PDA

View Full Version : Smoke bombs & aggressive stunners

Wht Fox
11-24-2012, 01:11 PM
In previous AC games, smoke bombs were a big nuisance in the manhunt multiplayer mode. Thankfully, we now have the ability, wipe, which helps pursuers counter against smoke bombs before they can be deployed. However you can only deploy wipe once every minute or so.

I don't have anything against smoke bombs. They're a great item. But they're being abused. There's a trend that goes on in manhunt where you would face off against a team of aggressive stunners. Fail to use wipe once to counter possible smoke bomb deployment, and you'll find yourself stunned, huddled around a group of defenders, smoked, now trapped with your friends against a huddled group of defenders, stunned again, and this will go on until the full team is out of smoke bombs giving them a grand leap into the lead 0 to 6000+. This would carry on for a full match or a full half hour depending on how long you're going to put up with a bunch of players taking the game out of "manhunt".

I suggest granting temporary immunity just after being stunned. It doesn't even have to be that long. I think it would be harmless to the game of manhunt and is an easy solution to aggressive stunners. After all, the point in hiding in manhunt is to hide. Not seek out your attackers and beat the living snot out of them.

SillySin
11-24-2012, 01:30 PM
It is all good now especially in MH Mode. No aggressive stunner at all as it is all about stealth & deception.
I was one of the aggressive stunners in ACR and now I am using Morph/decoy ftw

Welcome to the forums btw.

Emvidasch
11-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Don't forget the Shield ability. If you're up against a group of agressive stunners, bringing both the wipe and shield ability is very beneficial. These players won't try to hide anyway because as soon as you enter their Line of Sight they will give themselves away by dropping smoke bombs or other abilities. No need for abilities to reveal them anyway.

As for being stunned, there is a thread providing information about stunlocking and claiming it is fixed due to the addition of the ability to lock people while stunned so you can prepare for the incoming stun and contest / kill the person attempting to stunlock you. After some matches I've found that this is incorrect as the lag renders you incapable of killing someone as you're getting up and he can easily stun you again. I lock the next person and start mashing the kill button, but even so, as I get up there's a second I can't use the prompt and once it's available it just doesn't respond and I get stunned again. So I press Y every time now because the solution for stunlocking just doesn't work. I'm gonna take this info to said thread and see what they've got to say about it. Maybe get some answers.

And hiding has been proven as quite a useless tactic. I figured I use morph and decoy and get lures before proceeding to stun people, only to find rabid players run at my blend group mashing the kill button and miraculously killing me. It's become common sense that hiding is not beneficial at all and hunting your pursuers for stuns is much more rewarding.
If they added a proximity bonus like there was in corruption and steal the artifact in ACR it'd be much more beneficial to stay alive and hide rather than stun.

SillySin
11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
And hiding has been proven as quite a useless tactic. I figured I use morph and decoy and get lures before proceeding to stun people, only to find rabid players run at my blend group mashing the kill button and miraculously killing me. It's become common sense that hiding is not beneficial at all and hunting your pursuers for stuns is much more rewarding.

^ Wrong
I am about to upload a video to prove whoever say the same is wrong as using morph is one of the good abilities out there but it depends on you after all.
I thought I may give you some tips cuz you seem underestimate this awesome ability :(

Useful Tips (Morph):
- never ever blend with your morphed group of civilians ;)
- always pick a place away from rooftops.
- playing against good players require you to blend in places where they can't perform the LOS check (away from corners & rooftops).
- Using morph in Domination ftw.
- If they use "Wipe" to find you then all you can do is >> Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol
- there are more but don't have time . sorry :P

Note: using Morph works in Team-modes mostly.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-24-2012, 04:22 PM
There are enough counters to wipe, Also with overall cooldowns and crafting you can really increase the usuage of wipe. Also resilience is a perk that reduces the duration of ALL abilities which can be really useful as it can throw people off.

@Emvidasch- Do you use resistance because i find i can stun lock ppl easier who use resistance because they are the ones who gets delays. I also responded to your post in the stun-locking thread that should help identify some of the incosistencies and why ppl can still lock. I will say however it is more difficult and at times not possible at all.

Emvidasch
11-24-2012, 04:37 PM
There are enough counters to wipe, Also with overall cooldowns and crafting you can really increase the usuage of wipe. Also resilience is a perk that reduces the duration of ALL abilities which can be really useful as it can throw people off.

@Emvidasch- Do you use resistance because i find i can stun lock ppl easier who use resistance because they are the ones who gets delays. I also responded to your post in the stun-locking thread that should help identify some of the incosistencies and why ppl can still lock. I will say however it is more difficult and at times not possible at all.

Come to think of it, I think there were 2 occurences, one where I used Resistance and one where I didn't. The same happened nonetheless. I'm gonna get some friends together and look into this but thank you very much for pointing resistance out! Didn't think about that one.

Emvidasch
11-24-2012, 04:43 PM
^ Wrong
I am about to upload a video to prove whoever say the same is wrong as using morph is one of the good abilities out there but it depends on you after all.
I thought I may give you some tips cuz you seem underestimate this awesome ability :(

Useful Tips (Morph):
- never ever blend with your morphed group of civilians ;)
- always pick a place away from rooftops.
- playing against good players require you to blend in places where they can't perform the LOS check (away from corners & rooftops).
- Using morph in Domination ftw.
- If they use "Wipe" to find you then all you can do is >> Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol
- there are more but don't have time . sorry :P

Note: using Morph works in Team-modes mostly.

I follow all those tips and against good players they work indeed ( it was my favorite ability in ACB Wanted and Manhunt before I found out about the whole Stunning thing ) because good players expect you to hunt them for stuns. But newer players just run blindly into the morph group mashing the kill button and somehow find me. In those scenario's corner stuns seem way more effective. And I'd never underestimate Morph, don't worry. I absolutely <3 that ability. Can't wait to craft it for better performance. It's just that it seems to fail every time I face button mashers.

Aside from that, another reason it fails me so often is because of bad spawns. I spawn in 85% of the time with reasonably loud whispers and the whenever I pop my morph after spawn my pursuers already saw it and I'm goners. :( Really hope they fix that...

Wht Fox
11-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Thank you everybody for your positive feedback.

DroppedClock56
11-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Thank you everybody for your positive feedback.

aw cute icon