PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to play all the Assassins Creeds to get the full story?

Turney14
11-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon guys. I have recently completed Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, and have began playing the 3rd one. Now in the intro to the 3rd game Desmond has the part of Eden (the apple). How did he get this? Because at the end of the 2nd game the both parts of Eden are in Rome. Do I need to play and complete "Brotherhood" and "Revelations" to get the full story? Thanks

LightRey
11-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Pretty much. You could watch some walkthroughs on Youtube of course, but I'd advise playing the games yourself.

Turney14
11-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Cheers man. I'll just go and buy them, get them cheap anyway. Cheers again

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Brotherhood and Revelations are merely just extensions of Ezio's Life and story , they was originaly planned for DLC but the priduction got so big that ubi had to release them as a proper fomat on disc

But its good to play them because they are the build up to desmonds story in 3.

kriegerdesgottes
11-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I would. As much as Ubisoft tries to fill new people in, I know if I came into Assassin's Creed in the middle or the end I would be totally lost. I'd suggest starting from the beginning.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Brotherhood and Revelations are merely just extensions of Ezio's Life and story , they was originaly planned for DLC but the priduction got so big that ubi had to release them as a proper fomat on disc

But its good to play them because they are the build up to desmonds story in 3.
ACB was (allegedly) supposed to be either DLC or the final sequence of ACII, ACR was originally supposed to be a much smaller game, not meant for consoles.

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 04:10 PM
ACB was (allegedly) supposed to be either DLC or the final sequence of ACII, ACR was originally supposed to be a much smaller game, not meant for consoles.

Thats what i just said Downloadable/extra content.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Thats what i just said Downloadable/extra content.
Yes, but you forgot to mention that is not confirmed info.

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes, but you forgot to mention that is not confirmed info.

Actualy i got it from a Source that worked in UBI for a number of years at their surrey office :)

Paribissee
11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
No you dont! This is the first AC game ive played and i love it and im into it..

montagemik
11-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Actualy i got it from a Source that worked in UBI for a number of years at their surrey office :)

It needs to be carved in stone & told to the entire world in order to have relevance here . (apparently) :rolleyes:

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
It needs to be carved in stone & told to the entire world in order to have relevance here . (apparently) :rolleyes:

Thats the thing ubi will never let the cat out of the bag , its like i also know that Rainbow six's lead writer was sacked rather than left lool ! ( Leaving on a mutual agreement means a company does not want you on a project no more ) ubi want fresh blood in the series.

But yeah i can tell you that the previous games ( Brotherhood and Revelations) was set to be DLC which kind of makes sense, but playing the previous games i feel gives you a better perspective on the characters and understanding.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Thats the thing ubi will never let the cat out of the bag , its like i also know that Rainbow six's lead writer was sacked rather than left lool ! ( Leaving on a mutual agreement means a company does not want you on a project no more ) ubi want fresh blood in the series.

But yeah i can tell you that the previous games ( Brotherhood and Revelations) was set to be DLC which kind of makes sense, but playing the previous games i feel gives you a better perspective on the characters and understanding.

I'm with you - to me AC-2 WAS only half the game or story . Brotherhood isn't a filler or stop gap for me , it's the second half & conclusion of AC-2 whatever the official statements say. .

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm with you - to me AC-2 WAS only half the game or story . Brotherhood isn't a filler or stop gap for me , it's the second half & conclusion of AC-2 whatever the official statements say. .

AC2 was defo my favorite game closely followed by 3 but dont get me wrong i enjoyed ACB and Revelations but i would not consider them instalments just a way for ubi to captilise but i aint moaning because they are in this business to make money and as it stands with the quality of games they have been releasing ( i am prepared for bashing for this lol ! ) i would gladly give them my money because i enjoy Assassins Creed - i just wished ubi would be more truthfull sometimes but then again he who increseath Knowledge increaseth sorrow as Al Mualim would put it ;)

ACfan443
11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
They kept saying AC3 was a great point to step in for newcomers, but I honestly think it's the worst with regards to understanding the long term plot, it doesn't explain things very well, the intro was lacking and you'll be left especially confused during the scenes Juno pops up when plugging in the power sources. Start from AC1.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 07:16 PM
AC2 was defo my favorite game closely followed by 3 but dont get me wrong i enjoyed ACB and Revelations but i would not consider them instalments just a way for ubi to captilise but i aint moaning because they are in this business to make money and as it stands with the quality of games they have been releasing ( i am prepared for bashing for this lol ! ) i would gladly give them my money because i enjoy Assassins Creed - i just wished ubi would be more truthfull sometimes but then again he who increseath Knowledge increaseth sorrow as Al Mualim would put it ;)

Nothing is true , Everything is permitted = They're rarely totally honest & Do whatever they like. ;)

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
OP you need to play all the games. Even If It's just to follow Ezio's life. That In Itself Is worth the pennies. And AC1 Is also a great game. Go play them.

CalgaryJay
11-26-2012, 07:31 PM
No you dont! This is the first AC game ive played and i love it and im into it..

Ya I have to agree. To grasp the modern day Desmond story, its definitely in your best interests to at least play 1 & 2. But to be honest, in terms of % of game time spent covering it, the modern story is very minimized in this series, or at least after 1.

If you're just looking forward to running around as Connor & experiencing Revolutionary times, you'll be just fine.

JumpInTheFire13
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't see why you wouldn't want to play the first four games. They're all incredible games. Go play them for the pure enjoyment of playing them, not because you think you have to.