PDA

View Full Version : Connors future(spoilers)

Mistik92
11-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Before I start, sorry for my english.

Assassins, do you remember when they asked Ubisoft if Connor would return and they said that it depends if the fans like him, but how can they bring him back?
That would be impossible right? I mean, Connor was Desmonds ancestor and Desmond diead(wtf). Who would use the animus? Willam miles? Desmonds cousins??

Any ideas? thoughts?

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone on the planet could potentially relive Desmond's ancestors memories.

Mistik92
11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
how?? explain
Anyone on the planet could potentially relive Desmond's ancestors memories.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Abstergo has the ability to extract memories, so anyone can view them. You know what I'd love? If an Assassin Infiltrated Abstergo, gained their trust and was chosen to relive Desmonds memories, all the while remaining In contact with Shaun and the gang.

Mistik92
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Abstergo has the ability to extract memories, so anyone can view them. You know what I'd love? If an Assassin Infiltrated Abstergo, gained their trust and was chosen to relive Desmonds memories, all the while remaining In contact with Shaun and the gang. hahah that would be cool, but abstergo would probably find out ;)

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
There are ways, as UrDeviant1 has mentioned. Plus, if Desmond has a son like S16 seems to suggest...

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:54 PM
hahah that would be cool, but abstergo would probably find out ;)

Hopefully. And then we just kill them.

Mistik92
11-25-2012, 03:55 PM
There are ways, as UrDeviant1 has mentioned. Plus, if Desmond has a son like S16 seems to suggest... he did?? when??

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:55 PM
There are ways, as UrDeviant1 has mentioned. Plus, if Desmond has a son like S16 seems to suggest...

I hope this isn't the case. So much less creative.

"Oh look, he had a son all along..HUUR DURR!"

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:57 PM
he did?? when??
In ACB S16 refers to Desmond's son for some reason (he literally says: "The sun... Your son..."). It's vague at best but he does for whatever reason seem to think Desmond has a son.

Mistik92
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
In ACB S16 refers to Desmond's son for some reason (he literally says: "The sun... Your son..."). It's vague at best but he does for whatever reason seem to think Desmond has a son. the mother is probably a waitress from the bar Desmond worked at, or customer.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
the mother is probably a waitress from the bar Desmond worked at, or customer.

I dunno' man, Desmond might wake up at the beginning of AC4 with contraction pains due to Immaculate conception. That would Interesting.

Mistik92
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I dunno' man, Desmond might wake up at the beginning of AC4 with contraction pains due to Immaculate conception. That would Interesting. well that's noy impossible. We didnt get comfirmation that Desmond died, right? or did we? anyway, If that happend, the reason would be that Minerva saved him somehow.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 05:15 PM
well that's noy impossible. We didnt get comfirmation that Desmond died, right? or did we? anyway, If that happend, the reason would be that Minerva saved him somehow.
From what I've heard the new encyclopedia confirms he is indeed dead.

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 06:06 PM
i always expected Ac3 (or at least Desmond's story) to end with someone from a future generation pulling out of an animus to reveal that someone else was re-living his life after he was long gone... of course this was always just a crackpot theory of mine, but yeah... what S16 said in Ac:B seemed to support the theory

LightRey
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
i always expected Ac3 (or at least Desmond's story) to end with someone from a future generation pulling out of an animus to reveal that someone else was re-living his life after he was long gone... of course this was always just a crackpot theory of mine, but yeah... what S16 said in Ac:B seemed to support the theory
I think you've watched The Matrix too much...

Rabid-Ross
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
But Desmond's actual memories after conceiving his son would be lost of course, no one would know about the inside of the temple or any of that

LightRey
11-25-2012, 07:02 PM
But Desmond's actual memories after conceiving his son would be lost of course, no one would know about the inside of the temple or any of that
True, but him having a son keeps his genetic significance intact. He's supposed to be related to all kinds of important people. Three seems a little few.

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM
i think everyone is also ruling out the possibility of other siblings who would all have the same dna... and the recent retcon saying that anyone now can relieve someone elses ancestral memories... or even memories from someone still alive... they are just jumping the shark and ignoring everything that the series had previously structured itself around

like i said, from a writers perspective... AC3 made a royal mess of the whole universe, and there is nothing left worth theorizing about

LightRey
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM
i think everyone is also ruling out the possibility of other siblings who would all have the same dna... and the recent retcon saying that anyone now can relieve someone elses ancestral memories... or even memories from someone still alive... they are just jumping the shark and ignoring everything that the series had previously structured itself around

like i said, from a writers perspective... AC3 made a royal mess of the whole universe, and there is nothing left worth theorizing about
How is that a retcon? It's not even recent. It's been a thing since PL.

kuled2012
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Maybe Ubi just made a spelling mistake o.o

