PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on crafting

bhammer1964
11-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Hi, i have a few questions for all you helpfull AC3 people.

1) I'm on sequence 6 which means I'm supposed to pick up the innkeeper homestead mission but its not showing up on the map. Is there some prerequisite I don't know about?

2) How do you know what level your artisans are?

3) When I go to craft something some of the artisans are red and un-chooseable. Are they busy, drunk or what?

4) If I miss leveling up someone in a previous sequence can i go back? How would I know how many levels are available in that sequence in the first place? If I don't level them up in the correct sequence are they stuck?

I think they could have given a little more help on the whole Homestead mini-game.

Thanks in advance.

Avagantamoz
11-24-2012, 01:44 AM
1. Not sure if it's a glitch but sometimes you have to get to the next sequence to unlock a homestead mission that should have been unlocked in the sequence prior.

2. They level up 1 level per mission you do for them. Not sure if there's a way to actually see their level though.

3. Red means they are not the required level.

4. Homestead missions are not exclusive to the sequence they are unlocked in. So if you don't do a mission in the sequence it's unlocked in, you won't be able to do any more missions for that character until the previous mission is done. In short, no, you don't lose the opportunity to do the mission and they don't get "stuck".

All this information is from the OSG and my experience after completing all homestead missions.

bhammer1964
11-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks,

And btw, the innkeeper is available in sequence 7, not 6.

COBRAMORPH
11-24-2012, 04:46 AM
I have a question, why the hell was crafting & hunting added.

Nothing included in AC3 made it better than the previous 3 games. Actually made it worse. Hunting is tedious & boring.

Crafting is pointless. Those weapon/pouch upgrades should be available from the artisan once they level up a bit.

The Homestead should have been like the villa in AC2.

Should have been able to purchase artwork.

All AC3 did was remove medicine, artwork, & armor. Nothing was added in their place except pointless fluff.

If it aint broke, do NOT change it.

ZephyrStrife
11-24-2012, 04:52 AM
I have a question, why the hell was crafting & hunting added.

Nothing included in AC3 made it better than the previous 3 games. Actually made it worse. Hunting is tedious & boring.

Crafting is pointless. Those weapon/pouch upgrades should be available from the artisan once they level up a bit.

The Homestead should have been like the villa in AC2.

Should have been able to purchase artwork.

All AC3 did was remove medicine, artwork, & armor. Nothing was added in their place except pointless fluff.

If it aint broke, do NOT change it.

Because it was meant to reflect the time period in which the game is set. That's what people did back then. Hunt animals for skins and pelts...to make money. It was very bare bones. They didn't have villas and shops to buy/profit. -___-

CalgaryJay
11-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Cobramorph, it sounds like instead of buying any more AC games, you should just play AC2 over and over again.

And hunting was great. Love how they got that stalking predator vibe going with Connor.

FreshGroundFX
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Cobra has a point. All the things they did add were literally pointless. However, to people that like to do side quests and spend time inside of a game for non-entertainment purposes, like collecting feathers or leveling lumberjacks inside of a game called Assassin's Creed, then these additions are welcome. But if you just want to do story mode and like you know.... assassinate people.... then hunting, crafting, trading, leveling artisans, collecting trinkets, and collecting feathers is all very, very, very useless.

montagemik
12-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Cobra has a point. All the things they did add were literally pointless. However, to people that like to do side quests and spend time inside of a game for non-entertainment purposes, like collecting feathers or leveling lumberjacks inside of a game called Assassin's Creed, then these additions are welcome. But if you just want to do story mode and like you know.... assassinate people.... then hunting, crafting, trading, leveling artisans, collecting trinkets, and collecting feathers is all very, very, very useless.

As opposed to all the very similar 'FLUFF' All the previous AC games had you mean ..............Buying stables , buying paintings , going to the BANK , Collecting Flags & FEATHERS.
Yeah this AC3 stuff was totally against what other games had ................BAD UBISOFT , BAD UBI . :nonchalance:

They should've given him his own squad & let him call in the odd Air strike instead - Non stop slaughter

VenomRitual
12-07-2012, 01:20 AM
encyclopedia of the common man is useless and broken. homestead missions are alsopretty lame. im kinda glad they got rid of armor though. it made the game more challenging. hunting is fun. im glad you can skip the slicing unlike in red dead redemption.