PDA

View Full Version : cost is unrealistic

Riquez
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I know this probably isnt important to most people, but I laughed when I saw that first purchase - a sword cost 700 & flintlock pistol cost 2000 at the start of the game.
Are you kidding me!!, they cost that NOW as rare antiques.

In colonial times a premium gun would have been 2 or 3 pounds. The cost of items is so wildly unrealistic its bizarre.

I remember visiting the first gambling table in game - minimum bet 10 - LOL, thats a decent bet in todays money! Probably a years wage for a semi-rich guy back then.

Why couldn't they get this more realistic?

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
The price doesn't represent the actual price in pounds for Connor. As Rebecca explains at the start of the game they deliberately simplified the currency system because it was way too complicated in those days.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Wow just wow.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 05:59 PM
The price doesn't represent the actual price in pounds for Connor. As Rebecca explains at the start of the game they deliberately simplified the currency system because it was way too complicated in those days.

This. There wasn't even a universal currency back then, but if you were running around with 7 different forms of money, it'd be a tad annoying wouldn't it?

Sometimes, fun and convenience come above realism.

Riquez
11-26-2012, 12:00 AM
This. There wasn't even a universal currency back then, but if you were running around with 7 different forms of money, it'd be a tad annoying wouldn't it?

Sometimes, fun and convenience come above realism.

Yeah, I do agree. I am not complaining about this in the game, I understand that some concessions are made to help things flow along.
I am just wondering why it wasnt made more realistic.

A gun costing 20 or even 50 would have been more realistic than 2000.
When you play a game like this you get quite absorbed in the atmosphere & it pulls you back to reality when you see something that is so highly priced.

Perhaps because I am English I notice it more - if they had used $ & your first sword cost $1400 it might stand out to you more.