PDA

View Full Version : Help

Hector12_237
11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I am not really getting to grips with defending myself against wolves and such like.I have tried pressing the "E" key then "Space" but nothing happens most of the time and i desycn.The only time i got this to work was when Haytham first encountered wolves.I managed to kill one,then the controls didnt seem to respond for the second wolf.Tried again and managed two of them but on the third nothing happened and i died/desynced.Again and again and, etc
Could someone plese explain the knack to this as its becoming very embarrassing and frustrating trying to get it to work

I am on PC Keyboard and Mouse.

Thanks for your help

Hector.

MrMactu
11-25-2012, 07:19 AM
I faced the same problem. It's especially hard to get past the wollves with only 8 shots. If you picked the chest lock and got the 1250 gold, find a caravan or shop and buy at least 4 more cartidges. Then you shoot the wolves as soon as they are targeted. Shoot and run because they respawn. The YouTube #17 video shows victorious bare handed combat, but that did not work for me either. It would help if I had a manual. The in-game instructions lack far more than they provide..

By the way, does anyone with experience or a manual know what the question mark box in the upper right of the screen mean? I saw it several times while looking for the fleeing mystery lady. thank you.

Kytr
11-27-2012, 12:37 AM
When wolves (or any other offensive animal) attack, you will need to press 2 keys. I play on PS3, so I will be giving those. The first will be the O key. The other will be either X, Square or Triangle. You CANNOT hit the keys before they pop up on screen -- those presses don't count.

Wolves can be hard -- the time you have to react seems shorter for them than any other animal. It improves a bit if you are facing them and make them attack from a greater distance.