PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, please continue to make AC games like 3.

LXQUICKJUSTICEx
11-24-2012, 10:54 AM
I loved Assassin's creed 1 but HATED AC2 and the two expansions it spawned. However, I think your 3rd AC game really brings the series back to its roots in glorious high definition spectacular graphics.

A lot of people never noticed that they sped up the attack speed after AC1. Personally, I thought AC2, brotherhood and revelations all looked absurd with player and enemy flopping about, striking wildly and with little realism. All of that is gone in AC3. The ridiculous "easy mode" that plagued all of Ezio's games is replaced with realistic looking and challenging combat mechanics. I played this game for hours on end the first night I bought it and just couldn't stop.

AC2 never did that for me... All I can say is, thank god there is no more easy mode and I'd like to see more in that direction. Plus, Conner is a very likable character and has nothing in common with the detestable Ezio blah blah blah auditore - "aka" - "generic action cartoon character."

It's been a long time since I really cared about the characters in an AC game, but I adore 3 as much as the original.

Ubisoft, PLEASE continue in this direction. You nailed it with the 3rd take on the series. I like 3 so much that I feel I have a duty to share my thoughts on my purchase
and how satisfied I am with it. AC2 all the way through revelations bored me to death because Ezio was such a plastic character. Not only could he kill everyone with
no training or combat background, but he also got all da ladies! Yeah! ...

No. Conner is the way to go. He is a phenominal perfect character. His background as a native american during the brutal time period around the revolutionary war is a stroke
of genius. I totally believe that he can kill up a storm, because he seems legit, just like altair.

Anyway, so yeah. Please make the games like 3 from now on :3 And I will be sure to buy them all. ( and for all Ezio fans, no disrespect, this is just my opinion. All of the AC games
are well made overall.)

ace3001
11-24-2012, 11:15 AM
All I can say is, thank god there is no more easy mode and I'd like to see more in that direction.Stopped reading right there. There is no difference in combat difficulty at all. The fact that you can't counter while blocking is offset by the fact that countering needs almost no timing at all, and they even slow down time to let you choose what action to take. And you consider this difficult?

LXQUICKJUSTICEx
11-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Stopped reading right there. There is no difference in combat difficulty at all. The fact that you can't counter while blocking is offset by the fact that countering needs almost no timing at all, and they even slow down time to let you choose what action to take. And you consider this difficult?

Yes I know, it's trololo time...

But this isn't about you. This is feedback for ubisoft coming from a fan of the series that has returned after seeing several things that he disliked in previous games. I won't argue with you since you couldn't even manage to read my entire post. Try reposting if you can bear to do that. If you can't handle a different opinion that's kind of sad.

ace3001
11-24-2012, 11:31 AM
"Yes I know, it's trololo time."
Someone doesn't agree with me, so he must be trolling. That's it, eh?

It isn't about me at all. You're saying you're a "fan of the series", but you liked only one game. You're a fan of that game, then. Not the series. But let's leave that aside. I didn't read the whole thing because what you are saying is not logical at all. You're just dissing AC2 as "easy mode" when AC3 is just as easy, if not easier.

However, I did read the whole thing afterwards, and none of what you say has any backing. You say that Ezio is detestable, and that he's a "generic cartoon action character" whereas Connor is a "phenomenal perfect character". These are just words with no evidence backing them. You have nothing to say as to why Ezio is detestable or as to why Connor is perfect.

"I totally believe that he can kill up a storm, because he seems legit, just like altair." So Ezio was "fake", then?

DeMoH93
11-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Well, I have to agree that combat is much better than in previous AC games. But imo in overall AC2 > AC3.

ace3001
11-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Well, I have to agree that combat is much better than in previous AC games. But imo in overall AC2 > AC3.Indeed, combat is better. It is more enjoyable. However, it's not any more difficult in the least.

MaceMagoo
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
I agree, OP, that AC3 is better in the combat department than AC2, B and R and I really enjoy in more than 'block, counter, block, counter' this feels far more fluid and how it was in AC1. But I really enjoyed AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations so can't agree with you there as AC games are about more than just fighting.

DerelictHuman
11-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Combat is still piss easy. I'm playing the game without countering anyone in combats. That way, it's better.

batman2050
11-24-2012, 12:46 PM
AC3 is a great game , Different approach from UBI , The game has more life , a breath taking in some points , but need more care for other points , I think the main story needed to be much longer , 12 squences has finished very fast , Combat is better than the past franchise , it`s more fluid and attractive fun , it`s not easy though , Conor is a bad ars but the designers should put his face into more life and could be a little smile on his face , he always angry and seems off sometimes , they should have made him as Ezio , a catchy man , women loves him and he fits to be as an assassin , as altahir , but Conor seemed like a man who dosen`t know what`s going on around him , of course he fights here and there with passion , but in the story he looks like he got to be an assassin out of his hands , like somebody has giving him the tools and told him , here you go , you are Conor as an assassin , Go fight , and that made him dosen`t fit 100% unlike altahir and ezio , UBI need to find a different interensting place such as China or Japan , or even Egypt with a throughtle kong fu fighting , AC3 beats AC2 in many aspects , But still AC2 beats AC3 in overhall ratings , because the main carecture has his own magic , places also play a great rule, as a fan here has mentioned before , Middle East is a good soil for AC franchise .

LXQUICKJUSTICEx
11-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Combat is more difficult in AC3 than previous games. Why? Because I never died 1 time during brotherhood and I think only like 2x during revelations before I stopped playing. I've died several times in 3 as I keep taking on 40+ enemies. Some weapons just don't work on certain enemies, which is something that I love.

If there are more AC games like 3 I'm in. And once again, the characters are incredible. I love every single one, whereas in AC2 -> revelations, I found myself utterly bored and the dialogue uninteresting. Obviously Ubisoft brought their A game to all of the assassin creed titles, but this new one is rated S for super. Characters make all the difference in a game about revenge. I must have played 11 hours in a row the first day I got it. I can't remember the last time I wasted an entire day like that >_^ and I'm thrilled.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Characters make all the difference in a game about revenge.
Did you even play AC3? It's not a game about revenge.

sargaz
11-25-2012, 04:04 AM
I liked assassin's creed 3 a bit less than brotherhood and revelations. But only because it seemed short, I wanted MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just didn't like how 5/12 sequences were his father/childhood making my upgrades and stuff feel useless. I honestly could have done none of the side missions and plow through the game within 10 hours or less. I spent a lot of time getting my homestead crew lvled up but it didn't really seem impactful at all. In brotherhood, getting all the stores and lvling your assassin's could have been done by sequence 6 or something and the rest of the game you can enjoy pwning people harder.

Other that detail, II do agree with you, lxquickjuice, this title was way more polished and dialogues were much more interesting. I really hope that Xbox and playstation come out with a new console soon because it is holding back the PC titles so much. If AC3 was designed for PC it would have been the most visually stunning game of the year. Tesselation from direct x 11 on the bricks and stones of every building in boston and new york would have been so great.

I think the quality of AC3 is not to be looked at independently of their entire franchise, they got to such a polished state due to AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, etc etc... Also, the historical data should have been much easier to find since it is more recent and in America. The Ubisoft team is from my home city Montreal! Our educational curriculum obliges us to take a few history classes in highschool that talk about all of that, so most people in the ac3 team was more familiar with the topic as opposed to the renaissance period.

I really love the game, and I am so sad I beat it already:( I wish there was 24 or 32 sequences... I even wish they put a cliff-hanger at the end of the game and expand more on connor in another game like they did with Ezio! O WELL

p.s. fix multiplayer pls