PDA

View Full Version : The Gun and It's Bonuses

Zebroneath
11-25-2012, 01:04 AM
I am not one for complaining, but the gun has too many bonuses going for it in AC3. The pistol bonus, in my opinion, should not exist for the reason that achieving the variety bonuses would be extremely easy, that it should only be worth a Base Kill. Seeing how the Execution bonus was not removed, there is nothing that can be done for that. What really wanted me to start this thread was when someone used a gun and got an Ambush bonus......which to me does not make any sense. These bonuses encourage people to use the gun more often in different game modes, whereas in previous games it was a deterrent so promote stealth/methods that are more worth while.

This is not an argument against playstyle, and I believe the gun has its uses, but this promotion of (or three) bonuses is too much (for me).

Lyleator
11-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Honestly, if you're getting ambushed by a player with a gun it's your own fault since you must be in such incredibly high profile that your pursuer can lock you, aim the gun and shoot you all within a few short seconds of coming into your line of sight.

cruzateu
11-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Honestly, if you're getting ambushed by a player with a gun it's your own fault since you must be in such incredibly high profile that your pursuer can lock you, aim the gun and shoot you all within a few short seconds of coming into your line of sight.
Maybe quick scope

DroppedClock56
11-25-2012, 05:37 AM

Wrong, for example what if you are in mid kill or stun and some dude just decides to shoot u to get 600 points

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-25-2012, 05:55 AM

Or you preform one of the many actions that consider you to be in high profile...like stunning. gun is op and doesnt deserve those bonuses escpecially since it can be quick scoped. There is no direct counter to it because it can be fired before any notification or sound. In the hands of a good player its a free 100 to 1000pt kill. And dont go talking about its balanced because its not. Its a good ability but its never used the way its supposed to be used so if anything it should be nerfed. And not nerfed by taking away the bonuses because its apart of the game but more along the mechanic side because gun can be quick scoped incredibly fast.

Tatterz
11-25-2012, 06:01 AM
The few bonuses are the only reason why its good. Knife is much more versatile.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Its good because its the counter to people who like to haul arse or point starve in manhunt. otherwise its an easy button for people who dont want to get their hands dirty or troll. but yes knives are beast

Dirtyhonkie
11-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I love the gun just because it sounds so dramatic and its such a cheesy way to kill lol. People get so mad when they get shot lol. And I shoot a its every 60 sec and get my free kill :-)

My favorite way to use it is in manhunt when the rest of my team is stun locked by other team with multiple guys that have smoke bomb armed, just sit down the street and blast the first guy with it and then go on in to end their stun lock party :-)

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Increase cooldown, and decrease accuracy= Problem solved?

WiNGSPANTT
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
If there was no gun, people would be on the rooftops 24/7. In addition, it isn't even that strong. At most the gun kill is worth 200 points before streaks and things like revenge. By comparison, a base normal kill could be worth 3x that.

Face it, you are annoyed with the Pistol, but it isn't actually overpowered in any way. Stay in low profile and you won't get shot. If you're still getting shot, use Animus Shield.

Red_SPiTFirE
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Is this more of a problem with a gun or more of a problem with Ambush? I mean when I get ambush its a lucky shot at the best of times, I find you're more likely to drop points in trying to deliberately get an ambush bonus by way of dropping in approach meter or simple time wasting.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 05:23 AM
If there was no gun, people would be on the rooftops 24/7. In addition, it isn't even that strong. At most the gun kill is worth 200 points before streaks and things like revenge. By comparison, a base normal kill could be worth 3x that.

Face it, you are annoyed with the Pistol, but it isn't actually overpowered in any way. Stay in low profile and you won't get shot. If you're still getting shot, use Animus Shield.

It doesnt matter what profile you're in. Gun is OP by its quick scope, point stack, and impossible range. You dont have to be high profile for me to pick you out of a blend group and shoot you for 1k. You continuously defending the gun has dumb founded me because theres no way that it isnt OP in the hands of a player who knows what hes doing, ie knows how to quickscope and pick a player out of a blend group.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-27-2012, 05:38 AM
It doesnt matter what profile you're in. Gun is OP by its quick scope, point stack, and impossible range. You dont have to be high profile for me to pick you out of a blend group and shoot you for 1k. You continuously defending the gun has dumb founded me because theres no way that it isnt OP in the hands of a player who knows what hes doing, ie knows how to quickscope and pick a player out of a blend group.

Yea i totally fell victim to this today, i would hear the gun click turn a corner and still get shot in under a second. If the gun timer was about as long as dart it would be much better balanced.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 05:48 AM
curve the bullet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGZQi3ODB-U&feature=player_detailpage#t=16s

ClownDemon
11-27-2012, 05:50 AM

Agreed. The gun is used primarily to kill obnoxious targets that sprint throughout the map.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Agreed. The gun is used primarily to kill obnoxious targets that sprint throughout the map.

Let me correct you "supposed to be used" Alot if not almost all the people who use gun dont use it for its primary purpose. Players use gun for more of an "easy button" than anything else. Its a simple way to stay in a blend group and shoot the person youre after within the blend group from watching them do even the slightest action. So stealth, obnoxious, or whatever you have it do no change that gun asa n ability is op. it should be nerfed in a way to stop the obnoxious roofing a-holes and still be a profitable kill.

Dracosaber
11-27-2012, 06:33 AM
I have never had a problem with guns used against me. I personally prefer the Knives, and in no way see the gun as OP. If it was, most people would be using it, but that is not the case as far as I can tell. At least not at my rank, perhaps in more noobish lobbies. Still, I don't think the gun is OP at all. Also, people won't be getting 1000 points using the gun except with variety bonuses, and since you can get those in many different ways, that is not that big of a deal. Again, I beat people all the time who use guns, and know how to use them well, they don't bother me. Yeah, it's frustrating to get shot, but it is what it is. As it is now, it is a good roofer deterrent, and I like that a lot. Knives can only do so much.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 06:57 AM
I have never had a problem with guns used against me. I personally prefer the Knives, and in no way see the gun as OP. If it was, most people would be using it, but that is not the case as far as I can tell. At least not at my rank, perhaps in more noobish lobbies. Still, I don't think the gun is OP at all. Also, people won't be getting 1000 points using the gun except with variety bonuses, and since you can get those in many different ways, that is not that big of a deal. Again, I beat people all the time who use guns, and know how to use them well, they don't bother me. Yeah, it's frustrating to get shot, but it is what it is. As it is now, it is a good roofer deterrent, and I like that a lot. Knives can only do so much.

