PDA

View Full Version : Another little tweak needed

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:03 PM
S` All

Just wanted to add another little tweak that should be adjusted when you shutdown the engine. When you turn off your engine.. shutoff both magnetos and then hit the "I" key to turn it off. The engine just comes to like an immediate stop.. that isn't realistic is it? lol Usually takes it a while for the propeller to stop spinning and there should be some better sound for when shutting off the engine. Just an idea to make the game more and more realistic.

Lieutenant Hell's Angel 90 T of the 303rd Bombardment Group (H) "Hell's Angels"

Callsign: PirAnha
"Terror of the Skies"

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 09:03 PM
S` All

Just wanted to add another little tweak that should be adjusted when you shutdown the engine. When you turn off your engine.. shutoff both magnetos and then hit the "I" key to turn it off. The engine just comes to like an immediate stop.. that isn't realistic is it? lol Usually takes it a while for the propeller to stop spinning and there should be some better sound for when shutting off the engine. Just an idea to make the game more and more realistic.

Lieutenant Hell's Angel 90 T of the 303rd Bombardment Group (H) "Hell's Angels"

Callsign: PirAnha
"Terror of the Skies"

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Well, it's close. Big, high compression engines will stop propellers spinning at low RPM's pretty quickly. I do agree they stop a bit too quick in the game, but they shouldn't spin down slowly like a turboprop engine does.

http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/airwolf/pic1.jpg