PDA

View Full Version : Horses and galloping

ace3001
11-24-2012, 03:48 AM
I dunno whether it's just me, but in the first Assassin's Creed, and to a slightly lesser extent in Assassin's Creed II, one of the most fun things for me was getting on a horse and galloping away. Especially in the vast open space between cities in Assassin's Creed. Can't exactly remember what it was called. Something like "Kingdom"? Not sure.

Anyway, my issue is, why has this "stamina" deal been introduced in AC III? It would've been really cool to just freely gallop through the Frontier. I don't think it's very realistic either. Surely, a horse can gallop for longer than that? Of course, I know nothing about horses, so maybe I'm wrong about that. What I feel is that it's one of those unnecessary "features" that have been added in. Thoughts? Anyone else who'd like to gallop through the frontier without that stamina limit?

Staple-Tape
11-24-2012, 03:54 AM
In my opinion, horse mechanics need some more work. But maybe that is because I spent too much time with Red Dead Redemption horses.

ZephyrStrife
11-24-2012, 04:56 AM
No, the horses definitely need more work. It's pretty sad that Connor moves faster than the horses. They were great in AC1.

ace3001
11-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Horses do need more work, of course, but with this useless added "feature", they're much slower than they can be. Sometimes, it's almost useless to call a horse to get to certain places in the frontier.

legends7788
11-24-2012, 05:28 AM
OH WE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT HORSES NOW, GREAT

Seriously with all the stuff happening around the world we complain about horses in a video game

mind blown

montagemik
11-24-2012, 05:30 AM
No, the horses definitely need more work. It's pretty sad that Connor moves faster than the horses. They were great in AC1.

I remember this too - at the time i was really impressed with the detail & movement of the horses in AC1 ..........AC3 is more like riding some tired out Donkey & they look Awful.
What happened ???

montagemik
11-24-2012, 05:32 AM
OH WE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT HORSES NOW, GREAT

Seriously with all the stuff happening around the world we complain about horses in a video game

mind blown

Seriously - I Have a sledgehammer with your name on it waiting good use in ac3 Multiplayer. :cool:

DemonLord4lf
11-24-2012, 05:35 AM
I agree! Also, weren't the horses able to swim in the first one? Its so annoying trying to get across a river with a horse...

legends7788
11-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Sigh i doubt anyone even rode a horse before

need i say it?

horses are fragile especially in winter or summer. Now if a horse had infinite stamina it wouldnt be realistic

if you were the horse and i told you to cross the river and risk yourself drowning would you do it?

stop whining

DemonLord4lf
11-24-2012, 05:56 AM
I was asking a question about the horses in the first game... not about realistic horses...

legends7788
11-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Ugh i played AC original for 50 hours and horses cant swim in that game. altair cant even swim. ac3 is more real as horses arent suppose to run 24/7

montagemik
11-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Sigh i doubt anyone even rode a horse before

need i say it?

horses are fragile especially in winter or summer. Now if a horse had infinite stamina it wouldnt be realistic

if you were the horse and i told you to cross the river and risk yourself drowning would you do it?

stop whining

Were you just hit too hard or ignored too much as a toddler .........i can't decide . Literally every topic we try discuss , you sidetrack with your inane crap . getting old fast.

legends7788
11-24-2012, 06:04 AM
sidetrack? im right on topic.

im reporting you for insulting my childhood

montagemik
11-24-2012, 06:05 AM
I was asking a question about the horses in the first game... not about realistic horses...

Doesn't matter what you ask - this is what legends does to every topic - he just spins ****

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Realism sometimes has to take a backseat to practicality or Rule of Cool. You do realise that most of Connor's moves are unfeasible in a real combat scenario, right? Ubisoft even stated themselves that they made the moves more crazy than the original concepts.

The fact is that at the moment it is faster to run as Connor than it is to use a horse. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm just stating how it is.

I'm having too much fun running around the trees to call a horse. :P

legends7788
11-24-2012, 06:06 AM
i should report you for harassment and cyberbullying

oh and i forgot extensive use of swear language

montagemik
11-24-2012, 06:06 AM

Consider yourself lucky i wasn't around to end it for ya . TRIANGLE button , bottom left corner . GO AWAY.

legends7788
11-24-2012, 06:08 AM
lol what are you talking about? are you going to talk about horses or not?

as for op, i think that ac3 horses are better because they are more real

but i do agree that connor's combat is a bit unreal

Dexter_8x
11-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Any way to make them STOP following me around when I get off? Its anoying when I get to a place and need to hide and there right behind me -_- SOMETIMES THEY PUSH ME and knock me down =/ BTW any1 else noticed last update improve horses a little? they seem to Jump over things more ofthen now...

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 07:28 AM

i should report you for harassment and cyberbullying

oh and i forgot extensive use of swear language
Please just stop, your making a fool of yourself.

On-topic. Yeah the stamina thing pisses me of too, I loved galloping through kingdom.

ace3001
11-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Realism sometimes has to take a backseat to practicality or Rule of Cool. You do realise that most of Connor's moves are unfeasible in a real combat scenario, right? Ubisoft even stated themselves that they made the moves more crazy than the original concepts.

The fact is that at the moment it is faster to run as Connor than it is to use a horse. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm just stating how it is.

I'm having too much fun running around the trees to call a horse. :P
It's not realism that I'm talking about. I'm talking about the new "feature" that is stamina, which just takes the fun of galloping through the frontier away. It's simply not necessary at all. Connor wouldn't be faster than horses (which is stupid in the first place, cause horses should be faster) if we could freely gallop like in AC and AC2.
And you may have fun running around trees, but that is irrelevant. Might as well remove horses from the frontier, then, going by that logic. Besides, there are many places not accessible via treetops.

On-topic. Yeah the stamina thing pisses me of too, I loved galloping through kingdom.This is exactly what I mean.
The stamina "feature" doesn't add anything to the game at all. It's not realistic, and it's not fun. It only reduces the fun you can have with a horse.

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 07:56 AM
It's not realism that I'm talking about. I'm talking about the new "feature" that is stamina, which just takes the fun of galloping through the frontier away. It's simply not necessary at all. Connor wouldn't be faster than horses (which is stupid in the first place, cause horses should be faster) if we could freely gallop like in AC and AC2.
And you may have fun running around trees, but that is irrelevant. Might as well remove horses from the frontier, then, going by that logic. Besides, there are many places not accessible via treetops.

This is exactly what I mean.
The stamina "feature" doesn't add anything to the game at all. It's not realistic, and it's not fun. It only reduces the fun you can have with a horse.
Hopefully this will change in patch 1.03, and not have this problem in AC [insert name here]