PDA

View Full Version : Infiltrating Southgate - Won't Recognise Killing the General

CiaranM87
11-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I've repeated this mission about 25 times, perfectly. <--- Read this introductory sentence over and over. Yes, PERFECTLY.

I still can't get 100% synch on the mission because the game doesn't recognise that I've killed the general. I've played it in one runthrough without having to restart from the previous checkpoint etc.

I'll play the entire mission, successfully pass all the objectives, such as killing 3 bell ends from a corner, avoid taking fire etc. etc. and still get that dreaded red 'x' at the end.

Here's my YouTube video showing what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94XnG6xmow8&feature=plcp

Am I doing anything wrong here? Becasue I'm fairly certain it's a bug in the game.

P.S. This was recorded AFTER the Thanksgiving Day Patch.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Did you kill an Officer with a blue dot atop his head ??

CiaranM87
11-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Did you kill an Officer with a blue dot atop his head ??

I'm not sure. Am I supposed to? Also, where are they?

I'm just confused as to why the objective that the game doesn't think I completed is the main objective that completes the mission - i.e. a player cannot continue on in the game unless this objective is complete, so the very fact that I'm on the next mission should, as logic would have it, prompt the game to say "oh, the user obviously killed the **** general, let's mark that off the list". And I'm a Software Developer by profession! Still stumped.

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 12:48 AM
It's not working because the person you're killing isn't the general. It says to "Find and kill the general." When your about to infilterate the south gate, go to the right and use eagle vision...the general will be marked as yellow. Then do the rest of the mission.

I did the same thing as well. Its confusing because the objectives pop up after you kill a certain guy on the ship.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm not sure. Am I supposed to? Also, where are they?

I'm just confused as to why the objective that the game doesn't think I completed is the main objective that completes the mission - i.e. a player cannot continue on in the game unless this objective is complete, so the very fact that I'm on the next mission should, as logic would have it, prompt the game to say "oh, the user obviously killed the **** general, let's mark that off the list". And I'm a Software Developer by profession! Still stumped.
Those people you kill are not Generals. The General looks like an Officer with a blue dot on his head. the pointer does not show up automatically, you have to find him in the area..It`s an Optional objective..not a main objective

CiaranM87
11-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Holy ****! I thought the guy I was killing at the end WAS "the general". Let me play this again and hunt down the blue dot man. Wow (thanks) - I was too stubborn to check YouTube when playing this mission; posting here was a last resort.

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Holy ****! I thought the guy I was killing at the end WAS "the general". Let me play this again and hunt down the blue dot man. Wow (thanks) - I was too stubborn to check YouTube when playing this mission; posting here was a last resort.

No prob. You have to eagle vision him first and then he will be marked. Just go to the right instead of the usual left turn you make and you'll find him.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Good luck, mate

and Welcome:D

psf22
11-25-2012, 01:12 AM
No prob. You have to eagle vision him first and then he will be marked. Just go to the right instead of the usual left turn you make and you'll find him.

There's actually no need for Eagle vision to spot him when you run towards the right. But yeah that's it.

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 01:19 AM
There's actually no need for Eagle vision to spot him when you run towards the right. But yeah that's it.

Tch, What kind of assassin are you? This is one of the few times eagle vision is useful in AC3....and its not saying much.

psf22
11-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Tch, What kind of assassin are you? This is one of the few times eagle vision is useful in AC3....and its not saying much.

I personally did use it the first time. :eek:

Speaking of Eagle vision, some folks were talking about it having more use for example on hunts such that you can see the route or smell etc. But then some disputed it by saying Connors Eagle vision hasn't fully developed yet. But numerous times in the game Connor sees 'flashbacks' i assume through hs Eagle vision.
I doubt they'll add it to hunt animals but it would be a cool addition.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 01:27 AM
I personally did use it the first time. :eek:

Speaking of Eagle vision, some folks were talking about it having more use for example on hunts such that you can see the route or smell etc. But then some disputed it by saying Connors Eagle vision hasn't fully developed yet. But numerous times in the game Connor sees 'flashbacks' i assume through hs Eagle vision.
I doubt they'll add it to hunt animals but it would be a cool addition.
I used eagle vision when jumping from View Point trees..

Those haystacks were not easy to find xD

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Well Eagle Sense is an advanced version of Eagle vision that develops after mastering the latter....Ezio couldn't do it until Revelations, if I remember correctly. So they're right in a way.

psf22
11-25-2012, 01:32 AM
I used eagle vision when jumping from View Point trees..

Those haystacks were not easy to find xD

Seriously I did too! I misjumped a few too many times to insta-death, because i just assumed it was in front of me, like it always used to be. It clearly was not so i switched to Eagle vision on some jumps :p

psf22
11-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Well Eagle Sense is an advanced version of Eagle vision that develops after mastering the latter....Ezio couldn't do it until Revelations, if I remember correctly. So they're right in a way.

Hmm Eagle Sense i see. Ah well I don't really mind it or see it as a plothole or anything, just more for the sake of it. I forgot the whole buildup of it in past games tbh thanks for clearing it up.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 02:23 AM
From the top of the path i usually head far right behind some wooden boxes near the single prisoner in stocks - Corner Kill the Officer/General when he comes near the stocks (whistle him)
then head to the stocks at back of camp near wall - hide behind tent (whistle him too) then corner kill him .
Then head for the stocks near the shoreline - same again whistle / corner kill officer.

Finally kill the officer on the docks - the Ship & soldier at the stocks = General killed - All corner kills achieved - All prisoners freed.

Now stick at the battle if you like or Run up left side of path avoiding all fire line damage from the gate - Shoot silas with pistol from wall . 100% done.

(THIS level is also the best for 'Leave NO Witnesses' single player event - Sticking with the battle until redcoats stop coming can rack up 400-700+ kills per memory replay)