Like you said you havent faced people with gun. Gun used by a good player is horrid. And how is 1000pt gun kill not a big deal? its supposed to be a base kill because there is no work required to obtain the kill. Its supposed to be the equivalent to a chase kill. Even p-dart gets less points than gun. And idgaf who you win against it doesnt change the fact that someone with gun can mess you up badly to a point where someone who shoulnt be giving you a problem is being a pain in the arse ina match. Also youre right, im using gun shield and smoke because its op and ill play like a ******bag until people realize how f'd up it is.

Godforbid12
11-27-2012, 08:34 AM
The gun is fine as it is, if it nets them the streak + Execution + Pistol bonus all in one go thats your own fault for running and streak is everyone's fault since that guy went running around without anyone doing anything.

Sure it may seem annoying but face it if it wasn't there we would have roofers 24/7 if you get killed you get killed nothing you can do about it. When you hear the lock on sound don't run let them kill you don't give them that execution bonus, if its a streak kill 650 points(550+) then nothing you can do about it, guy got his points and is moving on.

Lets face it you'll have idiots that will use it when people are on the ground simply cause its eaiser to kill people with and your right it is easy but 100 points in DM isn't going to cut it, however if they are using it to get that last kill needed for hack or streak they will use it. Then you have people using it the proper way to get people off the roof since they are running around like idiots. You can counter it all you want people will continue to use pistol whether some people agree with you or not.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 08:52 AM
I dont care if people use it...i care if there is not one counter for an ability if its quick scoped. thats what needs to be fixed. if anything. no more quick scoping.we already have one "lock-insta-kill" thing in this game and thats animus hack

Crumplecorn
11-27-2012, 09:18 AM
If there was no gun, people would be on the rooftops 24/7. In addition, it isn't even that strong. At most the gun kill is worth 200 points before streaks and things like revenge. By comparison, a base normal kill could be worth 3x that.No-one uses the gun to shoot at targets on the roof, and its an easy predictable way to get the last bonus or two for EV. I don't know that its 'overpowered', but the fact that I regularly use it in DM to get 800 point kills suggests to me that something may be a little wrong with it.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
No-one uses the gun to shoot at targets on the roof, and its an easy predictable way to get the last bonus or two for EV. I don't know that its 'overpowered', but the fact that I regularly use it in DM to get 800 point kills suggests to me that something may be a little wrong with it.

Thhaaaank you...seriously you have to be blind to not see something being a tad off about that =/

WiNGSPANTT
11-27-2012, 08:09 PM
It is baffling to me that everyone has latched onto this "1k gun kill" as if it's the average, median, or typical gun kill. I literally see it raised as a point of contention in every gun argument, even though it's completely specious and disingenuous. Let me give you a little comparison:

UBISOFT COMMUNITY PISTOL PERCEPTION

100-200 points: 10% of kills
201-999 points: 20% of kills
1000 points: 70% of kills
1001+ points: 0% of kills

MORE LIKELY PISTOL KILL DISTRIBUTION

100-200 points: 80% of kills
201-999 points: 15% of kills
1000 points: 4% of kills
1001+ points: 1% of kills

The reality of the situation is that you got gunned for 1,000 points once, maybe twice per 30 gun kills, and you view this as proof that the gun is "OP". Meanwhile, nobody complains about Score x2, even though it can produce 2k+ kills.

Face it: you don't actually believe the gun is overpowered, you just think it is annoying. You cannot honestly tell us that you believe the gun is winning matches left and right and that it is an unstoppable menace with no counters. You just don't like it and you don't like having to try to counter it.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-27-2012, 08:19 PM
It is baffling to me that everyone has latched onto this "1k gun kill" as if it's the average, median, or typical gun kill. I literally see it raised as a point of contention in every gun argument, even though it's completely specious and disingenuous. Let me give you a little comparison:

UBISOFT COMMUNITY PISTOL PERCEPTION

100-200 points: 10% of kills
201-999 points: 20% of kills
1000 points: 70% of kills
1001+ points: 0% of kills
MORE LIKELY PISTOL KILL DISTRIBUTION

100-200 points: 80% of kills
201-999 points: 15% of kills
1000 points: 4% of kills
1001+ points: 1% of kills
The reality of the situation is that you got gunned for 1,000 points once, maybe twice per 30 gun kills, and you view this as proof that the gun is "OP". Meanwhile, nobody complains about Score x2, even though it can produce 2k+ kills.

Face it: you don't actually believe the gun is overpowered, you just think it is annoying. You cannot honestly tell us that you believe the gun is winning matches left and right and that it is an unstoppable menace with no counters. You just don't like it and you don't like having to try to counter it.

Maybe but generally when a player is closer to their streak bonus they "usually" have a greater number or pursuers making it more difficult to kill their target and hit their streak if they were to try and run and chase them down, instead they can save their gun to line up everytime they are about to streak and get that streak with much less effort and hit it way more often than if they didn't have the gun as an option to hit their streaks. For instance if i were to use 5 kill 250 i can get two stuns, two kills and then gun faster than anyone is going to be able to kill me if i had to kill that last target by any other method because by the time i need that 5th kill ill have at least 2 if not more pursuers.

Also don't forget you can change your ability sets on the fly, so if i use smoke, knives, and something else to help get quick easy kill/stun i can set up my gun by switching to it on the fly and then bam streak.

Remove gun kills from counting towards streak and make only execution count toward EV and you will achieve a better balance with the game.

Archybad
11-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I like you. You understand things.

borderline82
11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I like you. You understand things.

Ditto.
If I want a variety bonus, I'll use the gun. If I see some idiot on the roof the whole match or running everywhere, I'll use the gun and 90% of the time, it's a 100-300 point kill.

