PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Ubisoft: You've lost a customer.

DekuTree180
11-25-2012, 10:34 AM
I've never been so disappointed in games where I've felt I need to complain on forums. Never. But with Assassin's Creed III and it's PS Vita counterpart, AC3: Liberation, there is no excuse.

Let me start by saying that I bought the special edition of AC3, its season pass, and AC3:L all on launch day. I really love this series; it's one of my favorites, and I've been gaming for a very long time. I have no problems with the games themselves, but the amount of testing that they've gone through was inadequate and has caused enough frustration to stop me from ever buying a Ubisoft title again.

I've had both games encounter game-stopping save file corruption, both of which happened while I was in the middle of the game. For AC3, I could not complete any further story missions no matter what I tried. I was 14 hours in, with a lot of the side-questing completed. I had to restart the entire game (because a patch was not available at the time) and had to research what else game-breaking corruption could happen. Luckily, I didn't encounter any further corruption and was able to finish the game. I thought to myself "Well, it wasn't so bad to replay the first half of the game." But then, as I'm playing AC3:L, the same thing happened. Except this time, I cannot even load my save file.

To have this happen twice is unacceptable. I know that game development and testing are extremely complex, but these easily reproducible glitches must have been caught before the game went gold. AC3:L save file corruption is so common that many people have to start the game 3 times before the can finish it. 3 times. How can you sell a game that won't even let you complete it? This is ridiculous!

But even this is not enough to stop me from buying Ubisoft games. No, what really irritates me is the response to these game-breaking bugs. The only responses given were "We will continue to look into these issues," with no promise of a fix (or even if a future patch would solve the issue). For AC3:L, which has been out for nearly a month, only now has a patch been announced "soon". "Soon"? Thanks for the reassurance, guys.

I realize that a patch for AC3 was released that fixes a lot of the bugs. Where was the patch when I needed it? The patch was not released until after I had restarted and finished the game. You owe it to your fans to release smaller, "hot-fix" type patches so your paying customers can play the games they bought. I spent money on your products, you as a company should be able to spend the extra money to release smaller, more frequent patches. Promises of fixes "soon" and non-answers do not help.

So, for now, I will not buy any more Ubisoft games. Why would I? I'd fear that 10 hours in that the game would bug-out and corrupt my save file. I spend a lot of my free time gaming, but I don't have enough free-time to replay the same game over and over, hoping that this time, my save file doesn't break itself. I've never had this happen with any other game, and yet, I've had it happen with both of these titles.

Other forum users, I hope that you do not defend this practice of shipping games which are obviously broken. No game should ship with game-breaking bugs, and it is unfair to us that this happens. I know that bugs happen, but these game-breaking type found in AC3 and AC3:L are easily reproducible and, I believe, were simply not fixed to ensure the game would be available by October 30th.

You can all troll me if you want, defend Ubisoft, and proclaim that I'm "doing it wrong." I'm not dumb enough to believe that Ubisoft would care about losing just one customer. But please, consider this: isn't it unfair that companies are allowed to ship broken games simply because they can promise "eventual" patches to fix issues? Why can't we have a game that works right away on launch day? It is not too much to ask that the game not destroy my progress that I've spent a large portion of my free time on.

I'm off.

TheHumanTowel
11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS/page111
No need to clutter up the forum with yet another of these threads because you are certainly nowhere near the first. Please use the correct thread.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Wow these forums are becoming doom and gloom ! ,

Plenty of these threads there is no need to start a new one .

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Need.. to get some fresh air!

Sackprince
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
lame

Paribissee
11-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I bet UBi will survive without you and they probably have gained more customers (me including) than lost with this game.

GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK THEN:rolleyes:

WolfeUK
11-25-2012, 01:42 PM
i have to agree with the OP, and as a costumer he has every right to complain as well as start a new post to do it, all these ppl who 'complain' about ppl complaining, how are you any different ?
as ive said before if no one complained these problems would never be addressed or fixed, and to put all complaints into 1 post would not work or be satisfying, how many ppl actually read every reply in a post when its 20 pages long ?

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Need.. to get some fresh air!

A respirator is needed on here with the amount of wingers !!

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 02:14 PM
i have to agree with the OP, and as a costumer he has every right to complain as well as start a new post to do it, all these ppl who 'complain' about ppl complaining, how are you any different ?

he has every right to complain... in the right space provided to complain. Making 200 threads about the same thing isn't helping anyone.

