PDA

View Full Version : This was my first Assassin's Creed.....

Dymez_510
11-26-2012, 12:09 AM
This was my first Assassin's Creed...... and I LOVED it. I seen some thread saying they've lost a customer. Well, Ubisoft, let me tell you, you've just gained a replacement as far as I'm concerned. The story; the plight of the Native American, the boy seeking vengeance, justice, and equality; the maps, the wilderness, the living creatures -- breathtaking. The fighting controls, it seems to be borrowed or influenced by Arkham City (which a lot of developers have been doing lately), but it's better -- amazing. Once again, this was my first game in the series, and I feel like I've been apart of it the whole run. I wasn't lost in the story, I feel like I understood the ending very well, which is weird because I've read last week that a lot of people who've been long time players of this franchise didn't. I was expecting the worse, but it went well for me. I'm sure this franchise can go no where but up, and I'll be along for the ride all the way to the top.

I've had minor issues, but nothing major with the game. I've heard basically all my minor issues have been patched, anyway. If there's anything I feel that could've/should've been fixed or added, it would be the co-op Wolfpack mode. I'd rather a nice lengthy cooperative story than a "beat the buzzer" get that quick kill mode. All in all, thank you for such a great game! Great way to end 2012!

montagemik
11-26-2012, 02:01 AM
May i suggest - You pick up AC1 - AC-2 , AC Brotherhood & AC Revelations ... You might enjoy them quite a bit & you'll see why AC has gained the playerbase it has over the years .
Each game for me was extremely enjoyable & somehow for different reasons with each installment .

I summed up AC 1 years ago as Davinci code meets the matrix in a basic sense - But it really is a deep & well thought out saga in reality.

ZephyrStrife
11-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Just a word of warning, AC1 is incredibly slow and boring. You really got to push yourself though the first half of it...and then the story locks you in.

JumpInTheFire13
11-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Just a word of warning, AC1 is incredibly slow and boring. You really got to push yourself though the first half of it...and then the story locks you in.
How is that game boring?! Repetitive missions, that's about it. Maybe after playing AC3 first it would seem boring, but I think AC1 is exciting.

OP, I recommend you play all of them in order. They're amazing.

ecWarAmp
11-26-2012, 05:07 AM
ac3 is my first, i love it, screw black ops 2 and halo 4! also it came with ac2 but its still in the plastic wrap

luckyto
11-26-2012, 05:56 AM
Skip Brotherhood and Revelations.

But definitely go play AC2. And really, as cheap as AC1 is, pick it up too. It starts really slow, and is nowhere near as polished as AC3; but it's phenomenal in its own right. The maps, combat and assassinations are superb, as is the story.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Skip Brotherhood and Revelations.

But definitely go play AC2. And really, as cheap as AC1 is, pick it up too. It starts really slow, and is nowhere near as polished as AC3; but it's phenomenal in its own right. The maps, combat and assassinations are superb, as is the story.

Sorry but they're all pretty integral really - Play all the prequels or none.

TlNSTAAFL
11-26-2012, 06:02 AM
I think the game is best, when not hooked onto the anticipation. next game, I'm not planning on learning anything about it until after the release.

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 06:36 AM
First off, welcome to the forums :) and yes it is **** awesome reliving the life of Altair Ibn'la-ahad, seeing his redemption, then going to Ezio Auditore da firenze, sure I don't like him all that much but I love his story, then continuing Ezio's story, seeing him go from an arrogant playboy to the wize old assassin we all know him as.

Paribissee
11-26-2012, 06:38 AM
This was my first Assassin's Creed...... and I LOVED it. I seen some thread saying they've lost a customer. Well, Ubisoft, let me tell you, you've just gained a replacement as far as I'm concerned. The story; the plight of the Native American, the boy seeking vengeance, justice, and equality; the maps, the wilderness, the living creatures -- breathtaking. The fighting controls, it seems to be borrowed or influenced by Arkham City (which a lot of developers have been doing lately), but it's better -- amazing. Once again, this was my first game in the series, and I feel like I've been apart of it the whole run. I wasn't lost in the story, I feel like I understood the ending very well, which is weird because I've read last week that a lot of people who've been long time players of this franchise didn't. I was expecting the worse, but it went well for me. I'm sure this franchise can go no where but up, and I'll be along for the ride all the way to the top.

