PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack discussion (may contain spoilers)

tgow2010
11-26-2012, 01:57 AM
It's a close one with Revelations but I think ACIII has my favourite game soundtrack, definitely in the AC series if not of all games. What's everyone's favourite tracks from the score so far and why? Mine are:

Welcome to Boston - particularly the opening and the way it builds, the main theme/melody of this one is amazing.
Through the Frontier - love the use of vocals and the violins, racing through the trees to assassinate guards with this blasting, epic!
Connor's Life - plays during a certain cutscene with a monologue from a certain character, very well done
Trouble in Town - when you're going after Charles Lee and this plays, feels like you're finally gonna get revenge
Farewell - stunning and haunting.
Modern Assassin - this one has a particular Jason Bourne feel to it which I really enjoyed, very unexpected.
Breaching the Walls - real feeling of dread building at the beginning of this, great the way it plays between Connor and Haytham. Also love the variation on the theme at around 2:20

Anyway should be an interesting topic! Or I'll have bored everyone to tears. But I couldn't stand another PATCH/HOOD/HAIR thread.

Will_Lucky
11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Forgetful, the only two tracks that come to mind are when Connor kills Haytham and when Connor is chasing Lee. Overall for me the worst OST of the lot and I won't be buying it.