PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about this games deathmatch mode.

SageM1A
11-24-2012, 06:06 AM
I am new to AC multiplayer and just started trying it on AC3. I love manhunt, but deathmatch is the most played mode and the one my friends want to play.

Ok so to my knowledge it is impossible to have more than 1 target at a time in deathmatch. There are 8 people in a full room. Why am I CONSTANTLY the target of 3 people? Thats almost half the room on me and its the second I spawn. My place makes no difference either.....I just got out of a game in which I never could get above 4th because of the constant beating of 3 people hunting me the second I spawn. What is going on with this? I wanted to at least make a post about it before I shelf it as it seems this is a design choice in the game and I just don't understand it. Why is almost half the room hunting 1 player and why is it me? Its really ruining the game for me.

TLDR: In deathmatch why is almost half the room hunting 1 player and why is it me? Even if i am half way down the list from 1st place.

Snicklex
11-24-2012, 09:35 AM
I just does it at random. There are some rooms where I barely get more than 1 pursuer while even being in second place. Other times I'm in 6th-8th and I keep getting 2-3 pursuers. Sometimes the whole match I only get a total of 3 pursuers at all.

AntiChrist7
11-24-2012, 09:40 AM
WHy are you the target of more than 1 people? cause it doesnt work 1player-1 persuer. Some people have more persuers, some have none. Mostly people who are in the lead, but i have to agree, sometimes the people in 2-4th place seem to have more persuers than the guy in the lead. I once got 4men as nr.2, in ACR i never had 4 men after me as far as i can remember

Snicklex
11-24-2012, 09:56 AM
This allows some players to not have a pursuer. If it was 1-1 per person it would just be a mass train and everyone would just group up in one spot constantly. Plus have 3 people chase after one person gives it more of a challenge.

SageM1A
11-24-2012, 08:48 PM
thanks all for the replies. It does make sense in a way. I just don't understand punishing the same player like this over and over. I have adapted, but now that I actively pay attention to this I just played for a few hours and I noticed its kinda like the game "locks" people onto you. For example when I have 3 people on me I will go to some obscure corner to filter some of my pursuers in and have other people cut down on them before they make it to me. I can actually watch the pursuer die lose the arrow and when he respawns it puts him right back on me again over and over.

This may not be consistent, but it did happen a lot today..

Pieteris
11-24-2012, 09:13 PM
I just does it at random. There are some rooms where I barely get more than 1 pursuer while even being in second place. Other times I'm in 6th-8th and I keep getting 2-3 pursuers. Sometimes the whole match I only get a total of 3 pursuers at all.

It isn't possible to be in 7~8th place and have 2~3 pursuers. The better kill streak/higher place in match you have,more people gets you as targets. It's not random

SageM1A
11-24-2012, 11:41 PM
It isn't possible to be in 7~8th place and have 2~3 pursuers. The better kill streak/higher place in match you have,more people gets you as targets. It's not random

Yeah it does seem that this is the case for the most part. I saw the 4 people on you for the first time today. I just think its absurd to punish people for taking the time to get good at or practice enough to become good at something. Sure put 3-4 people on them for 2-3 deaths, but my god after that give it a rest. Don't pin them in the corner with half the room on them for 5 minutes or more. That's no fun at all....to anyone I think. If thats the way this game is supposed to be and its what its players are used to then fair enough. I'm new to it as I said. What a major damper on a pretty fun MP game though. There are better ways....not to mention the game putting you against people with similar rank off the jump. It is what it is though. Perhaps the game just isn't for me. I prefer to be punished for being stupid and playing bad and rewarded for being good and smart. I miss SOCOM 1 and SOCOM 2. What happened to games that had a pair.

aTotalPerson
11-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah, it sucks trying to escape more than 1 pursuer xD. I had 3 the other day, and I was hiding in a group with 2 other people who were my same character. One of my pursuers got the wrong guy and I stunned him, only to be killed by one of my other pursuers. Actually, that exact scenario happened twice yesterday. I feel like I should run more or try different strategies lol...