PDA

View Full Version : MP Story?

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Anyone know of any plans to have the MP story on teh nets? Any channels or sites planning to release them?

I want to watch/read the Abstergo Story but the MP bores me. I reached level 20 and couldn't handle any more.

Staple-Tape
11-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Search it on youtube.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Search it on youtube.

I made sure to do that before creating this thread. :p

Staple-Tape
11-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I made sure to do that before creating this thread. :p

Did you try "assassin's creed 3 multiplayer abstergo videos?"

Dieinthedark
11-25-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm in the same boat. I hate the MP but I want to know everything about the story. Bad choice Ubi, it really is.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm in the same boat. I hate the MP but I want to know everything about the story. Bad choice Ubi, it really is.
I hate the SP but want to know everything about the story. Bad choice Ubi.

Please don't blame Ubisoft for putting story in a game mode that some people like to play and want story from.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Dear Ubisoft - please could we have everything we want in the next game without having to actually play or progress in it ?? Many thanks in advance. :cool:

Dieinthedark
11-25-2012, 02:47 AM

Please don't blame Ubisoft for putting story in a game mode that some people like to play and want story from.
I understand where you're coming from but the way I see it, and no I'm not just being a troll, is that AC has always been an SP first game. Tacking on a story to the MP section just seems like a cheap way to get more people to play it. At least see my point, no need to agree.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 02:57 AM
Dear Ubisoft - please could we have everything we want in the next game without having to actually play or progress in it ?? Many thanks in advance. :cool:

The actual situation is a little different in this case, you know. Most of us originally bought AC for the SP, and SP alone. In fact, I still do, cause my ping is always too high, so I can wait for ages and still not be able to get into a game. Personally, I don't care about the Abstergo Story, and if I did, I could Youtube it, but those single player gamers who got AC since its SP only days and want to see all of the story might feel cheated out of some content. Shouldn't really be too hard to understand.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 03:20 AM
The actual situation is a little different in this case, you know. Most of us originally bought AC for the SP, and SP alone. In fact, I still do, cause my ping is always too high, so I can wait for ages and still not be able to get into a game. Personally, I don't care about the Abstergo Story, and if I did, I could Youtube it, but those single player gamers who got AC since its SP only days and want to see all of the story might feel cheated out of some content. Shouldn't really be too hard to understand.

I AM one of those single player gamers who played AC since AC 1 - But as it's already been stated the MP side of the game WAS just a tack on to attract a bigger player base - there's nothing really groundbreaking in the MP Abstergo videos .
Some 'interesting' things sure , But nothing of real importance - If people want that extra info , it's there to be unlocked , or spread across youtube eventually .

I Don't own a handheld PSP / VITA but it's possible to find out what happens in bloodlines / Liberation on the internet . If i wait for it or search for it . Same option applies to the MP Abstergo videos.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 03:31 AM

As a person who started with AC1, I can tell you I don't understand why you feel 'cheated' out of content. The multiplayer was a game mode introduced to show the Abstergo side of things, and I love the fact that it's getting more story. If I only played AC for the MP, and hated the gameplay of the story mode, but still wanted to know the story, I would read about it on the internet- but I wouldn't feel cheated out of anything.

If you don't like MP, wait for the videos to go up on youtube. Hell, if you want- once I unlock everything I'll upload it all for you.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 03:37 AM
As a person who started with AC1, I can tell you I don't understand why you feel 'cheated' out of content. The multiplayer was a game mode introduced to show the Abstergo side of things, and I love the fact that it's getting more story. If I only played AC for the MP, and hated the gameplay of the story mode, but still wanted to know the story, I would read about it on the internet- but I wouldn't feel cheated out of anything.

If you don't like MP, wait for the videos to go up on youtube. Hell, if you want- once I unlock everything I'll upload it all for you.
You don't understand in because you like the MP. Simple as that. There are some that started AC cause it was an SP game and don't like the MP. Can't be hard to understand. Anyway, not really an issue for me, personally. I haven't even bothered to watch the videos on Youtube for the previous games, cause reading some threads here was enough to learn what happened. Not like it's a huge part of the story. But there are some for who it will be a problem.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 03:40 AM
No, I don't understand because I don't see why people think that they should be told part of a story without doing anything for it.

I guess you guys would prefer MP to not have a story at all.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 03:50 AM
No, I don't understand because I don't see why people think that they should be told part of a story without doing anything for it.

I guess you guys would prefer MP to not have a story at all.Of course, we'd prefer it, but I'm not going to suggest that those who like MP get something taken out because we prefer something else. That'd be stupid. At the same time, doesn't mean we have to like it, considering that one of the strong points of AC1 and 2 was that they were entirely single player in an era where game developers were beginning to cut out the SP in favour of MP. Luckily, the new AC games' SP didn't suffer cause of the MP, so Ubisoft managed to hold onto the SP fanbase.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 03:54 AM
..why would you prefer to take out content that others find fun?

That's.. sort of wrong.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 03:56 AM
You get what you PLAY FOR . Understand ?

ace3001
11-25-2012, 04:08 AM
..why would you prefer to take out content that others find fun?

That's.. sort of wrong.

That's why I said "but I'm not going to suggest that those who like MP get something taken out because we prefer something else."
I'd prefer if AC had no MP at all and that those resources would go to make the SP better. But that's what I feel. Doesn't mean I'm going to go make threads and scream "TAKE MP OUT", cause obviously many people like it.

You get what you PLAY FOR . Understand ?
Only that MP was never a part of AC until they made one to hook in those that don't play games without MP. It's you who don't understand, cause you like the MP. Having to play MP to unlock part of the story in a game series that they originally bought cause it was SP is a real pain for those that don't like it. It's like a CoD game suddenly telling players to play SP to unlock new weapons.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Wow. This turned into a debate.

My side: I play AC for the SP. Have done since AC1. I would play multiplayer if it wasn't so monotonous (for me). I prefer co-op campaigns, rather than pick a map, play for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.

That said, I'm fine with MP having a story, as long as it isn't essential to know to enjoy the SP. So I'm fine with the Abstergo Story, as it has absolutely nothing to do with the main campaign (I've reached lvl20, and seen the first few). If it revealed the First Civ's original six solutions, for instance, I'd be annoyed, but it's just a little extra lore.

I'll wait for it to be uploaded to YT, since I don't want to grind for it. That's the good thing about an open internet.

Gotta say though, having live actors doing Abstergo adverts is cool. :)

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 07:26 AM
You don't have to play it to see it people, there's always youtube. You aren't being cheated out if you give mp a pass.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I found all the MP videos on you tube and their hacked counterparts, I don't know why you can't find them