless rants, and as of most recently ( ^^^ ) , double posts. Seriously. Don't hijack this thread. It's still a great conversation.

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Lol.. "merciless" rants xD

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2012, 06:24 PM
I can't spell,...?

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Not the spelling.. I just imagined how someone can "mercilessly" rant.

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Point being that the mercy I was looking to get was the ceasation of this rant and nonsense.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Where exactly is my rant ?? That big post I made you mean ?