PDA

View Full Version : AC3 season pass contest: question

john63
11-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi.

I heard earlier this week about a competition through Thanksgiving week (21st-26th), where whoever kills the most opponents in singleplayer wins a Season Pass. Does anyone know whether this applies only to the one winner, or the top 3, or the top 10, or top 100, or what? (The leaders have a ridiculous buffer zone of kills, and I'm wondering if I should expend the effort http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png )

Thanks.

LoyalACFan
11-24-2012, 08:31 AM
There hasn't been an official announcement here on the forums, so I'm doubting it's legitimate. It's possible, of course, but it seems like this would be something they'd want to advertise.

And if this were true, I'm sure they would only give it to a very few people, probably top 3 at the most. The people with the most kills are probably mostly the die-hard fans who would have bought the pass anyway, so Ubi would be losing a ton of money.

john63
11-24-2012, 08:51 AM
I also noticed that there was no official announcement here. Seemed very odd.

Here's the link to the website that lists the competition; let me know if this isn't legit. I'd hate to be losing sleep over this :P

https://assassinsnetwork.ubi.com/us/xbox/ac3

The contest is called "leave no witnesses."

LoyalACFan
11-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Seems legit to me... Strange it wasn't on the forums though. I say go for it!

BikZippo
11-26-2012, 05:58 AM
I killed almost 8k of regulars in an effort to compete, but I also found no "Official Rules" for the event anywhere in the forums or the Assassin's Network.
I made to 30th place and wracked my brain to figure out how Sylent_Echo was getting 14k kills a day.
With no official word as to the cut-off I just decided to lay off as I have a real life and didn't even enter until the 24th.
If you can play memory 10.3: Battle of Monmouth, that's the Cannon mission, I believe that's how the top 10 are doing it.
You can kill 20 red coats with one cannonball. I have to quit, because murdering for 40 hrs. is making me hate the game!
Plus I'm happy with being in the top 20 Jager killers in the world...
Hope that will help you move up the ranks. Kinda Shady to make 1,000 people play for a few $30.00 dlc's when you had &180,000,000.00 in game sales if you ask me...

montagemik
11-26-2012, 06:06 AM
I killed almost 8k of regulars in an effort to compete, but I also found no "Official Rules" for the event anywhere in the forums or the Assassin's Network.
I made to 30th place and wracked my brain to figure out how Sylent_Echo was getting 14k kills a day.
With no official word as to the cut-off I just decided to lay off as I have a real life and didn't even enter until the 24th.
If you can play memory 10.3: Battle of Monmouth, that's the Cannon mission, I believe that's how the top 10 are doing it.
You can kill 20 red coats with one cannonball. I have to quit, because murdering for 40 hrs. is making me hate the game!
Plus I'm happy with being in the top 20 Jager killers in the world...
Hope that will help you move up the ranks. Kinda Shady to make 1,000 people play for a few $30.00 dlc's when you had &180,000,000.00 in game sales if you ask me...

At a guess 14000 kills a day = NO JOB ............Could be wrong .

500 redcoats per replay of infiltrating southgate mission as haytham . But why waste full days for a 20 pass not valid until 2013 ? LOL

Fondle v Corpse
11-27-2012, 11:38 PM
the cannon fire one didn't work for the kills ....gay - Played sequence 2 Infiltrating southgate over and over - the part just after they teach you to do the human shield move - almost unlimited spawning, tho seems to die out between 600 - 800 kills
Im a little shocked about the no rules and such, but the news center on the single player disc had the event on it.. I'm second place with 17,000 more kills than 3rd place and less than 10,000 below the cheating first place - there was no rules posted but still I don't think he played fairly...or I should say THEY played fairly
8 days and 14 hours worth of single player time

and I really don't like the fact people seem to think the ones who get the highest kills/scores have no lives
it's not that we have no lives (speaking only for myself) but I was willing to put that life on hold to play and win

montagemik
11-27-2012, 11:43 PM
the cannon fire one didn't work for the kills ....gay - Played sequence 2 Infiltrating southgate over and over - the part just after they teach you to do the human shield move - almost unlimited spawning, tho seems to die out between 600 - 800 kills
Im a little shocked about the no rules and such, but the news center on the single player disc had the event on it.. I'm second place with 17,000 more kills than 3rd place and less than 10,000 below the cheating first place - there was no rules posted but still I don't think he played fairly...or I should say THEY played fairly
8 days and 14 hours worth of single player time

and I really don't like the fact people seem to think the ones who get the highest kills/scores have no lives
it's not that we have no lives (speaking only for myself) but I was willing to put that life on hold to play and win

I Said = NO Job , In order to get such a high lead so quickly , 1st place guy had to be playing almost 24 hrs a day (work it out)
You yourself are convinced HE / SHE (They) are cheating .........I Just assumed No job. or an extremely well timed week off work LOL.

Fondle v Corpse
11-27-2012, 11:46 PM
well in the US I don't think there was school and depending where you work I think you got the thanksgiving off/black friday...could be wrong - Im canadian and work from home on the phone so just threw the TV on mute and gave'er

montagemik
11-27-2012, 11:59 PM
well in the US I don't think there was school and depending where you work I think you got the thanksgiving off/black friday...could be wrong - Im canadian and work from home on the phone so just threw the TV on mute and gave'er

So a Global contest for all players where US players have an immediate advantage . Awesome . :rolleyes: