PDA

View Full Version : [EPILOGUE SPOILERS] Who is...?

Elegana
11-24-2012, 07:25 AM
This has been bugging me for quite some time now. Just who is the hacker who talks to the player (or mysterious person in the Animus) in the epilogue concerning the pivots? Here's some candidates of who it could be (collected from various forums):

1) An Abstergo Employee.
2) Erudito.
3) Mysterious Assassin Hacker.
4) Some random hacker who got his hands on an Animus and hacked it.

As for point #1, why would an Abstergo Employee need to hack the Animus? Wouldn't he just need to shift through the memories of Desmond if his goal is to upload the information? For point #2, I can see how it could be Erudito. He/They are well known for hacking, but why would he/they need to hack the Animus, let alone as Connor? I recall someone on this forums talking about how they input the code you get when you find all the pivots and they came out with "E", which I have seen when I played AC3: Liberation (Erudito tells you to find Citizen E). For point #3, it's possible that they're trying to see if Connor has anything else important. As for point #4, why would they even get involved?

Also, does anyone have any idea as to what the information could contain?

Speculate away!

LoyalACFan
11-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking Erudito. My theory- he messed around with Abstergo's tech during the events of Liberation and found out how they managed to allow a person to relive the genetic memories of someone they aren't related to; syncing the ancestor's data to the "Cloud". So he hacked Desmond's Animus, got his hands on Connor's data, and synced it to the cloud so someone else (possibly even Erudito) could pick through Connor's remaining memories and find something else of importance. The next AC may feature Erudito reliving Connor's memories to see if Connor ever found out more about Juno during his lifetime, perhaps a weakness that they could exploit to defeat her.

pirate1802
11-24-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm thinking Erudito. My theory- he messed around with Abstergo's tech during the events of Liberation and found out how they managed to allow a person to relive the genetic memories of someone they aren't related to; syncing the ancestor's data to the "Cloud". So he hacked Desmond's Animus, got his hands on Connor's data, and synced it to the cloud so someone else (possibly even Erudito) could pick through Connor's remaining memories and find something else of importance. The next AC may feature Erudito reliving Connor's memories to see if Connor ever found out more about Juno during his lifetime, perhaps a weakness that they could exploit to defeat her.

This theory has my Seal of Approval.
http://www.picslap.com/sites/default/files/field/image/sealofapproval.jpg

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 03:48 PM
It's not Erudito. Why would he react with, "Yeah, we're going to Vegas baby!"?

Most likely Abstergo.

Elegana
11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
It's not Erudito. Why would he react with, "Yeah, we're going to Vegas baby!"?

Most likely Abstergo.
But then why would they need to hack the Animus?

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 07:25 PM
But then why would they need to hack the Animus?

To sync it to the Cloud. My hypothesis is that they were using Desmond's (from AC1) or William's (from AC3) memories and wanted to store the memories in their new storage method, the mysterious "Cloud".

Mega8BitPanda
11-24-2012, 08:18 PM
My bet is more than likely Abstergo. Erudito, judging by the multiplayer videos, always uses some form of mask for his voice to sound somewhat robotic when hacking yet in the Epilogue it's rather normal and not altered. Perhaps it could be a group we haven't heard of yet?

It's kind of hard to tell how anyone got a hold of these memories without having access to Rebecca's animus. As far as I know, you have to be somewhat willing for the process of accessing memories to go smoothly, while forcing someone could take years. That's my understanding from what William said in AC1, anyhow. However, although I could see it being Desmond's or William's, since they've both been hostages at one point or another, I think it may well be Abstergo hacked in Rebecca's animus after the 2012 event. It would explain why they didn't relentlessly hound them like in AC2 and Brotherhood since I can't believe Rebecca could suddenly magically hide them on the surface. So maybe they let the group go as far as they did while downloading Desmond's sessions the whole game until the end result we see in the epilogue?

To be honest, this has got me thinking for a long time; Were it Abstergo, could the DLC for Washington be somehow canon? For instance, they release Liberation's memories as a home entertainment game, as well as the multiplayer in the AC Present Day. So with this in mind, could the fake, non-canons, memories of George Washington merely be altered memories to create propaganda by Abstergo from the memories extracted from Connor? It's a long shot but just because the memories are not cannon, I could still see them being written into the Present Day cannon in this manner.

Elegana
11-24-2012, 09:58 PM
To sync it to the Cloud. My hypothesis is that they were using Desmond's (from AC1) or William's (from AC3) memories and wanted to store the memories in their new storage method, the mysterious "Cloud".
Ahh, makes sense.

LoyalACFan
11-24-2012, 11:19 PM
My bet is more than likely Abstergo. Erudito, judging by the multiplayer videos, always uses some form of mask for his voice to sound somewhat robotic when hacking yet in the Epilogue it's rather normal and not altered. Perhaps it could be a group we haven't heard of yet?

But in this instance, it was just a somewhat candid moment where he's talking to himself or someone he knows, rather than projecting his voice to a stranger, so there would be no need for an electronic voice filter.

