PDA

View Full Version : naval game based on AC3's naval gameplay

dxsxhxcx
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM
I didn't find a similar thread in the first three pages so I decided to create one, some time ago I saw someone suggesting make a game (not an AC game) based on the naval gameplay we have in Assassin's Creed 3, by that time I was still waiting to play the game so I didn't say anything, but now that I played the game I must agree with this person and say that if they don't do this they'll be missing an opportunity to make a(nother) great game.

IMO this feature is the greatest thing already implemented in this franchise, it's immersive (probably due to the camera angle they decided to use that really make us feel as part of the ship), fun and a welcome change of pace from the core gameplay we have.so what do you think about that?

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
YES! Naval missions were godly, I had to resist a big urge to shout "FIRE!" all the time, lol.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
An entire game? No. I loved the naval missions, but I don't need an entire game about it.

xboxauditore
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd prefer a DLC With more Naval stuff, I freakin' love it when Connor shouts his commands. "FIRE" "I NEED LESS!"

ProletariatPleb
11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
An entire game? No. I loved the naval missions, but I don't need an entire game about it.
I hope you got that it's not about making an AC game based on naval, a naval game, unrelated to AC. Just making sure you didn't get the wrong impression of the poll.

dxsxhxcx
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
just to make things clear, I'm talking about a new game not related to Assassin's Creed...

EDIT:
sidspyker24 was faster than me.. :p

but what he said is exactly what I'm suggesting, an open world game about pirates or something where the battle and navigation would be similar to what we have in AC3 (with some improvements, of course)

also, the game wouldn't be ONLY about naval battles, we would spend some time on land too, looking for treasures, fighting enemies, solving mysteries, etc.. basically it would be a game similar to AC (gameplay wise, a 3rd person game), but with a different plot of course...

LightRey
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
I hope you got that it's not about making an AC game based on naval, a naval game, unrelated to AC. Just making sure you didn't get the wrong impression of the poll.
I did. Doesn't change my opinion. I might reconsider if they show me some more dynamic naval gameplay.

Dagio12
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Why not. I would love nothing more than a pirate-like game. Where the naval aspects could be similar in nature to AC3s naval missions, but you can also just freeroam, ask your first mate to take control of the wheel (maybe you can grab a map and place waypoints for your first mate to follow a specific route you have made), and then you are free to move around the ship as you wish. Where you can go to different islands and explore, hunt, get supplies, go treasure hunting, combat enemies, solve mysteries and explore temples... idk, just a real adventure game with that setting and time period is very attractive to me. If anyone could do an awesome game like that... it would be Ubisoft.

ZER0_F0XTROT
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
This is a fantastic idea, and quite frankly I don't see why they wouldn't do this. I'm pretty sure there isn't even such a game in existence outside of maybe Pirates of the Caribbean on the original Xbox a few years back (awesome game, but buggy). With AC3 they have proved that this sort of game is very possible. Throw in free roam with a huge section of ocean to explore, towns/vilages, treasure, custom ships and crew, and a half decent story... hell you easily have your self a awesome game right there.

WyoMama
01-13-2013, 02:36 AM
I love your idea Dagio12! My husband LOVES the naval missions. He and the kids all yell "Fire" "Full-Sail" etc. while playing. It's great family fun. I'd love to see a game similar to Sid Meyer's Pirates using the engine from the naval battles of AC3. Come on Ubisoft, you can do it!!!

Black_Widow9
01-13-2013, 02:40 AM
If this could be meshed with Sid Meier's Pirates! I think I would die of happiness.
http://www.2kgames.com/pirates/