WolfeUK
11-25-2012, 02:20 PM
he has every right to complain... in the right space provided to complain. Making 200 threads about the same thing isn't helping anyone.

who said he made 200 posts ?

granted there is a right place for it, but like i said the OP should be allowed to make his own post on the issue

i dont see anyone asking for all positive posts to be in 1 post

if its a negative post you DONT have to read it ;)

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Well a few days back almost all the threads on the top page were negative complaint threads. Ask others they'll tell you. "Im pissed I broke ma controller". "this game suxxxx", "this game made my wife divorce me" that kinda threads. Clogging up the first page. Not much choice in what you wanna read then eh?

WolfeUK
11-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Well a few days back almost all the threads on the top page were negative complaint threads. Ask others they'll tell you. "Im pissed I broke ma controller". "this game suxxxx", "this game made my wife divorce me" that kinda threads. Clogging up the first page. Not much choice in what you wanna read then eh?

guess im lucky i missed that then lol,

but i wouldnt complain about them, if something is broke or doenst work like it should ppl need to vent off, and the forums are the place to do it, there millions of games with millions of forums and i bet 100% have complaints in them,

in other words you will never stop it, it used to bother me, specially if i really loved that game, but now ive lernt to let it be cause no matter how hard you try you wont win against someone whos pissed off or angry...

Jay_2750
11-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Look, this community doesn't care about your whining.

WolfeUK
11-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Look, this community doesn't care about your whining.

so why reply then ?

and looks like your comment is whining ;)

my point exactly !!

Jay_2750
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm not whining though, I am just stating the fact that this thread is unnecessary and the community could do with less of these "UBISOFT! BLAH BLAH!" threads.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 03:41 PM
who said he made 200 posts ?

granted there is a right place for it, but like i said the OP should be allowed to make his own post on the issue

i dont see anyone asking for all positive posts to be in 1 post

if its a negative post you DONT have to read it ;)

No but the positive posts are about different aspects of the game , the negative posts seem to be rambling on about the same thing which is starting to get very boring !

Before i post a new thread i always take the time to see if it is currently being discussed which is what we should be doing , to suggest dont read if we dont like it then we
might as well not use these forums at all as the majority on here are negative and slating ubi, so i would say its the negative people that dont like our opinions especialy when people are
signing up just to have a winge !! i dont like call of duty but i have not gone to the extent were i felt it was Neccesary to sign up to the forums and waste my time by slating treyarch and posting opinions that are already being discussed because i dont feel the need to, i am sticking to AC because i am fan

Now before people start getting on their high horses everyone is entitled to an opinion but atleast input into a thread thats being discussed rather than flooding the forums with useless information.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Man like Ubi even cares that they lost you as a customer. Let alone I guess its nice to say that you wont buy another Ubi game but we all know you will. Listen this game isnt as bad as all you crying little girls wanna make it seem. This is pathetic that all people have to do is get on here and keep making threads about how butt hurt they are about this game. I mean come on now are you really going to act like that about a game that in all honesty yes has its glitches and defects but is still a very well put together game with the graphics sounds and the story line. I mean look past all of the little BS and just be happy you have the ability to play games like this. Show some respect man. YOURE PATHETIC.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Man like Ubi even cares that they lost you as a customer. Let alone I guess its nice to say that you wont buy another Ubi game but we all know you will. Listen this game isnt as bad as all you crying little girls wanna make it seem. This is pathetic that all people have to do is get on here and keep making threads about how butt hurt they are about this game. I mean come on now are you really going to act like that about a game that in all honesty yes has its glitches and defects but is still a very well put together game with the graphics sounds and the story line. I mean look past all of the little BS and just be happy you have the ability to play games like this. Show some respect man. YOURE PATHETIC.

Bravo Cookie you hit the Nail right on the head , the community is about us discussing AC games in a constructive manor rather than the usual abusive rant !!

I love Assassins Creed 3 and as i said in a previous post if you dont like the game dont keep coming back slating it like our old friend Legends777.

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I've played games with far worse (game breaking even) glitches than AC3....and dropped $60 on games that have turned out to be less than stellar even after devs made the game sound like it had gone through major improvements. At least Ubisoft is trying to fix it unlike a certain other publisher/dev that has literally flipped off the PS3 consumers.

Seriously, shut up.

DekuTree180
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Bravo Cookie you hit the Nail right on the head , the community is about us discussing AC games in a constructive manor rather than the usual abusive rant !!

I love Assassins Creed 3 and as i said in a previous post if you dont like the game dont keep coming back slating it like our old friend Legends777.

I can't believe how many of you are defending Ubisoft on this. You are more worried about your "community" than with the quality of the titles.
I have a question: Did you encounter these glitches? Yes or no? If not, how would you feel if all of your progress was destroyed in the middle of the game? BOTH games?

I am whining. You know why? Because this shouldn't happen. And you shouldn't be defending the practice of releasing games with game-breaking glitches.