Crumplecorn
11-27-2012, 08:49 PM

Face it: you don't actually believe the gun is overpowered, you just think it is annoying. You cannot honestly tell us that you believe the gun is winning matches left and right and that it is an unstoppable menace with no counters. You just don't like it and you don't like having to try to counter it.You compare score x2, which requires 5 contract losses, avoiding your pursuers without stunning them, and setting up a good quality kill in order to make any real use of it, to an ability which can net you around 1000 points for simply activating it at the right time. And then call other peoples' arguments specious and disingenuous.

I'm not even going to comment on you telling people that they actually agree with you and that they just won't admit it. Or the implication that something is only overpowered if it's 'winning matches left and right'.

n00bfi_97
11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
You compare score x2, which requires 5 contract losses, avoiding your pursuers without stunning them, and setting up a good quality kill in order to make any real use of it, to an ability which can net you around 1000 points for simply activating it at the right time. And then call other peoples' arguments specious and disingenuous.

I'm not even going to comment on you telling people that they actually agree with you and that they just won't admit it. Or the implication that something is only overpowered if it's 'winning matches left and right'.

Approved.

papartusedmcrsk
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Wait a second...

A 100 point kill with the gun counts toward variety??

I believe I am going to unlock it next time I play. Ended two matches yesterday with 14/15 in the variety counter. :/

Demon.King.
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
I have a friend who is new to the game. The first comment he told me on the MP today is that in every match he plays he's constantly getting killed by hidden gun because a lot of players use it.

The real problem with the gun, as was said before, is how quick it is to aim. Shield is nearly pointless against it since due to lag you will die anyway most of the time. Trying to go quickly behind obstacles fails too due to how fast it is aimed + lag. Most other strategies fail due to that reason...

I used to use the gun in ACR a lot till I reached prestige 10. Then I realized how OP it was and just threw it away. It's way too easy to get a gun kill, the number of gun kills I got trough roofs, gates and walls is massive...Also, I got 600+ point kills quite often...

SeeknDestroy1318
11-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Wait a second...

A 100 point kill with the gun counts toward variety??

I believe I am going to unlock it next time I play. Ended two matches yesterday with 14/15 in the variety counter. :/

Actually you can get 3 bonuses, pistol kill, mid-air, execution(kill them while high profile running) they are 100 pts each. so yea nice way to start of the round is find your target quick and quickscope them and get first blood, pistol kill, (hopefully you get execution or mid-air with it) now you got 3/5 for variety and 250pts to start and the use of your main two abilities and 1 kill toward any non-silent streak and if your smart you'll change to a set with poison dart or knives and be ready to unleash them for another kill or stun. Boom variety and now you're off to the races. Yea totally not OP.

WiNGSPANTT
11-27-2012, 11:05 PM
You compare score x2, which requires 5 contract losses, avoiding your pursuers without stunning them, and setting up a good quality kill in order to make any real use of it, to an ability which can net you around 1000 points for simply activating it at the right time. And then call other peoples' arguments specious and disingenuous.

I like how you chose 10 words in my offhanded summary to pick apart because you can't refute the rest of it. All this complaining about mega-score Pistol kills is nonsense and is highly steeped in cognitive bias. People just remember the 1k gunshots more because they're more butthurt about them. At least Seekndestroy answered with some thought, instead of with a haughty, hollow reply.

I never said people agreed with me. I said that it's not true the gun is overpowered. People are using the word OP/overpowered incorrectly, when it seems (based on their arguments) they mean "cheap" or "lame" or "annoying." The term OP keeps getting thrown around, and yet few people have actually posted situations where the "OP" gun won games.

You also implied that something can be OP without winning matches. Really? Could you please define overpowered then, if it's not defined as something like "a game element with significantly more power than other game elements"?

DeanOMiite
11-27-2012, 11:12 PM
The gun does have a lot of advantages to it vis-a-vis variety bonuses. I started using it as a way to manage roofers in Wanted (which works beautifully by the way) and I'm already WELL passed the max level of extreme variety bonuses (which you complete by getting SEVENTY FIVE different bonuses)...I managed to get extreme variety in seven or eight straight games once, it was ridiculous, and the gun helps you get that SO much. You can EASILY get 3 unique bonuses with the gun: pistol, execution, mid-air. This helps sooooooooo much with EV it's not even funny. I don't have a problem with it but it does cheapen it a little bit.

DeanOMiite
11-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Actually you can get 3 bonuses, pistol kill, mid-air, execution(kill them while high profile running) they are 100 pts each. so yea nice way to start of the round is find your target quick and quickscope them and get first blood, pistol kill, (hopefully you get execution or mid-air with it) now you got 3/5 for variety and 250pts to start and the use of your main two abilities and 1 kill toward any non-silent streak and if your smart you'll change to a set with poison dart or knives and be ready to unleash them for another kill or stun. Boom variety and now you're off to the races. Yea totally not OP.

You basically just completely outlined my strategy for wanted haha. I am a very stealthy player but I will definitely sprint right at my first target so I can get that first blood bonus. It makes all the difference if I get all the way up to extreme variety.

Eldest219
11-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Well, I know what I'm going to be doing for the first blood bonus from now on, shoot.

Hah, punny.

Zebroneath
11-27-2012, 11:54 PM
I guess if anything should be done to the gun (as getting rid of bonuses would break the game), is making the aim time as long as Poison Dart. It would give players a reasonable enough time to use Animus Shield and it would also make it somewhat more unreliable if a player would use it consistently on his main class.

Also, I lashed out in the first place because I was shot multiple times in one game of Assassinate, where it was a full prestige lobby and everyone had Smoke Bombs and Pistols. I had a class with Animus Shield to use to prepare for this, but was unprepared for the amount of smoke bomb/pistol madness that was about to occur. During that situation, I personally wished the shield had a faster recharge.

I still standby the fact that, in the long run, that knives should have a greater incentive of use than the gun. In the long run, I believe it would net you more points, whether it be for stunning, making sure you kill is uncontested, or faking out a player into using smoke bomb.

Serrachio
11-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Gun gives 3 variety bonuses, Poison gives 1. (Gun 1, Poison 0)

Poison gives 200-300 points, Gun gives 100. (Gun 1, Poison 1)

Poison requires you to get close to your target (Poison Dart has a range limit too). Gun can be used from across the map, can be tapped and prove lethal, and doesn't take that long to fully aim. (Gun 4, Poison 1)

Yeah, gun is soooooo balanced.

