PDA

View Full Version : Please dont steal the torrent of our game, buy the sh1tty one that doesnt work (PC)

Dirtyhonkie
11-24-2012, 03:02 AM
If I just wanted to play story mode I could have gotten SKIDROWS copy, for free and days sooner.

Snicklex
11-24-2012, 04:27 AM
If the legit version doesn't work what makes you thing the pirated version will? Pirated versions usually have more issues than paid versions.

NataS_AU
11-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Pirated versions usually have more issues than paid versions.

That quite simply isn't true. It's the biggest reason I'm pissed off at the moment too. If I had pirated AC3 I'd be playing right now instead of being told my pre-order key isn't valid. Great work Ubisoft, you just lost another customer.

rmartinezdl
11-24-2012, 07:57 AM
well i have a friend who torrented it, while I preordered it, he cant play multiplayer because his game is not legit, i cant play after paying $50, he doesnt have uplay, we do have uplay, hes not having cd key erros, hes enjoying sp so far (he has a monster rig, and even there, ultra, no more thn 60 fps). sooo I preordered, and wheres my reward? oh dear ubisoft, its a shame u had to **** up with ac3 now i will have to torrent fc3, i didnt wanted to, but seriously u guys try so hard to keep us away from your games!

Snicklex
11-24-2012, 09:41 AM
That quite simply isn't true. It's the biggest reason I'm pissed off at the moment too. If I had pirated AC3 I'd be playing right now instead of being told my pre-order key isn't valid. Great work Ubisoft, you just lost another customer.

That has nothing to do with the game itself though. So your reason is invalid.

well i have a friend who torrented it, while I preordered it, he cant play multiplayer because his game is not legit, i cant play after paying $50, he doesnt have uplay, we do have uplay, hes not having cd key erros, hes enjoying sp so far (he has a monster rig, and even there, ultra, no more thn 60 fps). sooo I preordered, and wheres my reward? oh dear ubisoft, its a shame u had to **** up with ac3 now i will have to torrent fc3, i didnt wanted to, but seriously u guys try so hard to keep us away from your games!

I'm currently on Sequence 10 of SP, I've reached level 8 in MP. I get the occasional crash during SP, and I can barely play MP for more than two rounds.
You have to remember CD Key's have nothing to do with the game itself, and the torrented version is the exact same version we have. It just doesn't require a key. Not everyone who has PC is experiencing these issues. I see people on MP who have reached level 38.

ace3001
11-24-2012, 09:47 AM
@Snicklex: Semantics are irrelevant. The fact that pirates can play it and some legit customers can't is a pretty nasty thing. Whether the issue is with the game or the CD key, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is that someone who bought the game can't play it, whereas those who pirated it can. If you don't see there's a problem with that, well, nothing I can do to explain it further to you.
Don't get me wrong. You're right about it not happening to everyone. I haven't had any big issues with the game either, except for a problem with markers disappearing off the map which is fixable, making it only a minor annoyance. But the thing is, it shouldn't happen to anyone at all. Having a proper CD key verification system is no big deal. Screwing that up is not excusable.

Snicklex
11-24-2012, 09:53 AM
@Snicklex: Semantics are irrelevant. The fact that pirates can play it and some legit customers can't is a pretty nasty thing. Whether the issue is with the game or the CD key, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is that someone who bought the game can't play it, whereas those who pirated it can. If you don't see there's a problem with that, well, nothing I can do to explain it further to you.
Don't get me wrong. You're right about it not happening to everyone. I haven't had any big issues with the game either, except for a problem with markers disappearing off the map which is fixable, making it only a minor annoyance. But the thing is, it shouldn't happen to anyone at all. Having a proper CD key verification system is no big deal. Screwing that up is not excusable.

I agree with you fully, but what he was trying to say is the pirated version is better when in truth its not. The fact that pirated games are able to play due to the sole fact that CD Key's aren't working just says that UbiSoft didn't think this through and that the option TO pirate it better than paying for the game at this very point and time. Just because you pirate the game does not mean you will 100% have no bugs at all. That is what I'm trying to convey here and let them understand that fact.

A Pirated version can be way more unstable than the legit game if you get a bad torrent. A good torrent is only as good as it's source, which at this very moment the source is not very good.

pidy1
11-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Another pirate story, how scary.
If you have any actual proof that on the same pc the pirate version ac3 running with less efficiency or more bugs than original version just show it.
Or just drop the pirate excuse. Frankly it's getting old.
Not to encourage pirating,but to any game the playble version IS better than the unplayble one.

NataS_AU
11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
, but what he was trying to say is the pirated version is better when in truth its not

Ahhhh no. I was refuting your misguided idea that the pirated release would be worse. It would be exactly the same from a bug PoV and it would be much better from an actually being able to play it PoV.

Just because you pirate the game does not mean you will 100% have no bugs at all.

No-one said it would, were just pissed because at the moment pirating would have been the smarter move in order to play the game.

A Pirated version can be way more unstable than the legit game if you get a bad torrent. A good torrent is only as good as it's source, which at this very moment the source is not very good.

You find a decent group from a reliable source and it's all fine, the game would run (which at this point put's it miles ahead of the legit release) and the bugs would be no worse than they are for everyone else.

Ubisoft screwed up.....again, and I'm struggling to see why ANYONE would support them at this point.

Overnuts
11-24-2012, 11:10 AM
yeah they ask for contact customer support. but wheres the answer?

i just wanted to play this game.. now im thinking to get refund and pirate it..

many people having the same issue cant connect..:mad:

ace3001
11-24-2012, 11:10 AM
but what he was trying to say is the pirated version is better when in truth its not.His point was that while he can't play his legit copy due to the CD key issue, the person who pirated could play. In that case, one copy is playable, and the other copy is not. There, the playable copy is better. Simple logic. It's not a case of technical issues. He isn't saying that pirated copies are better than legit copies as a general statement. In fact, a working legit copy is a lot better, cause you can't play MP with the pirated copy. Just that a pirated copy would be better than what he has with him at the moment.