PDA

View Full Version : Ati Radeon 9800 game crash please help!

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 02:16 AM
Guys first off id like to say that i love this game
its absolutely mesmerising and once i completed i was kinda upset since it was so intense and mystical im having a few errors was wondering if anyone here could give me a hand with.

first off when i start the game it reboots my pc
im running an Asus Ati Radeon 9800 XT and i didnt update its drivers, so i have to reinstall the game, now once i reinstall it works once then when i try to run it again it crashes, so ive literrally had to install this game 100times, ive completed it once and want to complete it again is there anyway to fix this crash/bug? cause im tired of reinstalling and that too its not 100% that after i reinstall it would work so i have to do 3-4 reinstalls of the game in a row, its very very frustrating.

The most important thing i wanted to mention was is there anyway i could get the soundtrack for the entire game causei love the music and im willing to buy it or download it from anywhere

Another thing is i wanted to know if ubi would release another sequel to this game, Id personally like to say that i would pay up to $200 for another new sequel cause im absolutely crazy about ancient mystery games.

Ps if anyone knows any titles that are as nice and mysterious like prince of persia please tell me id like to buy them.
thanks for the help in advance guys

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 02:16 AM
Guys first off id like to say that i love this game
its absolutely mesmerising and once i completed i was kinda upset since it was so intense and mystical im having a few errors was wondering if anyone here could give me a hand with.

first off when i start the game it reboots my pc
im running an Asus Ati Radeon 9800 XT and i didnt update its drivers, so i have to reinstall the game, now once i reinstall it works once then when i try to run it again it crashes, so ive literrally had to install this game 100times, ive completed it once and want to complete it again is there anyway to fix this crash/bug? cause im tired of reinstalling and that too its not 100% that after i reinstall it would work so i have to do 3-4 reinstalls of the game in a row, its very very frustrating.

The most important thing i wanted to mention was is there anyway i could get the soundtrack for the entire game causei love the music and im willing to buy it or download it from anywhere

Another thing is i wanted to know if ubi would release another sequel to this game, Id personally like to say that i would pay up to $200 for another new sequel cause im absolutely crazy about ancient mystery games.

Ps if anyone knows any titles that are as nice and mysterious like prince of persia please tell me id like to buy them.
thanks for the help in advance guys

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 02:28 AM
I recently bought Ati Radeon 9200 se 64 mb, and the game works great on max details.... I really can't belive that because i have Duron 1300 procesor, i am really amazed by this graphic card, but i really don't know why does it crash with yours...
Maybe this will help, try installing the new Catalyst drivers(3.7), and when you do, then install that DirectX 9.0b from the game, and leave everything at defaults for direct3d and open gl, that's my setup.....
i hope this will help.....
see ya......

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 11:17 AM
lol... the newest drivers are 3.10 beta not 3.7 dude, try updating your BIOS and maybe using a crack. it would be great if you could further explain your problem.

------------------------

Opinions are like butt holes, we all have one and we all think everyone else's stinks!

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 05:59 PM
at least you are getting to play the game through. i also have ati radeon 9800 se, sb audigy gamer card, my problem is the sounds and music distort after playing 5 minutes into the game. i also like the way the game plays but it's annoying. i've taking my system in to have it checked out and they found nothing. i've also returned the game now 3 times thinking maybe it's the game ..any solution from you

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 05:38 AM
try different Drivers, any where from 3.7 to 3.10, sometimes you get slow downs when you upgrade.

I'm sure there will be a fix out soon,

------------------------

Opinions are like butt holes, we all have one and we all think everyone else's stinks!