PDA

View Full Version : Things i find stupid/frustrating in AC3 MP

Upinya Slayin
11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Feel free to add your own lol

1) Smoke Bomb - way OP in a good connection, useless in a laggy game
2) getting knifed and having someone run up to you and stun you. Seems to only work for some people while others get contested kills
3) the terrible lock on system
4) people who run around getting 10 100 point kills and still coming in last despite doubling everyone's kills
5) everything about wanted and assassinate game modes
6) the smoke bomb/teleport combo in artifact assault
7) Using a poison dart to have the target get killed by another player be4 he dies or have him run up and stun you
8) getting stunned after using poison
9) lack of range on the poison dart
10) horrible matchmaking system

ways to fix it?

1) i got a message saying to protest OSB. IDK why that would make any difference lol maybe making the activation time long enough taht it needs to be planned out and not sued as a last second reaction would fix it. Also lower the duration time

2) always make a contested kill for someone knifing and trying to stun. limited range shouldn't stop you form killing someone as the game states "direct confrenation always goes to the pursuer"

3) IDK how to fix this

4) separate players based on their preferred gameplay style (which they can select, either stealthy or free running)

5) IDK how to fix it. i just don't play these modes in general. Guess they don't need fixing really. maybe just smaller maps?

6) see #1 for reference

7) don't allow poisoned players to be able to stun or be killed by anyone. just make them basically incapacitated and unkillable until the poison kills them

8) same as number 7

9) increase range.

10) too many games with 4 prestige players against a 2 low level players. I understand groups generally get kept together but sometimes it should break up when it makes sense. I don't have fun being in a group of 4 against 2 people and qames vice versa. always balance level and ladder rating maybe to make teams even

DayusMakhina
11-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Feel free to add your own lol

1) Smoke Bomb - way OP in a good connection, useless in a laggy game
2) getting knifed and having someone run up to you and stun you. Seems to only work for some people while others get contested kills
3) the terrible lock on system
4) people who run around getting 10 100 point kills and still coming in last despite doubling everyone's kills
5) everything about wanted and assassinate game modes
6) the smoke bomb/teleport combo in artifact assault
7) Using a poison dart to have the target get killed by another player be4 he dies or have him run up and stun you
8) getting stunned after using poison
9) lack of range on the poison dart
10) horrible matchmaking system

ways to fix it?
1) Wipe. Animus Shield. Knives. Or simply... move in causing them to Smoke, stop before the smoke, then proceed to kill target.
2) Only way of fixing that is if the game is only playable by those that have actual broadband connections. This game though, just like so many others just rewards laggers. If you find you are host or are in a room that has good pings Knives will work perfectly.
3) Dunno.
4) Meh, who cares. Said people are gonna lose.
5) Wanted isn't bad. Assassinate is terrible though I agree.
6) Err.... Wipe, Animus Shield, Pistol, Knives? So many options that that tactic should only catch you out once, then it's just so easy to deal with.
7) Don't allow poisoned players to be killed by others? Talk about making the game easy... As for being stunned by the person you've poisoned... if you're doing it right they shouldn't even know they've been had thus there's no chance of you being stunned.
8) Same as above, don't be so obvious.
9) Err... no is all I can say to that. If the poison dart had more range it'd be plain stupid.
10) God knows, but they've failed 3 games running when it comes to matchmaking so there simply isn't going to be a fix... maybe on their fourth or fifth attempt?

Blood Enforcer
11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
The knives work when you properly approach the target. Once a player is knived, their range to use the "x" or square button is limited. That gives the person who is approaching the advantage. If you come to close it will be a contested kill. If you move in cautiously you will get the stun 100% of the time.

The lock system is totally fine. You just have to know how to use it. I suggest training in Assassinate.

Blood Enforcer
11-26-2012, 09:41 PM
The knives work when you properly approach the target. Once a player is knived, their range to use the "x" or square button is limited. That gives the person who is approaching the advantage. If you come to close it will be a contested kill. If you move in cautiously you will get the stun 100% of the time.

The lock system is totally fine. You just have to know how to use it. I suggest training in Assassinate.

Lowly Assassin
11-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Poison dart was added as per player request but then debs did not want it in the game so they made it possible for the poisoned player to stun you and the rest of your team in team mpodes
And in free for all modes(assassinate) the poisoned player can kill you
And also made it only worth a total of 250 points

The poison dart is terrible as the game would be awful if it was good
It would be another shooting game with everyone shooting each other

Don't worry about people who get no points for lots of , just send them messages explaining that they could do so much better, or leave the game and find another if it makes you feel better
The smoke bomb /teleport combo is sooo stupid a combination for people that have no imagination
I used to use it until I realized that you can steal an artefact with absolutely every other ability and or combination, my personal favourite is bodyguard and decoy,
But honestly a good player does not need abilities to steal artefacts
I've got a fair few without any abilities

BlindInIce
11-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Blood Enforcer is right about knives. It's not a connection issue, knife stuns just require some finesse. You need to start the stun at max range and make sure you don't stumble into their reduced kill range.

Upinya Slayin
11-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Blood Enforcer is right about knives. It's not a connection issue, knife stuns just require some finesse. You need to start the stun at max range and make sure you don't stumble into their reduced kill range.

Thanks for the tips

Wratts
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Wanted and Assassinate can be fun if you get into the respective mindsets required for them. Personally, Wanted is my favorite FFA mode in AC3 because of all the epic chase and escape situations. A lot of people really enjoy the locking mind-games in Assassinate, so there's that...

Face.Ache
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I love assassinate actually I love the mind games and what not. However I do agree that a player should be able to choose the preferred game mode instead of a mix between three other modes. Other then that I don't think any of the abilities need to be adjusted, you just need to be stealthy otherwise it would be to easy.