PDA

View Full Version : Do knife stunning have been removed?

PiotrekK500
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Today I finally was able to play my first match (I'm on the PC) and it seems to me that knives do not reduce kill range anymore. I tried to knife stun several times and ended with honorable death most of the times. And before you say "learn to play the game" - I played ACB and ACR MP and I'm pretty sure I know how the game works and how knife stunning should work. I also got contested kill while being knifed and guy who knifed me was pretty far away but still I managed to kill him - just like knives didn't reduce my kill range.

So anyone also encountered anything like this or this is just me?

DayusMakhina
11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Knife stuns work... but are VERY lag dependent I find. You get a crap host and you're just going to end up with an honourable death, while said host will have no issue doing it himself/herself whatsoever.

cruzateu
11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
nope, knife stuning is still there, i missed a lot of times, but with time you get better (and still fail sometimes LOL)

DeanOMiite
11-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I've been all over the place with knives. Sometimes I can stun my pursuer, sometimes I can't, sometimes I get stunned, sometimes I get contested kill, sometimes I get a full kill...I've noticed no consistency on it at all, to the point where I'm not even sure what I SHOULD be seeing with knives.

Wolfsbane5
11-26-2012, 08:08 PM
If the opponent has got you targeted already its almost always a contested. However if he hasnt, for the split second after being knived you cant target anyone (save high profiles).
So aslong as you dont do a high profile approuch after kniving, its down to "were you targetted" and lag. Also quite a few perks seem to influence it.
The resistant perk: The one that let you get up faster after being stunned in previous ACs, for some reason lets you walk faster after knives and contested kills aswell as a few other abilities.
Resilience + Resistant seems to be quite BA on other peoples abilities.

Knives works but not like it did in previous games. Its unbelievable funny tho to use on anyone thats trying to use ranged abilties on you.
Also on anyone chasing you: knife, hide in a crowd out of line of sight. You win chase and run upto them and stun them.
Between knives, smoke bomb and tripmine, blended perk and overall cooldowns, you can stay alive (and stun them) till they decide to gun you down (manhunt).

Xokonoshtletl
11-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Just avoid to run or even fast walk towards the one you knived. If you approach your pursuer slowly it almost works every time. Doesn't work for sure if you're too far away.

PiotrekK500
11-26-2012, 08:47 PM
OK I see that it's quite inconsistent so probably that's the problem
Anyways thanks for the help guys :)

Carbiner
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Personally I only use knives as a last resort defensively simply due to how much lag affects whether you'll get a stun or not, I guess since they changed the ability to kill while knifed they might eventually change it so you can't stun either which would solve the problem and make knives almost as good as smoke bombs but with a much shorter cooldown; kind of silly but it's not like people don't already use knives anyway. My personal favorite method of using knives is to screw over players who are close to my score, doesn't even matter if they're your pursuer, target, or none of the above.

najzere
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I can't believe it's this long after ACR and people still don't know how knives work.

DeanOMiite
11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I can't believe it's this long after ACR and people still don't know how knives work.

I never used them in ACB or ACR...wouldn't even be using them now if they didn't add a ranged weapon :-X

rocketxsurgeon
11-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Knife stuns have been working pretty well for me.
I'd say 2/10 they dont work. perhaps even 1/10 times.
Maybe i've just been very lucky...