PDA

View Full Version : Bowls Game in Assassins Creed 3 is RIGGED

TonyWonder317
11-24-2012, 10:59 PM
To all Ubisoft employees responsible for the Assassins Creed 3 game:

I have played the Bowls game on the Davenport Homestead 10 times, and each time, the computer wins.

I believe this part of the game is rigged and intentional.

Shame on you. I'm sick of playing against this idiotic Irish redneck Terry. How about not adapting the game next time so every throw from the computer lands on the ball?

Thanks. For nothing.

Aphex_Tim
11-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I won the first time.

LoyalACFan
11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
All you have to do is knock his ball away from the red one...

montagemik
11-24-2012, 11:08 PM

I have played the Bowls game on the Davenport Homestead 10 times, and each time, the computer wins.

Shame on you. I'm sick of playing against this idiotic Irish redneck Terry. How about not adapting the game next time so every throw from the computer lands on the ball?

Thanks. For nothing.

Bowls is the easiest minigame in AC-3 . (& i'm not trying to sound clever)
It's the game i earned the 500 for the challenge ........& if Bowls is bothering you - You're not gonna be pleased with Fanarona or 9 man morris. :eek:

TRY Not making the first move & just knock Their bowls away from the jack . Worked for me .

rileypoole1234
11-24-2012, 11:11 PM
It's not that hard...

Assassin_M
11-24-2012, 11:14 PM
The Old "If I cannot win, It`s rigged" crap..

At least try to place on yourself SOME blame. Just an INCH so someone would be willing to help..

Right now you sound like a 5 year old who does not know where the on/off button is and goes the toy is broken..

Maybe..JUST Maybe you do not have a strategy, but my god...I played 10 times and the computer wins every time ? Wow, man..

pacmanate
11-24-2012, 11:36 PM
I won the first time on the homestead, then lost on my second playthrough.

ntguru
11-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I have never lost a game of Bowls within AC3. Not one single time. Not at the homestead or even against Washington.

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Took me three attempts. Took me that long to work out that going 2nd was best, and that knocking opponent's balls across the square was the best strategy. Definitely easier than 9 Men's Morris. :(

Felt good when the trophy pinged though.

VnnViet
11-25-2012, 12:34 AM
I found bowls quite easy to win and fun. If anything is rigged it's fanorona and nine men's morris.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Nothing is rigged damm it..

Learn how to play..it`s not enough knowing the rules...you have to figure the AI..it`s not simple...Jeez

GunnarGunderson
11-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Can't wait for the thread you make when you try to win fanorona

I'd just like to brag for a moment and say that I just got the Original Gamer Achievement today and platinumed AC3

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 01:27 AM
It's times like these that make me wonder why Ubisoft takes people's complaints about AC being too hard seriously. Here's some tough love: the game isn't rigged....you just suck at it.

Dieinthedark
11-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Is there like a data entry on the objective on what to do? Or would someone explain what to do in it? I just was clueless throwing stuff around the first time...

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Yes...right before you play the game...the screen you skip all the time to get to the game

Dieinthedark
11-25-2012, 02:51 AM
I didn't skip any screens, I walked over to Terry and played it. I didn't come across any screen

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 03:02 AM
I didn't skip any screens, I walked over to Terry and played it. I didn't come across any screen
Oh..... thought you were talking about board games xD

Sorry...

rapidshottt-001
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Thanks. For nothing.

I totally agree. Maybe it depends on the platform you are playing on, but this is also the case with me. The balls just don't go where I intend to send them. Even if I get in front by any chance, the AI makes a move to shut me out and then my balls never find the target. I do not know what others have experienced, but so far, I have not not been able to beat Terry which ever technique I use.

i WiLL aM
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Like the others said, if you think bowls is hard, good luck with Nine-mens' morris. Bowls is by FAR the easiest...
Nine-men's morris took me absolutely forever to win and has got to be the hardest game I've ever played! :p

D.I.D.
01-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I totally agree. Maybe it depends on the platform you are playing on, but this is also the case with me. The balls just don't go where I intend to send them. Even if I get in front by any chance, the AI makes a move to shut me out and then my balls never find the target. I do not know what others have experienced, but so far, I have not not been able to beat Terry which ever technique I use.

Have you ever played this game in real life?

It pays to think about blocking shots in front of the jack, but then if your opponent manages to hit the jack and send it into a new area, it will almost certainly be upfield. If so, your early shots will be wasted. However, landing the shots just behind the jack is a good idea; you can prevent the jack's movement, and even cause your opponent to knock the jack into increasingly better positions for you. Also, you've got to be able to judge when it's a good time for you to play a recklessly aggressive shot, and you should do that when you've still got another couple of shots left to play so that you can take advantage of it.