Crumplecorn
11-28-2012, 12:07 AM
I like how you chose 10 words in my offhanded summary to pick apart because you can't refute the rest of it. All this complaining about mega-score Pistol kills is nonsense and is highly steeped in cognitive bias. People just remember the 1k gunshots more because they're more butthurt about them. At least Seekndestroy answered with some thought, instead of with a haughty, hollow reply.I responded to the entire post except for your fabulously overblown way of saying "people talk like every kill is a 1k kill". I didn't try to refute that point because simply because I agree that most gunshots are crappy kills (since, in any given lobby, I'm usually the guy who uses it to get 1k).

I never said people agreed with me. I said that it's not true the gun is overpowered."Face it: you don't actually believe the gun is overpowered, you just think it is annoying"

You also implied that something can be OP without winning matches. Really? Could you please define overpowered then, if it's not defined as something like "a game element with significantly more power than other game elements"?Game elements with significantly more power than other game elements do not necesarily win you games. They just make it easier. Roof running was OP in ACB, yet most roof runners performed terribly.

utriej
11-28-2012, 12:09 AM
No-one uses the gun to shoot at targets on the roof, and its an easy predictable way to get the last bonus or two for EV. I don't know that its 'overpowered', but the fact that I regularly use it in DM to get 800 point kills suggests to me that something may be a little wrong with it.

I'd agree with this too. I usually start DM with poison, smoke, gun for stun, poison, gun kill +/- execution. If I start the match with those 3 scores, I switch sets and pretty much guarantee my EV for the match. I use the gun for roofers if I see them, but honestly the way the buildings and maps are along with the ranged weapon slot now it's just not a huge issue compared to ACB and ACR. Really I only use it for EV and streak bonuses. In almost every mode you can do more with knives if used well.
Makes me wonder if knives in Assassinate would net more points than gun kills on far targets to pad streak bonuses.

utriej
11-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Just to add, I don't think Gun is overpowered, just annoying at times. Like heaing whispers in DM for 30 seconds only to be quickscoped from 3m away for 100 points from a dude in a blend group, lol. Even if you have Wipe or Animus Shield equipped and ready you almost never have time for it to work even with cat-like reflexes due to a quick-scope. It seems to me those abilities were put in the game to counter ranged weapons since people complained so much about gun not having a counter. The time is usually 1 second or less for gun, instant for knives, though easy to block p-dart (which IMHO is a worthless ability except when used for variety)
For the most part I just chalk this up to part of the game and deal with it and try to move on.

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 02:05 AM
I don't think the gun is overpowered. I think it is stupid that "pistol kill" counts towards variety, and I think the aiming time needs to be doubled, but other than that it's fine. If it were overpowered I would take it every time I was in a competitive match, but throwing knives stil reign supreme (If any ability is "OP", surely it's them? They are so usefull in so many ways...)

The 1 second aim time is definately too much. I think fully crafted the aim time should be 2 seconds. Other than that, I see no problem with it being used for streaks. If they took the time to kill you normally they would probably get an even greater score, but there is the risk of being contested or stunned so it's a logical way to secure your points. Personally I still prefer knives as I love having an ability that can get me a stun OR kill, and it recharges much faster.

As for the variety thing, I got an extreme variety in a game of Deathmatch today with a noob account using just the Default Set (the one with Knives, Disguise and Moneybomb (lol moneybomb) )
It really isn't that hard to get your varieties in this game, in fact I have only used gun in like 1 game of Artifact Assault and I get EV in many / most of my games when playing competitively. I definately will consider using it to grab the last varieties if I ever do find myself struggling, but that's not a sign of it being overpowered.

WHU Stay Fresh
11-28-2012, 02:33 AM
I hate the gun however I use it in manhunt, run I SHOOT!

FourTotal
11-28-2012, 02:37 AM
if you think the gun has it's benefits then i think the game of assassins creed with its hidden bladed game is on its last legs.

WiNGSPANTT
11-28-2012, 02:45 AM
if you think the gun has it's benefits then i think the game of assassins creed with its hidden bladed game is on its last legs.

Yeah, it wasn't the part where they gave you a brotherhood of killers, or an arsenal of bombs, or where they gave you naval combat. It was a single MP weapon that did it.

WiNGSPANTT
11-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Gun gives 3 variety bonuses, Poison gives 1. (Gun 1, Poison 0)

Poison gives 200-300 points, Gun gives 100. (Gun 1, Poison 1)

Poison requires you to get close to your target (Poison Dart has a range limit too). Gun can be used from across the map, can be tapped and prove lethal, and doesn't take that long to fully aim. (Gun 4, Poison 1)

Yeah, gun is soooooo balanced.

Pistol instantly identifies you. Poison keeps you Incognito.
Pistol cannot activate silent streaks, Poison can.
Pistol prompts the target with a warning. Poison does not.
Pistol can be canceled by several abilities, Poison is applied instantly (at melee range).

See how many things you decided to leave out?

FourTotal
11-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah, it wasn't the part where they gave you a brotherhood of killers, or an arsenal of bombs, or where they gave you naval combat. It was a single MP weapon that did it.

You have a point but at least in the MP portion they dont give you a brotherhood do they?

Wratts
11-28-2012, 04:35 AM
With how it's getting easier and easier to get Extreme Variety with every new ACMP game (thanks to Ambush, among various others point bonus types) the Hidden Gun is moving farther and farther into the territory of complete redundancy. Basically, Poison Dart outclasses it because it's one guaranteed point bonus type added in to your variety list, not having to rely on a target running or jumping around as would be the case for Mid-Air or Execution.

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 04:36 AM

So you have a problem with a historically accurate tool being used as it was in the era of the game, yet you are fine with being granted magical abilities such as being able to close all doors in a certain area, or teleport to another location?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-28-2012, 04:41 AM
So you have a problem with a historically accurate tool being used as it was in the era of the game, yet you are fine with being granted magical abilities such as being able to close all doors in a certain area, or teleport to another location?

Ugh first civilization tech is historically accurate just not the recorded history that you are aware of. Keep progressing soon the true truth shall be revealed to you templar.

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Ugh first civilization tech is historically accurate just not the recorded history that you are aware of. Keep progressing soon the true truth shall be revealed to you templar.

(I was not serious, I have no problem with teleporting and other such shennanigens, was just countering his argument. Although I can't comment on Closure since I don't believe I have ever used it)

WiNGSPANTT
11-28-2012, 05:18 AM
(I was not serious, I have no problem with teleporting and other such shennanigens, was just countering his argument. Although I can't comment on Closure since I don't believe I have ever used it)

Closure is so bad, but when you finally get someone with it, it is so worth it.

FourTotal
11-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Yeah. More thing.

Wingspan has 53 posts so he/she is really help are they not?

FFS i have been only here for three months according to you and even i have more than that.

Soon to be banned as well. Come on UBI ...give it to me.............. :)

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Okay seriously...how do you defend a weapon you cant counter? The points are w/e and are part of the game but not being able to shield it, smoke it, knife it...is a pain. Im not talking about your general noob who holds the focus down and has to re-aim constantly. No, im talking about the people who quick scope it. So why do you not see this as OP?

ThaFazz
11-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Just got shot for 800 points while standing perfectly still (pistol, ambush!!!, EV!!!!!!!!). Gun is OP.

Oh and if after I got shot, the camera has to go through 5 ****ing walls to show who shot me, I shouldn't have been shot.

DudeTD388
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
While I'm not sure where I stand on the whole "Gun is OP/Gun is balanced" in terms of points...I will say that the rewards for actually managing to COUNTER the gun just don't seem to be there. For example, I had two different scenarios so far this week with the gun where I (through skills,luck,timing or whatever you choose to believe) to counter the gun and was still killed by that same person a few seconds later.

One such example was where I managed to see the person about to shoot me and a managed to duck around a corner just as they shot and caused them to miss. Through my own stupidity I managed to run right into my target around that corner and get stunned...the same player that just missed ran around the corner no longer than 3 seconds after shoting me and kill me.

The other example was where I managed to have my animus shield ready when my target attempted to shoot me. I raised my shield and rushed my target as he shot me, I saw the shield deflect the bullet (where it disintegrates) and less than a second after they put the gun away they managed to get a contested kill.

In both of these scenarios I managed to foil a attempted kill (extremely hard with lag) and was still killed by the same person very shortly after. The gun should operate the same as when you lure someone, if they shoot the gun and don't kill you (for whatever reason) they should have the kill/stun button on cooldown. To use the same logic, if I drop a smokebomb to stop my pursuer and don't catch them in it...do I get to drop it again right after? No, I tried to use my ability and failed so I pay the price, the gun should be no exception.

On a side note, when it comes to me using the gun...there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, more satisfying than using the gun on someone trying to bait you (in any gamemode, but mostly in assasinate). Pulling a Indiana Jones and the ark of the covenant and shooting the dude doing their little dance NEVER gets old.

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Okay seriously...how do you defend a weapon you cant counter? The points are w/e and are part of the game but not being able to shield it, smoke it, knife it...is a pain. Im not talking about your general noob who holds the focus down and has to re-aim constantly. No, im talking about the people who quick scope it. So why do you not see this as OP?

One thing you can try is being stealthy. Failing that you can accept that your attacker used a low scoring kill and now has to wait 80 odd seconds before they can get another low scoring kill. I'm not denying that it is annoying / frustrating to be shot, especially if you have a shield ready and waiting but aren't given enough time to use it (Hence why I think the minimum aim time should be 2 seconds) but despite this it's not OP. It's effective in that it is a near guarenteed kill, and it has a long range + low risk. However what balances it out is the low scoring potential (yes you can streak and EV from it but compare an equivilent high quality melee kill and it's clearly different, EG Pistol Kill + Ambush + Excecution + Streak + Extreme Variety = 1250. Hidden + Incognito + Focus + Poison + Streak + Extreme Variety = 2250 ish)

(Sorry if my math is bad lol)

If they make everything as effective as moneybomb the game will get tedious and boring. The gun is undoubtedly effective but I would not say that it is overpowered, as EV is likely to occur anyway and so are streaks, meaning in general a gun kill will grant you 100 - 300 points. The long cooldown means in games like AA where stealth is less viable, you have much longer in between shots than knives, and if you are shot with the artifact it is dropped on the spot allowing a team mate to grab it. I guess if anything, the gun itself is not overpowered but the incredibly short aiming time is.

Just got shot for 800 points while standing perfectly still (pistol, ambush!!!, EV!!!!!!!!). Gun is OP.

Oh and if after I got shot, the camera has to go through 5 ****ing walls to show who shot me, I shouldn't have been shot.

That's a 200 point kill + Extreme Variety. The player could have got a 200 pt kill then next kill got a Reckless and got the EV (150 + 600 )

As for being shot through walls, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_(online_gaming)

While I'm not sure where I stand on the whole "Gun is OP/Gun is balanced" in terms of points...I will say that the rewards for actually managing to COUNTER the gun just don't seem to be there. For example, I had two different scenarios so far this week with the gun where I (through skills,luck,timing or whatever you choose to believe) to counter the gun and was still killed by that same person a few seconds later.

One such example was where I managed to see the person about to shoot me and a managed to duck around a corner just as they shot and caused them to miss. Through my own stupidity I managed to run right into my target around that corner and get stunned...the same player that just missed ran around the corner no longer than 3 seconds after shoting me and kill me.

The other example was where I managed to have my animus shield ready when my target attempted to shoot me. I raised my shield and rushed my target as he shot me, I saw the shield deflect the bullet (where it disintegrates) and less than a second after they put the gun away they managed to get a contested kill.

In both of these scenarios I managed to foil a attempted kill (extremely hard with lag) and was still killed by the same person very shortly after. The gun should operate the same as when you lure someone, if they shoot the gun and don't kill you (for whatever reason) they should have the kill/stun button on cooldown. To use the same logic, if I drop a smokebomb to stop my pursuer and don't catch them in it...do I get to drop it again right after? No, I tried to use my ability and failed so I pay the price, the gun should be no exception.

