PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] New York Underground & Fast Travel Site

Partee Garcia
11-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Administrators and developers,

First, great job on the game; I'm really enjoying it. Solid story, good sound, and you guys fine-tuned a lot of technical aspects of the gameplay, making it much smoother, which has always been a pet peeve of mine in A.C. games. I read about the new Thanksgiving patch and I'd to throw another problem your way, but this one is holding me back from completing goals within the game. With that said, I'd like to bring to your attention a bug I found. After finishing the story, I am now enjoying all the side quests. However, I cannot complete the New York Underground quest for the logbook. I'll try to make this as least confusing as possible.

While in the underground, the SOUTH MARKET exit is NOT VISIBLE; and does not register that I found it in the logbook. It is there and I can use it; but once again, while in the underground, the South Market icon will NOT show on the map. Now, the SOUTH MARKET CELLAR DOOR on the STREET LEVEL of New York does exist and WILL SHOW on the map. Also, down in the New York Underground, while in the halls leading to the South Market exit, I noticed there are two torches that light up the Freemason stone slabs at the intersections; they will not stay lit once I leave the underground. They burn out. Not a big deal, but I noticed it and it's what triggered my investigation into the bigger bug.
Also, on the STREET LEVEL MAP, there in an ANONYMOUS FAST TRAVEL ICON between Bowling Green and the South Market cellar doors (SOUTH TIP of the EAST DISTRICT). I investigated it, and there is NO CELLAR DOOR, but is replaced with a well to hide in. On the street level map, it functions as a fast travel site; however, while in the NY UNDERGROUND, it DOES NOT HAVE an EXIT to coincide with. Perhaps a miscalculation in the programming between these locations could have led to the logbook not registering the found underground exits. For informational purposes, I am playing AC3 on the GameStop Edition for the Xbox 360 console.

Thanks for listening, folks. Keep up the excellent work.

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Your a fan of capitals aren't you? well on the topic at hand, there are many bugs such as this that prevent full sync, I would like it if all of these are addressed in patch 1.03, furthermore (I've loved that word since haytham) I would like to personally welcome you to the forums

psf22
11-24-2012, 12:30 PM

First, great job on the game; I'm really enjoying it. Solid story, good sound, and you guys fine-tuned a lot of technical aspects of the gameplay, making it much smoother, which has always been a pet peeve of mine in A.C. games. I read about the new Thanksgiving patch and I'd to throw another problem your way, but this one is holding me back from completing goals within the game. With that said, I'd like to bring to your attention a bug I found. After finishing the story, I am now enjoying all the side quests. However, I cannot complete the New York Underground quest for the logbook. I'll try to make this as least confusing as possible.

While in the underground, the SOUTH MARKET exit is NOT VISIBLE; and does not register that I found it in the logbook. It is there and I can use it; but once again, while in the underground, the South Market icon will NOT show on the map. Now, the SOUTH MARKET CELLAR DOOR on the STREET LEVEL of New York does exist and WILL SHOW on the map. Also, down in the New York Underground, while in the halls leading to the South Market exit, I noticed there are two torches that light up the Freemason stone slabs at the intersections; they will not stay lit once I leave the underground. They burn out. Not a big deal, but I noticed it and it's what triggered my investigation into the bigger bug.
Also, on the STREET LEVEL MAP, there in an ANONYMOUS FAST TRAVEL ICON between Bowling Green and the South Market cellar doors (SOUTH TIP of the EAST DISTRICT). I investigated it, and there is NO CELLAR DOOR, but is replaced with a well to hide in. On the street level map, it functions as a fast travel site; however, while in the NY UNDERGROUND, it DOES NOT HAVE an EXIT to coincide with. Perhaps a miscalculation in the programming between these locations could have led to the logbook not registering the found underground exits. For informational purposes, I am playing AC3 on the GameStop Edition for the Xbox 360 console.

Highlighted: The well doesn't have a route in the tunnel it's a dead-end indeed. That's not a bug though.

JasonValenti
10-28-2013, 07:51 AM

Sounds real interesting to know about New York Underground & Fast Travel Site