PDA

View Full Version : Horrible DistanceLOD - MaxNPCLODLevel...Can we change it???

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Come on guys lets get technical and to the point...
The overall graphics of the game are really nice when we are very close to NPCs but when we are quite far not much, the faces and clothes and the overall image of Npcs are all horrible...just horribley distorted...
Those to values DistanceLOD-MaxNPCLODLevel in most games deal with this problems but in AC3 we don't have them...Previous A.C titles had them...
So what can we do about it??? the faces are really ugly from a distance and pop ups are very annoying ..
I want to be able to increase my detail of objects in a distance and what I am able to see....

Any thoughts??? Solutions??? Personal experiences with these issues???

Yuzker
11-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I think you need to install AC2 engine somehow......

Gamer_1986
11-24-2012, 12:32 AM
I think you need to install AC2 engine somehow......
That's a very good idea if it's possible but I don't have any clue how to do it...

Joyner08
11-24-2012, 01:37 AM
That's a very good idea if it's possible but I don't have any clue how to do it...

That isn't possible since both games run on different variations of the Anvil engine.

The LOD might not be configurable anymore, it might be an engine restriction since it's running on DX11 now.

leroy19852010
11-24-2012, 02:04 AM
i know what you mean mate, it can be terrible, its not the npcs that bother me as i dont really notice it unless im looking for it, but the houses and grass, i mean even on consoles the view distants in ac2 on 360 looked amazing, was playing today thinkin wow, the grass in boston looks like a green nothing

Gamer_1986
11-24-2012, 08:05 AM
i know what you mean mate, it can be terrible, its not the npcs that bother me as i dont really notice it unless im looking for it, but the houses and grass, i mean even on consoles the view distants in ac2 on 360 looked amazing, was playing today thinkin wow, the grass in boston looks like a green nothing

Exactly...that's my point...How it's possible for the a previous game to have better LOD than the new one...It's silly,ugly and surely a very bad engine flow... It it possible to mod AC3 maybe and ENB or something will come out like Skyrim and which things like these are easily manageable by the player/mods...

That isn't possible since both games run on different variations of the Anvil engine.

The LOD might not be configurable anymore, it might be an engine restriction since it's running on DX11 now.
It's running on an ugly Direct11 I should say...and the funny thing is that my p.c has the ability to run this game with more hard graphics and options and they take this options away from us...

REALLY BAD CUSTOMER POLICY UBISOFT...
Porting a game to p.c with limited (come on all we know it) console options and settings is not for p.c users...