On a side note, when it comes to me using the gun...there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, more satisfying than using the gun on someone trying to bait you (in any gamemode, but mostly in assasinate). Pulling a Indiana Jones and the ark of the covenant and shooting the dude doing their little dance NEVER gets old.

Definately agree with this guy, there should be better rewards for avoiding being shot. Like maybe a few seconds after shooting during which they can't kill or stun.

Agreed with killling baiters too lol, though I have only played about 3 rounds of Assassinate thus far and have barely touched the gun, I used to enjoy doing this in AA in Revelations from time to time.

Closure is so bad, but when you finally get someone with it, it is so worth it.

I hadn't considered that, definately keen to try it now! I can imagine the sense of satisfaction being off the charts...

ThaFazz
11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
The point is gun should only have 1 possible bonus, not 4.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-28-2012, 07:38 AM
One thing you can try is being stealthy. Failing that you can accept that your attacker used a low scoring kill and now has to wait 80 odd seconds before they can get another low scoring kill. I'm not denying that it is annoying / frustrating to be shot, especially if you have a shield ready and waiting but aren't given enough time to use it (Hence why I think the minimum aim time should be 2 seconds) but despite this it's not OP. It's effective in that it is a near guarenteed kill, and it has a long range + low risk. However what balances it out is the low scoring potential (yes you can streak and EV from it but compare an equivilent high quality melee kill and it's clearly different, EG Pistol Kill + Ambush + Excecution + Streak + Extreme Variety = 1250. Hidden + Incognito + Focus + Poison + Streak + Extreme Variety = 2250 ish)

(Sorry if my math is bad lol)

If they make everything as effective as moneybomb the game will get tedious and boring. The gun is undoubtedly effective but I would not say that it is overpowered, as EV is likely to occur anyway and so are streaks, meaning in general a gun kill will grant you 100 - 300 points. The long cooldown means in games like AA where stealth is less viable, you have much longer in between shots than knives, and if you are shot with the artifact it is dropped on the spot allowing a team mate to grab it. I guess if anything, the gun itself is not overpowered but the incredibly short aiming time is.

That's a 200 point kill + Extreme Variety. The player could have got a 200 pt kill then next kill got a Reckless and got the EV (150 + 600 )

As for being shot through walls, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_(online_gaming)

Definately agree with this guy, there should be better rewards for avoiding being shot. Like maybe a few seconds after shooting during which they can't kill or stun.

Agreed with killling baiters too lol, though I have only played about 3 rounds of Assassinate thus far and have barely touched the gun, I used to enjoy doing this in AA in Revelations from time to time.

Gun isnt OP in the sense that it works perfectly fine and as it should. But it doesnt. You guys are defending the "idea" of how gun works and not how it actually is in game. It needs to have any of these changes: a longer focus time, shorter range, a lag fix so theres no more bullets going through walls, better notification timing, the old echo of the gun shot.

I never stated that gun should be gone or doesnt have its purposes. Yes almost nobody uses the gun for its true purpose. No you cant be stealthy against it....i can pick out any player in any blend group regardless of morph, disguise, decoy....etc. I will lock and shoot you because im an experienced player. Because of this there should be ample time to counter the gun but the game gives none especially if the gun is quick scoped.

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 07:39 AM
The point is gun should only have 1 possible bonus, not 4.

I can agree with this. I think the pistol bonus is stupid. I think the excecution bonus is good as it gives incentive for less runners / more incentive to shoot runners. Mid Air bonus is cool but if they were to keep 1 I would prefer excecution.

Poison Dart needs a buff too, if you can get 300 points from an ambush pistol excecution kill and you can only get 250 from a dart...

ThaFazz
11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Exicution is the worst of them all IMO. Why should I be punished for trying to run behind a wall to block the path of the bullet? Even though I know that won't work because the lag in this game is insane and I'll still end up shot..

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Gun isnt OP in the sense that it works perfectly fine and as it should. But it doesnt. You guys are defending the "idea" of how gun works and not how it actually is in game. It needs to have any of these changes: a longer focus time, shorter range, a lag fix so theres no more bullets going through walls, better notification timing, the old echo of the gun shot.

I never stated that gun should be gone or doesnt have its purposes. Yes almost nobody uses the gun for its true purpose. No you cant be stealthy against it....i can pick out any player in any blend group regardless of morph, disguise, decoy....etc. I will lock and shoot you because im an experienced player. Because of this there should be ample time to counter the gun but the game gives none especially if the gun is quick scoped.

It definately needs a longer focus time, I am not disputing that. The range is fine with me. The lag fix is part of the game, if they could fix it that would be great but if they shoot you before you run behind the wall and you get behind it a second later, of course it will seem that you are shot through walls, but it's been like this since Brotherhood and it isn't a game mechanic problem. The only possible fix would be to give the walls a barrier of some kind meaning shots have to be made further from the wall but I imagine that would be too much work for too small results.

Yes you can be stealthy, aside from blend groups there are obstacles and obstructions you can use to remain out of line of sight, and you can also choose blend groups which are harder to screen etc.

The only problem I have with the gun is the short aim time.

Exicution is the worst of them all IMO. Why should I be punished for trying to run behind a wall to block the path of the bullet? Even though I know that won't work because the lag in this game is insane and I'll still end up shot..

It's only 100 points but regardless, that is a fair point but if it gives players any incentive to be more stealthy I am not complaining. I love running around from time to time but it's good to know that there is higher punishment for doing so.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
but p-dart is how gun should be and gun should be what p-dart should be. Slow focus, short range = big reward. Quick focus, infinite range = low reward.....simple no? but ubisoft has it reversed. :|

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Agreed, though fast focus on poison might not go down so well with some. Though actually being poisoned gives you a chance to make more points before dying so... Hmm...

Shorter range on gun than dart won't make sense obviously, but the focus times being swapped definately does. How hard it is to throw or shoot a dart at the guy 6 meters in front of you? How hard is it to shoot a dude flying around the rooftoops on the next block using a pistol?

