PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Multiplayer matchmaking opinion

ThiefjeNL
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Okay, here's my opinion on AC3's matchmaking so far, and overall it's not the best, but here it goes...

Started playing the multiplayer mode earlier and initially it worked, reasonably well actually, found matches in a matter of seconds up to half a minute and all fairly balanced... Got myself in the top 99 of the global PC Abstergo ladder (lol)... and that's where the good part ends...

Later the crap just comes pouring out... I'm unable to find any match at all for well over an hour... The game searches no more than 3 out all sessions and then just randomly makes a lobby for which it can find no players or just 1 player (beside myself of course)... Then, surprise surprise, it fails and once again searches the first 3 sessions out there, resulting in a second lobby being created which is closed after 5 seconds stating a game matching my game criterea (quick match or specified doesn't even matter) could not be found.

So I get the option to either search again or return to the main menu (both resulting in a retun to the main menu) and here the show starts all over again, and again, again, and again, and again.... and guess what? Ubisoft service unavailable, now playing in limited mode blah blah is what follows... After 30 seconds - 2 minutes I can connect again and here the story starts all over (so much for the green colored NAT I guess)...

I mean, come on Ubisoft, what the hell is going on? I've seen the number of sessions shift from hardly any at all to easily sufficient numbers for an extra 100-200 players... You really expect me (and possibly us) to believe all those lobbies and its players just come out of the blue and vanish again every 2-3 minutes...?

So, that's that, any comments?

sharkdrutt
11-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I know 1 thing...

I was fooled....

I can understand a game comes out with bugs, etc.... but this has gone WAY too far....
I hoped Ubisoft would have learned from their mistakes in the past two games (AC:B, AC:R)... I was wrong....
I regret having spent 50 Euros...

1 thing is sure. I will never buy any Ubisoft title again...

kouger29
11-24-2012, 01:34 PM
i`ve had problems of one type or another with every ubisoft game i have which is a console port, Wouldn`t be so bad if their tech support actually tried to help. In my experience so far they never acknowledge any problems so you don`t know if the problem lies with the game, the servers, bad ISP etc... And as time goes on i think they just don`t even bother trying to fix anything. All the problems i`ve had with ubi titles where solved by the games community except for Splinter Cell: Double Agent which i solved myself, i put it in the bin!

I have the EXACT same problem as the OP, and the same problem has been affecting AC:R for the last 2 weeks ( they either can`t fix it or it was just being ignored).

Oxford_of_Dale
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Same problem here.

raphaelrtw
11-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Multiplayer? What multiplayer?

All I get is that message "Ubisoft's servers are offline" bla bla bla and enter "Limited mode". Hundreds of people are getting the same message, no support from Ubi.

Ubisoft is not the worst publisher in the world just because EA still exists. But we're seeing how they're trying hard to take that place.

ThiefjeNL
11-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Multiplayer? What multiplayer?

All I get is that message "Ubisoft's servers are offline" bla bla bla and enter "Limited mode". Hundreds of people are getting the same message, no support from Ubi.

Ubisoft is not the worst publisher in the world just because EA still exists. But we're seeing how they're trying hard to take that place.

Well I could get online at some point for several hours and play some matches.. Then stopped playing for a while, once back I got blocked out as well and here we are...

Blsmith2112
11-25-2012, 01:39 AM
I know 1 thing...

I was fooled....

I can understand a game comes out with bugs, etc.... but this has gone WAY too far....
I hoped Ubisoft would have learned from their mistakes in the past two games (AC:B, AC:R)... I was wrong....
I regret having spent 50 Euros...

1 thing is sure. I will never buy any Ubisoft title again...

Any promise of an Ubisoft game containing multplayer will not sell me in the future ether. It'll be a Redbox single player rental and thats it. $60 is not much to ask for if that means years of online hours of mutliplayer entertainment - but now I know that Ubisoft has their head so far up their you-know-what, that I'll never be buying one ether. Initially I thought Ubisoft cared about their gaming communities but apparently I was wrong.

krayzehd
11-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Same here, played my last MP Game 2days ago.

ThiefjeNL
11-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Lol, I just managed to play 3 matches... maybe they fixed something but didn't inform us? :/

VolterMort
11-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Still Limited Mode!!!! Ubisoft fix this problem goddammit or at least give us a sign of life...

binglis
11-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Still Limited Mode!!!! Ubisoft fix this problem goddammit or at least give us a sign of life...

Same here, I am really starting to get pissed off, not even one word from Ubisoft, pathetic.