PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer issues still not fixed??

sand_anne
11-24-2012, 08:28 AM
The loss streak is still not working after 5 contract losses. The knife still doesn't work like it is supposed to. These issues were specifically mentioned as fixes in the Thanksgiving day patch. I have the patch on the 360 but still no fixes....what gives?? Getting frustrated! Anyone else having the same issues? I want my x2! I haven't had it once and I'm almost at prestige 1..... :(

Staple-Tape
11-24-2012, 08:31 AM
What is wrong with the knife? I've been using it since the beginning and have not had a single problem.

sand_anne
11-24-2012, 08:49 AM
When you use knives against a target, they aren't supposed to ve able to contest the kill. But people are still able to do it. The lack of the loss streak is the one that's really bugging me though :(

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 08:54 AM
One this should be in the MP forum :p
two, a bigger problem with knives, is that in SP they act like tomahawks
furthermore on your topic on loss streaks, skill overshadows these loss streaks, although I agree this is a problem.
finally, what do you mean aren't supposed to contest your kill?

Staple-Tape
11-24-2012, 09:01 AM
When you use knives against a target, they aren't supposed to ve able to contest the kill. But people are still able to do it. The lack of the loss streak is the one that's really bugging me though :(

Oh no that's not how it works. Knives decrease the kill/stun range. They don't prevent a kill/stun. First, throw knives at your target/pursuer. Then slowly walk towards him and mash the button. But be careful not to walk too close. Also, don't run. And remember that the knives only last about 3 seconds, meaning you have 3 seconds to get close enough to your target/pursuer to stun him. You can run towards them if they are far away, but once you get close, start walking.

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh no that's not how it works. Knives decrease the kill/stun range. They don't prevent a kill/stun. First, throw knives at your target/pursuer. Then slowly walk towards him and mash the button. But be careful not to walk too close. Also, don't run. And remember that the knives only last about 3 seconds, meaning you have 3 seconds to get close enough to your target/pursuer to stun him. You can run towards them if they are far away, but once you get close, start walking.
oh knives as in throwing knives, my bad

sand_anne
11-24-2012, 10:31 PM
First off, sorry for not posting this in the MP forums. I'm new here & didn't know there was one specifically for MP. My bad.

So does running negate the knives then? And is there any specific way to tell when the effect of the knives is over? Thanks for your help!

derfy2
11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
from the patch:
- Using Throwing Knives against a target now prevents the target from contesting the kill.

sand_anne
11-27-2012, 04:54 PM
So I've played four days in a row averaging four hours a day and still haven't gotten my loss streak after 5 or more contract losses, what gives? I know this was specifically mentioned in the patch. While I agree skill overshadows it, sometimes contracts are list before you can even get close to your target. And x2 was a great bonus in the past. Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

Other glitches/issues in multiplayer:

Characters floating in the air

Players who have just used a smoke bomb on me using it again less than 30 seconds later. Obviously quicker than any cool downs, even with crafting.

rkBrain
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I bet you just don't know that stunning someone resets your Loss Streak. You need to play really bad to get this bonus. To get Loss Streak you need to lose 5 contracts in a row without stunning anyone in the meantme.

sand_anne
11-28-2012, 04:33 AM
Really? How do you not stun someone! That sucks big time. I love the x2 such a great bonus. But the pleasure in stunning someone is just too much to give up. Thanks very much for letting me know rkBrain :)