PDA

View Full Version : Picking Locks?

seek-
11-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm sure there is already a post about this (I remember reading it) and the search engine sucks on these forums. But how do you pick them exactly on the PC version? I've tried about 20 times now.

-Thanks

moneuil
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm sure there is already a post about this (I remember reading it) and the search engine sucks on these forums. But how do you pick them exactly on the PC version? I've tried about 20 times now.

-Thanks

Normally you are supposed to move the mouse left or right first until the pick is inserted and then move up or down with the mouse until the lock starts ticking and you need to bash your left mouse button like a madman.

I suppose it"s very sensitive maybe even a bit too much...

Not sure how in the lockpicking tutorial it worked eventually but when I try it on the first chest I encouter ingame, it won't work properly.
Please allow us to change it so we could for example use arrow keys or something to pick locks or just get rid of the whole dull lockpicking thing.
Take a look at Skyrim's lockpicking for instance that works.

Can't be bothered to pick locks this way if it takes an hour trying because the pick jumps out again because you accidentally move your mouse a bit up or down while moving left or right all the time to find the right spot.
Either it's me or I need to adjust mouse sensitivity to lowest?