Cephsus
01-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Well something certainly was wrong with my Bowl game against Washington.

I won 3 rounds and he won the 4th round. And the result after he had won the 4th round it said "You lose". Lol.

Maybe im not getting the rules, it only matters who win the last round?.

montagemik
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM

You guys are complaining about this on Both consoles - I'm on PS3 = It works fine ( & Bowls is the easiest minigame ) ..............Maybe you just need to practice pinpointing your shots & always start the match playing 2nd.
Just knock there bowls away after each of their shots . Try aim your shot between their bowls & the jack so they lose any points they made & you should gain some .

Just takes a little practice.

montagemik
01-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Can't wait for the thread you make when you try to win fanorona

I'd just like to brag for a moment and say that I just got the Original Gamer Achievement today and platinumed AC3

Bragging ? .................What took you sooo long ?? :p

ACfan443
01-04-2013, 12:04 AM
It's not rigged, I've won a few times. However it is far from enjoyable, all the mini games are far from enjoyable.

Shard77
01-25-2013, 08:48 PM
I, too, have struggled to beat the AI at this game thus far and it's the last game I need for the Homestead chevo.

Surprisingly, I won at Fanorona the first time (Which shocked me since it is at the "expert" level) and won at NMM the second time I played.

One tip I just read on the Wiki for bowls is that, when you are aiming your shot, the blue circle expands and contracts. The bigger the circle when you throw the ball, the wilder the shot. You've got to try to time your shot so that the blue circle is the smallest when you release. I'll need to try that when I get home tonight.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-25-2013, 09:26 PM
It's not rigged, I've won a few times. However it is far from enjoyable, all the mini games are far from enjoyable.

Hey! I enjoyed checkers! lol easy money :P

krosselle
03-08-2013, 11:51 PM
So anyone who reads this threads... in the bowling game you need to hit the 'throw' button twice. Once, when you first throw the ball, and then again 'in timing' with the shrinking/expanding blue circle. That second part isn't really explained anywhere, and without that part your ball goes wherever without much aim.

jackosataco
10-21-2013, 02:34 PM
How is bowls the easiest minigame? The npc constantly hits right on my ball knocking mine away and Conner can't throw for ****. Fanarona was way easier than this, took me three tries to beat the old man. This game is based on luck of the roll, no skill or intellect required, just pick a spot and hope ya get what your aiming for.

After reading krosselles message I now understand what I'm doing wrong, thanks for telling me Ubisoft! ****ing guyysss.

-----------------------------------------

First time with that knowledge and I won. Thank you krosselle.

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 02:38 PM
lets not swear..

Welcome to the forums btw - glad you figured out the game in the end..

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I have never won and doubt I will haha

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I have never won and doubt I will haha

Really? I literally never lose :p

from the 8-10 times i played the tutorial one

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Really? I literally never lose :p

from the 8-10 times i played the tutorial one

Godfrey and Terry were hustling me haha

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
as if ;) :rolleyes::cool:

Bastiaen
10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
I found bowls quite easy to win and fun. If anything is rigged it's fanorona and nine men's morris.

^This^

Sn1p3r-28
10-21-2013, 03:11 PM

I also agree with that, bowls was the easiest for me.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
This is the easiest game there is next to checkers....i pity you if you're going for the original gamer achievement/trophy..
Wait until you find how rigged Achillies is hahahahaha
#BrokenController

ze_topazio
10-21-2013, 08:28 PM
I beat every character in the game like a boss.

phoenix-force411
10-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Who's balls are closer to the red ball. I won mine against Washington. He won the first match, but I won the second one. I killed him in TOKW for revenge!

HiddenKiller612
10-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Bowls was pretty fun... I think I lost maybe twice...

NHEO_67
12-10-2014, 04:23 AM
Good luck with this stupid game. I think I played over 30 times,never wining once. I specially love the part where your ball never lands anywhere near the crosshair but the computer always hits the mark.

Rafe Harwood
12-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Bowls,boules,petanque is a great game for a lazy Sunday in a pub car park :)

SenseHomunculus
12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Always did well playing bowls because I've played so much bocce ball IRL. Also, I played 9 Man Morris all the time with my dad growing up so I'm pretty good at that one, too. :D

Aphex_Tim
12-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Good luck with this stupid game. I think I played over 30 times,never wining once. I specially love the part where your ball never lands anywhere near the crosshair but the computer always hits the mark.

Did you just create a forum account to bump a two year old thread about something extremely insignificant?