PDA

View Full Version : The Jack Reacher Experience

Jack-Reacher
11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Basically what I have been doing while playing AC3 for the past 3 days is exploring the frontier to its fullest with the HUD off, no in-game or online maps, and just ignoring the rest of the game. I will catch up on all the story and all that later but what im doing now for the rest of the week is just roaming around the frontier at my own pace and learning the land using landmarks and other cues. It has been extremely rewarding, I recommend starting this around sequence 6.

Firstly I had no idea about forts, so stumbling upon those was extremely satisfying. Also I had no idea about random guard patrols and convoys, sneaking up on them and wiping them all out undetected using smoke bombs and other equipment is very rewarding. Also had no idea how huge the hunting grounds really are, doing the hunting challenges without using the map is so much more fun, same goes for all the collectables, do not use any maps in game or online at all to find them, you can use the logbook to check how many collectables there are in each region. In order to learn the regions you gotta really think while you are playing, you have to look at landmarks and create your own maps in your head.

Finally, to get the most out of this experience, listen to good ambiant music, I find the ingame music is rather lacking, I personally listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Tx7m_lUzg&feature=related

Hope others take up this challenge before finishing the game, its a great way to get lost in a game, something I find gets harder and harder as you get older.

I am now considering doing this in Boston after I am fully done learning the entire frontier region by region. This should be a fresh experience because of all the patrols, they should keep me occupied and interested as I like to wipe them all out without being seen, including rooftop guards. This should keep each area fresh, as boston isnt as good to look at as the frontier.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
About 10 days too late to try this before completing it , but i'll maybe try it on next playthrough .
I did uncover all the frontier before going to homestead though as young kid connor - Was fun finally having the freedom to explore the whole frontier. :D

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm gunna try this, thanks for showing us this

Jack-Reacher
11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Also its good to take a break from the story and just explore at your own leisure because time passes in the story, maybe its better to forget about it occasionally and get caught up in other stuff

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 01:08 AM
That`s what I`m doing right now..

I intentionally left all the Frontier forts:p