To be honest, this has got me thinking for a long time; Were it Abstergo, could the DLC for Washington be somehow canon? For instance, they release Liberation's memories as a home entertainment game, as well as the multiplayer in the AC Present Day. So with this in mind, could the fake, non-canons, memories of George Washington merely be altered memories to create propaganda by Abstergo from the memories extracted from Connor? It's a long shot but just because the memories are not cannon, I could still see them being written into the Present Day cannon in this manner.

I'm pretty sure they said outright that it's non-canon, because they had gotten severely negative feedback for releasing vital story content as DLC (looking at you, Lost Archive). I myself toyed with the idea of the Washington DLC being a sort of "vision"; if Washington got his hands on an Apple of Eden, perhaps the First Civilization would contact Connor again and show him how Washington would abuse such power, and encourage him to put a stop to it. After all, they managed to show him a vision of the future once before, in that flying eagle scene, and we know from the glyphs that Washington had a PoE at some point.

Mega8BitPanda
11-24-2012, 11:44 PM
But in this instance, it was just a somewhat candid moment where he's talking to himself or someone he knows, rather than projecting his voice to a stranger, so there would be no need for an electronic voice filter.

True enough though if you can hear him in the animus; would he take the risk? I mean, he's hacking into these files that either the Assassin's or Templar's could be monitoring, or they could well be monitoring him themselves. This is assuming the nature of these files are online, if he is indeed hacking into the cloud or uploading. I suppose, not knowing the true nature of how these files are being accessed outside of the animus, we could argue it is either or. That's just how it came across to myself, you could be right there in all honesty.

I'm pretty sure they said outright that it's non-canon, because they had gotten severely negative feedback for releasing vital story content as DLC (looking at you, Lost Archive). I myself toyed with the idea of the Washington DLC being a sort of "vision"; if Washington got his hands on an Apple of Eden, perhaps the First Civilization would contact Connor again and show him how Washington would abuse such power, and encourage him to put a stop to it. After all, they managed to show him a vision of the future once before, in that flying eagle scene, and we know from the glyphs that Washington had a PoE at some point.

True enough yet I would consider establishing who was behind the hack as "vital" in the sense it would have to be addressed in the next game regardless. Were merely done with as a side plot and then dropped completely in the next game, then I would agree completely, though drip feeding information I have no problem with. A vision would work and quite frankly, I'd like either; just some form of framing device given the animus literally is just a simulation and could allow any number of "non-canon" stories to be framed in just as much as the crystal balls in the First Civ' tech could.

I am, of course, playing with words here in the sense they've said the George Washington arc would be non-canon, though you never know given how tight lipped they keep to Present Day points, which is assuming they do any form of framing as I suggested; they could well just throw you into the story without any what-so-ever. It'd just be a pleasant surprise were they really to dive into the whole "Abstergo creating entertainment" idea as such and I do fully acknowledge it is a long shot and highly unlikely. :P

GosuGian
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Abstergo Employee.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 06:30 PM
My money's on Erudito.

AdrianJacek
11-25-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-3/achievement/72080-Head-in-the-Cloud.html
Check the Abstergo logo. MY money's on a poor but talented hacker. Possibly Shaun's... sister. After gender change.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-3/achievement/72080-Head-in-the-Cloud.html
Check the Abstergo logo. MY money's on a poor but talented hacker. Possibly Shaun's... sister. After gender change.
I'm not sure why the Abstergo logo would be an important clue.

AdrianJacek
11-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure why the Abstergo logo would be an important clue.
Because of 3 arrows that may symbolize data transfer.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Because of 3 arrows that may symbolize data transfer.
The data was transferred to the cloud. Don't you know what that is? The cloud is referring to online storage. I.e. they're making it accessible through the internet.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:42 AM
I think Erudito is an employee from Abstergo most likely, possibly working against them or for the hell of it just to see if they CAN hack the animus system .
Most likely they'll use any retrieved memories & data files from Animus sessions & make them available to any & everyone who wants to play Ancestors. .
Could be an integral part in the next AC game helping the Assassin order form a resistence among the populace that will be needed to stop Juno .

LightRey
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
I think Erudito is an employee from Abstergo most likely, possibly working against them or for the hell of it just to see if they CAN hack the animus system .
Most likely they'll use any retrieved memories & data files from Animus sessions & make them available to any & everyone who wants to play Ancestors. .
Could be an integral part in the next AC game helping the Assassin order form a resistence among the populace that will be needed to stop Juno .
Have you even played the other games? Erudito isn't Anonymous or something. They've hacked both the Assassins and the Templars and each time (as far as we know) they've done so to reveal certain information to certain people.

xboxauditore
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I personally think it's Alan Rikkin.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I personally think it's Alan Rikkin.
You think the CEO of Abstergo hacked the animus and uploaded it to the cloud? >_______>

xboxauditore
11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
you think the ceo of abstergo hacked the animus and uploaded it to the cloud? >_______>

.............dammit!

Maurice_Wijma
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Last post:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727689-a-question-spoiler-warning

This is all of the official information there is that I know of.

Elegana
11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
It's quite evident that Erudito is 100% against Abstergo. I don't see how Erudito could be an employee of an organization he/they so vehemently hate.