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I just hope they can mess with all these ranges and focuses and see where it takes us. No harm in trying a longer focus for gun or bonuses with p dart...etc

Free_Hidings
11-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Realistically unlikely to happen though... Would definately be cool if they did it. Or even if there was some kind of optional "beta" with some adjusted mechanics. I have no idea how all that programming stuff works or how much effort it takes though. Is there even going to be another patch? I think Revelations had 2

Murd3r Claws
11-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Animus Sheild no longer seems to work...I use it in AA and the last few matches this dude ran gun/animus hack...Id throw up my sheild which is crafted for charge and duration...immediately after throwing it on i heard it lock on and then got shot...wtf...maybe it was lag but idk bc sometimes it would work other times not...i just think he was hacking...bc when i play other laggy players i can blpck the shots fine...also AS doesnt block AH just saying

Evil 5teven
11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I love the gun. For teamplay it is great. Getting swarmed on Domination? Use a vantage point, wait for two players to reveal themselves, shoot one and get aerial on the other, voilá. Artifact assault? Just go on rooftops, stay in low profile and shoot the guy stealing your artifact in the back, done deal. Manhunt? Let other players get smoked, stay above it and shoot your target that is about to stun your teammate.
Deathmatch? Get a free, quick kill to increase your streak with kill buffer and enjoy your animus...hack.

Assassinate / Wanted? Be quick about, lock a target, shoot him and mingle in a crowd.

It's versatile, but mainly for defense minded players. Knifes are much more versatile and more useful if you are playing as an organized team.

Murd3r Claws
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I love the gun. For teamplay it is great. Getting swarmed on Domination? Use a vantage point, wait for two players to reveal themselves, shoot one and get aerial on the other, voilá. Artifact assault? Just go on rooftops, stay in low profile and shoot the guy stealing your artifact in the back, done deal. Manhunt? Let other players get smoked, stay above it and shoot your target that is about to stun your teammate.
Deathmatch? Get a free, quick kill to increase your streak with kill buffer and enjoy your animus...hack.

Assassinate / Wanted? Be quick about, lock a target, shoot him and mingle in a crowd.

It's versatile, but mainly for defense minded players. Knifes are much more versatile and more useful if you are playing as an organized team.

something about this post tells me you arent very good at this game.........but i cant tell what it is............hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Evil 5teven
11-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh...i dont give a **** about being called a newb because i use the gun. Or animus hack in deathmatch. Matter of fact, i don't play multiplayer the way it is intended. I enjoy my game, and well, yeah, i might no be top tier, but hey, I have fun :)

Sometimes, screw stealth, high profile ftw. Rushing in with 3 teammates to capture and smokebombing everything, or just stun-party up in Manhunt is way more fun than being all "just & fairplay".

Zebroneath
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
One quick thing that is not being mentioned by everyone......

Was it not said that the gun could be blocked by a random NPC like poison dart does?

Murd3r Claws
11-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Oh...i dont give a **** about being called a newb because i use the gun. Or animus hack in deathmatch. Matter of fact, i don't play multiplayer the way it is intended. I enjoy my game, and well, yeah, i might no be top tier, but hey, I have fun :)

Sometimes, screw stealth, high profile ftw. Rushing in with 3 teammates to capture and smokebombing everything, or just stun-party up in Manhunt is way more fun than being all "just & fairplay".

lol u know whats more fun? trolling noobs like you. destroying you and your efforts to win :D

Evil 5teven
11-28-2012, 01:10 PM

Was it not said that the gun could be blocked by a random NPC like poison dart does?

uuh, QFT.

That should definitely be implemented...it's only realistic :)

Murd3r Claws
11-28-2012, 01:11 PM

not true. I have tried it. i brought money bomb and found one of those swarming NPC crowds and threw it while my friend went to shoot me. he still got me. if you can quickscope the gun now then there is officially no defense to it...same as animus hack

Evil 5teven
11-28-2012, 01:12 PM
lol u know whats more fun? trolling noobs like you. destroying you and your efforts to win :D

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9t9OXnP01BU/TXV-si0s24I/AAAAAAAAA-Q/x73MuWvCZcw/troll.jpg

oh you! you happy troll!

SeeknDestroy1318
11-28-2012, 09:31 PM

I was being humorous.

WiNGSPANTT
11-28-2012, 10:37 PM
not true. I have tried it. i brought money bomb and found one of those swarming NPC crowds and threw it while my friend went to shoot me. he still got me. if you can quickscope the gun now then there is officially no defense to it...same as animus hack

Animus Hack counters:

Social stealth
Disruption
Wipe
Disguise/Glimmer
Morph
Obstacles/haybales
Not letting your opponents earn the hardest streaks in the game while they're down by 1 useful perk

SeeknDestroy1318
11-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey WING i sent you a PM if you get a chance to look at it.

Dirtyhonkie
11-30-2012, 04:57 AM
There's a reason the gun gained popularity IRL , to keep you outta danger and no BS in general. Just like Indiana Jones always just pulled his pistol when a swords man or whoever was bout to kill himlol. I never really get killed by a gun , I downloaded the game the day it came out , the hour it came out and I bet I haven't been killed by it 20 times. Can't imagine anyone being against it that much. I laugh when I get killed by the gun because it usually only gives them 150 points. And usually it's a player that I have knocked out and escaped from multiple times already , so he goes back to Indiana Jones mode and cut's the BS out and just shoots me lol. Then of which I am actually flattered , because he knew better then to try to walk upon me lol. I love the gun, the sound, and how dramatic it is. I think the people that get mad are already getting beat up on in a losing game and then just to be killed out of the blue by surprise makes them meltdown lol.

Madcap Luck
11-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Gun- OP? No.. Annoying? Shoo!
You see, people have a problem with anything that people have to put thought/skill into to net a high end gain, and ultimately pull the OP card because they were the victim of the thought out plan. If a person can/does net a 1k + kill off a single pistol shot (see also things such as animus hack streak), 2 things happen here: 1) this player is doing something very right and paying attention to things like their current variety score and has an ability set pre-made, and/or 2) the rest of the lobby is doing something terribly wrong to feed said player. But regardless, this player has earned their points!

As in many of the abilities/factors with AC multiplayer, each tool has multi uses, and it is up to the community as well as each individual player to make the decision on how to employee each ability to its fullest potential. If all abilities were static and only serve one purpose, the game and experience would grow stale very quickly.

On that note, I find the gun an anomaly, it is a pure offensive tool, with a "base" worth of 150 (if not thought out), and has 0 defensive options. Whereas abilities like smoke and disguise can be used as offensive or defensive, giving that player more options and in turn longer potential survivability. One could see this as hampering to an extended life with one less defensive tool? Right?

Personally out of all the times I have been shot, it is usually because of a pistol duel/revenge kill due to the top 2 players in the room are so far ahead, or it is someone of a vastly lower level quick scoping me from across the room because their previous 10 attempts on me end in them eating a knife stun.
When I have the gun equipped, I am either going for upper tier variety or am bored and "playing".

Please, if you get me in your scope, hit me with your best shot.. because i will be back, chances are i will get you as a target, and i will make you pay..

This is one instance where I would rather bring a knife to a gun fight.

So... OP? Nope!

Vixenaire
11-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Soon as I saw the topic I was like "where's Gizmo at?" ;P

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Soon as I saw the topic I was like "where's Gizmo at?" ;P

I was here but then the scrubs started commenting with their really obscure, un-experieced influenced opinions. >.<

Vixenaire
11-30-2012, 08:45 AM
the gun should operate the same as when you lure someone, if they shoot the gun and don't kill you (for whatever reason) they should have the kill/stun button on cooldown. To use the same logic, if i drop a smokebomb to stop my pursuer and don't catch them in it...do i get to drop it again right after? No, i tried to use my ability and failed so i pay the price, the gun should be no exception.

This! ^

I was here but then the scrubs started commenting with their really obscure, un-experieced influenced opinions. >.<

At least its entertaining. :3

I've kind of just resorted to shooting whoever shoots me in asa at this point. Like rabidly. Following them and hunting them with the gun shooting them at point blank until they get the point.

Personally I'd love to see the community shun/destroy people collectively who use guns. If anyone sees someone using a gun in a lobby I wish everyone would just brutally gang up on that one person. It'd be so great to see. :)

A community against guns. GBTC "Go back to Cod".

Anyways, guns aiming time needs to be increased, and there should be a deduction of points/less bonuses/less points earned if you shoot someone within a certain range. Quickscope and lag cannot be countered = unbalanced = OP situation that we all have faced.

BadNeighbour010
11-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I dislike being shot from across the map 2ft away from getting my kill as much as the next guy, but I have to say, the gun is one of the few things that can counter the guy who hauls *** as soon as he hears whispers. The bonuses encourage the use of the gun as much as they discourages players from running at the sound of whispers.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-30-2012, 09:32 AM
I dislike being shot from across the map 2ft away from getting my kill as much as the next guy, but I have to say, the gun is one of the few things that can counter the guy who hauls *** as soon as he hears whispers. The bonuses encourage the use of the gun as much as they discourages players from running at the sound of whispers.

screw the bonuses and junk i just want to be able to counter it. i dont want a quick scoped 800pt kill on me. i want to shield the gun...it gives you no chance because of the short focus time. thats the only change i want. longer focus time and no quick scoping. its ****ing messed up with several people quick scopng you and you cant counter any of them

Madcap Luck
11-30-2012, 10:18 AM
screw the bonuses and junk i just want to be able to counter it. i dont want a quick scoped 800pt kill on me. i want to shield the gun...it gives you no chance because of the short focus time. thats the only change i want. longer focus time and no quick scoping. its ****ing messed up with several people quick scopng you and you cant counter any of them

All your rage is hyper focused on this one instance. What is your defense against a X2, OSB, focus,hidden, poision kill? That acceptable? It all is acceptable man, and the fact of life is... Sometimes you bite the bear, sometimes the bear bites you. If you can't counter due to reaction time , sometimes you have to be the one to take iron the tail pipe.. And no one, regardless of skill is invincible, happens to us all!

Anandasama
11-30-2012, 04:21 PM
the gun can be fired without the target ever hearing the notification sound. how do you react to that?

it's a major difference compared to Osb, which is so ridiculously easy to counter.

WiNGSPANTT
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
the gun can be fired without the target ever hearing the notification sound. how do you react to that?

it's a major difference compared to Osb, which is so ridiculously easy to counter.

Correction: the Pistol can be fired for an unguaranteed kill worth very few points by a player who leaves himself exposed without the target ever hearing the notification sound.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Correction: the Pistol can be fired for an unguaranteed kill worth very few points by a player who leaves himself exposed without the target ever hearing the notification sound.

In the hands of a noob your point is valid, but in my hands or in yours for that matter we can pick out our targets quite readily even if they are using social stealth and can then quickscope the darn thing which between lag and poor syncronization of the sound effects in this game can land you a quick easy kill.

I've crafted mine for rapid reload but if you increase the accuracy of the gun quickscoping is a joke.

As i said before the gun allows for a quick easy kill that can be used to obtain an EV or a kill streak under a condition that would likely not allow you to get it as "easily" otherwise. Especially since you can change ability sets on the fly, all you have to do is build your streak meter and when you get multiple pursuers on your tail as a result switch to gun and get that last kill quick. Also as EV is pretty easy to get anyway if the bonuses for gun didn't count for V bonuses certainly that would make those joke of a bonus at least a "bit" more difficult to obtain.

I thought a good way to balance it might be to reduce the streak count by anytime you change abilities on the fly, but that wouldn't be too fair to do. As it is now kill counts carry over so i can build my streak with a non-silent kill streak by getting reckless/contested kills, switch to an ability set that has a silent streak which automatically reduces the number i need to achieve while carrying over all my previous work. And with 7 loadouts it's not like im really struggling to have a variety of loadouts to use.

This point however goes beyond just using the gun and is more of an exploit of the way killstreaks build and probably deserves a thread of its own.

Also yes this is a very minor and small percentage of instances in which the gun can be exploited but when you play team games and four people all do this that can create a massive point deficit quickly that you really can't defend yourself from. I would lastly state that i see the standard response is use animus shield/knife, in theory this should work but again because of quickscope and the poor syncronization of sound and lag it simply doesn't work as effectively as it should.