I've had minor issues, but nothing major with the game. I've heard basically all my minor issues have been patched, anyway. If there's anything I feel that could've/should've been fixed or added, it would be the co-op Wolfpack mode. I'd rather a nice lengthy cooperative story than a "beat the buzzer" get that quick kill mode. All in all, thank you for such a great game! Great way to end 2012!

Also my thoughts well said i also was new to the series but WOW!

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 06:52 AM
glad you liked it OP. May I suggest you to get all the other AC games (AC1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations), and play them in the correct order. You'll appreciate the story even more. :)

InfectedNation
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Also, complete the glyph/rift puzzles in 2 and Brotherhood, they're fantastic.

Felix-Vivo
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Glad to hear these nice things about the game amongst all the negative stuff recently. I loved it too!

I'm like you in this situations, except my first game was Revelations. My brother had bought a PS3 and I tried it whilst he was out, and I fell in love with Ezio and Yusuf and Constantinople. So I bought my own PS3 but before finishing Revelations, I caught up on the others. It really does flesh out the story and makes everything so much more impact-ful!

SO yes, I really would say it's worth playing all of them, even if graphically and mechanics wise they might seem like a step down, the stories are well worth it.

CalgaryJay
11-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Ya 1 can definitely get repetitive, and frustrating at times. But to be honest, its pretty short, you could bang through it in 3-4 days if you really wanted to. Its also in a very cool setting, plus it really helps you understand the modern story, its probably by far the game that spends the most time on it.

And the best part is, once you're done it, you get to move on to AC2, which is just awesome. AC2 is the reason this series has exploded in popularity.

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Glad to hear these nice things about the game amongst all the negative stuff recently. I loved it too!

I'm like you in this situations, except my first game was Revelations. My brother had bought a PS3 and I tried it whilst he was out, and I fell in love with Ezio and Yusuf and Constantinople. So I bought my own PS3 but before finishing Revelations, I caught up on the others. It really does flesh out the story and makes everything so much more impact-ful!

SO yes, I really would say it's worth playing all of them, even if graphically and mechanics wise they might seem like a step down, the stories are well worth it.

Can you also post this In this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729726-Do-I-need-to-play-all-the-Assassins-Creeds-to-get-the-full-story/page2

We have someone else who needs to be convinced to play these awesome games! :)

pacmanate
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Not Gonna lie, I love AC1, but it does get boring after about 4 sequences.

JumpInTheFire13
11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Don't listen to that other guy. I definitely think you should play ACB and ACR. They aren't as good as AC2 but they're both still awesome. I actually like ACB the best in some ways. The music is amazing, Rome is amazing, the combat is amazing. Like seriously, buy that game, climb a tall building near the middle of Rome, and spend 10 minutes looking around whilst your jaw rests on the floor.

Pocky_Tock
11-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Funny the people buying this game and never played the previous games thinking its amazing. All because of the publicity push and commercializing of the game did you actually feel like buying it. The same as so many people who bought BF3 just because it was the latest hype. If you played the other ACs then you might realize the ****ty change they implemented in this latest installment.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Funny the people buying this game and never played the previous games thinking its amazing. All because of the publicity push and commercializing of the game did you actually feel like buying it. The same as so many people who bought BF3 just because it was the latest hype. If you played the other ACs then you might realize the ****ty change they implemented in this latest installment.
I played all the other games and my favorite is AC III...

Go cry

Paribissee
11-30-2012, 07:47 AM

Same thing with me! Great job UBI.

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 08:26 AM
I played all the other games and my favorite is AC III...

Go cry

Same here. Go cry some moar..