PDA

View Full Version : You have been disconnected from the host

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 06:49 PM
This is my new most hated message in the game. It seems every other game just as it about to end im gonna win i get dropped from the game. If i cared about my rank and this was counting as quits i would be so freaking pissed, as it is im pissed that i cant finish a game.

BigUrn
11-25-2012, 08:48 PM
I believe it's because since it's p2p if the "host" leaves it drops everyone I don't think this game has host migration though I may be wrong

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I think you may be right, it's funny didn't acb and acr have migration?

BigUrn
11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't believe so. Some people just quit and he/she happens to be the host then your screwed. Lots of quitting now thanks to that really neat ladder score

PurinxPop
11-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I thought ACR had host migration, but I'm unsure. I didn't really get the disconnected from the host error in ACR that much unless there was server problems (like maintenance and the likes)

BigUrn
11-25-2012, 09:00 PM
I assume this ladder garbage is the cause for people leaving as people don't want to lose points

Collinwood01
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Well they are mislead in their thinking if they think by quitting that they wont lose points because I read somewhere that the points for quitting will be deducted on the finish of your next full game. I lose a ton of points everyday for quitting, not that I care. What sucks about being disconnected, for me anyway, is that I have to reset all of my customizations over. That gets old. I like playing dress up with my barbie dolls(AC MP characters) just not everyday.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Well they are mislead in their thinking if they think by quitting that they wont lose points because I read somewhere that the points for quitting will be deducted on the finish of your next full game. I lose a ton of points everyday for quitting, not that I care.

You are correct sir, you can find that in the ladder explained thread that is stickied.

BigUrn
11-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Truth be told I didn't really run into this problem pre-patch. Every now and then I would but after the patch it's like 1 in every 2 games.

papartusedmcrsk
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I think I have received this notification once in all the time I have been playing AC3. I have had many matches where it will start with four memorable names, and after people leave and others join, the match ends with none of those other players who were there in the start. I'm not sure if that is proof of host migration or not...?

But I suppose my point is I have barely gotten this is AC3. Then again, I have barely played post patch...