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 08:21 PM
the whole purpose of Ac1 was to establish the rules of this universe... the rules are that only a person with the required genetic memory can relive an ancestors life, Ac2 held to this rule (and all others) however, by the time Ac:B and project and project legacy came around... they made this rule pointless, and began smashing at least one universal defining rule per title

the satellite is another big retcon... the big ticking time bomb for 4 games... the expected 2012 climax story, built up across 4 games... explained away with one cut scene and an email

The whole ending of brotherhood, and junos final messages before killing lucy... swept under the rug, (they hoped we would forget about them, seems YOU did) as well as S16's message to desmond, completely ignored and unfulfilled

one of the main pillars of revelation... Altairs apple of eden he hid, NOT EVEN MENTIONED

the fact that the modern assassins had no way of seeing what desmond was seeing in the animus during its safe mode in revelations... however all 3 of them somehow mention witnessing events from that story as first hand (such as william saying "we all saw what happened next" referencing jupiters message)

shall i go on?

LightRey
11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
the whole purpose of Ac1 was to establish the rules of this universe... the rules are that only a person with the required genetic memory can relive an ancestors life, Ac2 held to this rule (and all others) however, by the time Ac:B and project and project legacy came around... they made this rule pointless, and began smashing at least one universal defining rule per title

the satellite is another big retcon... the big ticking time bomb for 4 games... the expected 2012 climax story, built up across 4 games... explained away with one cut scene and an email

The whole ending of brotherhood, and junos final messages before killing lucy... swept under the rug, (they hoped we would forget about them, seems YOU did) as well as S16's message to desmond, completely ignored and unfulfilled

one of the main pillars of revelation... Altairs apple of eden he hid, NOT EVEN MENTIONED

the fact that the modern assassins had no way of seeing what desmond was seeing in the animus during its safe mode in revelations... however all 3 of them somehow mention witnessing events from that story as first hand (such as william saying "we all saw what happened next" referencing jupiters message)

shall i go on?
You really don't know what a retcon is do you?

InfectedNation
11-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Actually the ending to Brotherhood makes a LOT more sense after completing ACIII.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Actually the ending to Brotherhood makes a LOT more sense after completing ACIII.
It does except for the "Only she​ remains to be found." part.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
It does except for the "Only she​ remains to be found." part.

Was this the same conversation where Juno told Desmond that "there Is only one who will accompany you through the gate"? Well, we've already been accompanied through the gate, and that was by Juno. So maybe when Juno was referring to "she", and being "found", she was actually talking about herself? I dunno', wild guess.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Was this the same conversation where Juno told Desmond that "there Is only one who will accompany you through the gate"? Well, we've already been accompanied through the gate, and that was by Juno. So maybe when Juno was referring to "she", and being "found", she was actually talking about herself? I dunno', wild guess.
What gate did she accompany him through?

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
What gate did she accompany him through?

The gate In the temple that we used the power cells to get through. Every time we replaced a power cell, we got a cut scene with Juno.

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
naw... it speaks to me that they were developing another modern character, this character "modern eve" is also referenced by S16 and once again by the prophecy disc at the end of Ac:Liberation (which builds on the ending of AC3 in a clever way) so they probably have yet to introduce this character

it seems they had a clear future for this story and desmonds destiny that was hinted at in all 4 games, but come ac 3 they decided to deliver something else... even if its only going against cryptic clues about the future of the series left by crazy characters, its a retcon/sharkjump none-the-less to end Desmond's story without making good on those teases

its like LOST all over again, yeesh

LightRey
11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
The gate In the temple that we used the power cells to get through. Every time we replaced a power cell, we got a cut scene with Juno.
Wouldn't really see that as accompanying, but I see your point.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-26-2012, 03:58 AM
I for one am very glad stuff like Memory Seals, Shroud of Eden, extracting/hacking memories got introduced. It was great to follow Altair's life from young to super old age. Genetic memory rule only restricted the storytelling. And pushes our suspension of disbelief. "Ohh, Desmond just so happens to have so many ultimate Assassins in his lineage". Kind of made him Gary-Stu-ish.

So yep, more Seals, Shrouds, memory extraction and all excuses necessary to tell whatever story about whatever character they want to.

Iamsosobad
11-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Hacked memories, William Miles, or a different descendant. Also, it'd be kinda weird but I guess it's possible to have an AC game that's not in an animus, just tells the story of the ancestor without any modern day parts. It'd just be hard to explain the database and the UI.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-26-2012, 05:02 AM
Hacked memories, William Miles, or a different descendant. Also, it'd be kinda weird but I guess it's possible to have an AC game that's not in an animus, just tells the story of the ancestor without any modern day parts. It'd just be hard to explain the database and the UI.Do we even need an explanation for menus and database? I mean, it's just the menus

Iamsosobad
11-26-2012, 05:12 AM
I wouldn't care, but it'd be an easy target for those who pick nit

Dangerzone50
11-27-2012, 07:57 AM
meh, AC:liberation has a database and it was made by abstergo... makes sense that they would copy the assassins and include another way to include misinformation in their "game"