PDA

View Full Version : Full perks, kill streaks, and loss bonus guide

WiNGSPANTT
11-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Not sure if people here caught my full Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer ability and crafting guide (http://www.toptiertactics.com/16362/assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-abilities-guide-crafting/) last time, but I decided to follow up with the rest of the loadout picks.

Here's my Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer perks streaks and bonus guide (http://www.toptiertactics.com/16735/assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-perks-streaks-guide/). I wanted to give particularly newer players some instant insight into what to pick and why, as well as grant a few examples of niche situations for each option, where possible. That was harder with Loss Bonuses, since most of them are terrible, of course!

Any feedback is welcome! If I made any errors or overlooked something big I'd like to correct it!

Free_Hidings
11-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Not going to go through the whole thing but I take issue here:

"For Animus Shield, both duration and cooldown are good bets. A slightly longer lasting barrier will give you more wiggle room, and lower cooldown means you can troll your opposition more frequently. Increasing Shield charges, however, is largely a waste, since blocking multiple attacks will rarely be a factor."

I guess you are thinking of mainly FFA scenarios, but in AA you will find that having multiple charges will come in extremely handy at times, as a good artifact runner will often find himself being bombarded by projectiles. I have mine crafted for 2 charges and medium duration (IE 1 point charges, 1 point duration) and I find this very useful. It is not at all rare to be attacked by two people at the same time in AA. Otherwise, I would put both points on duration.

If I was using the ability only for FFA though I would put both on cooldown. Otherwise you're on track

WiNGSPANTT
11-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Not going to go through the whole thing but I take issue here:

"For Animus Shield, both duration and cooldown are good bets. A slightly longer lasting barrier will give you more wiggle room, and lower cooldown means you can troll your opposition more frequently. Increasing Shield charges, however, is largely a waste, since blocking multiple attacks will rarely be a factor."

I guess you are thinking of mainly FFA scenarios, but in AA you will find that having multiple charges will come in extremely handy at times, as a good artifact runner will often find himself being bombarded by projectiles. I have mine crafted for 2 charges and medium duration (IE 1 point charges, 1 point duration) and I find this very useful. It is not at all rare to be attacked by two people at the same time in AA. Otherwise, I would put both points on duration.

If I was using the ability only for FFA though I would put both on cooldown. Otherwise you're on track

A good point. I'll update with that in mind.

luckyto
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Free Hidings, yes, me too. That's the best option that I've found for AA.

Good articles, Wingspan, keep em coming -

Carbiner
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Morph cooldown is much more useful than having more clones, unless you're morphing 2 stationary packs at once (center of Venice is a prime example, haven't really seen a good place to do this in AC3 yet). It is much more obvious to the naked eye when an entire patrol is morphed as opposed to 3 or 4 out of 5, and you're much more prone to get nearby lures from wandering NPCs if you're not in a completely morphed group. Morph rarely if ever being on CD when you spawn is a huge strength of the ability and when you have 10-15 seconds without it and instantly get 3 pursuers upon spawning it can cause some issues; for me with overall cooldowns and crafted CD it's down maybe once or twice a match on spawns, I use those lives to go get aerial/acrobatic/focus or any other esoteric bonus that might be available.

guitargod33
11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I have to disagree with the popular sentiment on animus shield. It blocks up to 3 abilities without crafting, and I have RARELY had that many thrown at me at one time, even in team modes. I put my crafting into duration, to allow maximum time for it to protect me.
I also go for cooldowns with morph, because by the time they're choosing between 5 and 7 personas (including yourself), the advantage is mostly lost on a good player who reads their compass well.
And as frustrating the choice of crafting is with teleport, since the activation time has been increased in AC3, there is still use for crafting for distance, especially in Artifact Assault. An aware, strategy-minded defender can easily make up for the teleport distance within that activation time. Putting that extra space between you and them can make the difference between it being successful and ending in your death.
Finally, I'd mention the legitimate defensive use of firecrackers as well. As we all know, it cancels the lock of its victim, and if you're standing in a large group of people with a pursuer approaching you rather recklessly, the odds are pretty good you could end up getting a lure and/or stun by using those firecrackers defensively.