PDA

View Full Version : Patches 'n stuff ...

nnnooooobbbb
11-26-2012, 07:50 AM
As AC3 is my first uplay-game (seriously, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it came with malware attached) I have no clue how updates are handled.

I bought this game through Steam, and now my question is: Does Steam handle the update process, does uplay do that for me or do I have to apply the patch manually?

On a side-note:
1) When I start uplay and navigate to the games tab, it tells me I have NO games...none (I only see the controller picture along with the message "Your games will appear here")

2) When I start the game through Steam though, it performs a first time set-up (every single time), then opens uplay and takes me right to the game where I can start it via the "Play" button right next to the game icon.

3) And finally, when I open uplay manually THEN select the game on Steam, it also jumps to the game page, but the "Play" button transforms into a "Go to game" button and when I click that it wants me to enter my CD-Key even though I already unlocked and also played it some.

What's up with that? Any advice? (And yes, I already did as suggested and deinstalled the uplay version that came with the Steam install, and downloaded and installed the newest client via the website)

Also: Goddammit UbiSoft...please patch that thing, will ya?

Mr_Shade
11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi there,

Uplay will handle the updates for you - after you start the game from Steam.

If you are still having issues, after updating Uplay - I can only suggest you contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

Normally Steam games, you have to launch from steam - which in turn launches uplay so there maybe some confusion with the multiple clients.