PDA

View Full Version : Age failures

Rithrius
11-23-2012, 10:15 PM
The last sequence you play as Haytham, it says it took place in 1755. Then when you start playing as Connor, it says 1760, meaning Connor would be 4-5 years old at the time. The thing is he acts and looks far too old to be only 5 years old.

Another weird thing is Charles Lee and Thomas Hickey, who didn't seem to age at all between 1755 and the time of their deaths.

Thomas Hickey especially. He looked like he was between the age of 20-25 during the Haytham sequences, which means he should be between 40-45 during the Connor sequences. In terms of appearance, that would have to be a huge difference.

Honestly, I haven't seen an age consistency failure like this since Fable 1...

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed about Connor when I first saw him. Not to mention Haytham didn't even fall for Ziio until mid-July of 1755, which means even if they conceived Connor right there on the cave floor, there wouldn't be enough time for a full nine-month pregnancy before the year was out, meaning he was born in 1756. Then I saw the 1760 date, and I was like "WTF, that is a GIGANTIC 4-year-old." I don't agree about Charles Lee, though. He looked believable as a 50-year-old. Maybe it was just because he was so filthy and disheveled, but he definitely looked different than the clean-cut young soldier Haytham met.

Aging problems are nothing new for the series, though. They did a pretty good job with Ezio himself, but Leonardo and Claudia didn't age over the course of 30 years in AC2, lol. They still looked like teenagers when they should have been in their 40s. Claudia was especially bad, because she didn't age in ACB either. At least they slapped a beard on Leo.

InfectedNation
11-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Hickey, and Lee became more wrinkly and grew more facial hair. Haytham went grey. Pitcairn and Church got really old and a little fat.

EDIT: I have to admit though... it was hard to believe Charles wasn't going grey by the end.

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Hickey, and Lee became more wrinkly and grew more facial hair. Haytham went grey. Pitcairn and Church got really old and a little fat.

EDIT: I have to admit though... it was hard to believe Charles wasn't going grey by the end.

Well, he was only 50. Ezio wasn't going grey by the end of Brotherhood.

Durakken
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
if it makes you feel any better there is even disagreement between speech vs stated time passage on the HUD... Conner says "the years passed" but the thing says "6 months later" i thought it was funny.

Rithrius
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Aging problems are nothing new for the series, though. They did a pretty good job with Ezio himself, but Leonardo and Claudia didn't age over the course of 30 years in AC2, lol. They still looked like teenagers when they should have been in their 40s. Claudia was especially bad, because she didn't age in ACB either. At least they slapped a beard on Leo.

That, and 17 year old Ezio looked the same as 30 year old Ezio :P

Haytham went grey. Pitcairn and Church got really old and a little fat.
I never really noticed Pitcairn and Church much, seeing as they weren't very memorable to me to begin with, but Haytham was messed up as well, imo.

All they did to Haytham was give him grey hair, as if that adds 20 years. They could have done so much more. Make his voice heavier like they did with Ezio. Maybe give him a beard, or longer hair.

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 11:36 PM
That, and 17 year old Ezio looked the same as 30 year old Ezio :P

Well, to be fair, we skipped straight from age 27 to age 40. 17 to 27 isn't THAT much of a difference.

FirestarLuva
11-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Connor was born in 1756. Just check the wiki.
As for age, Ubi have never been the best at aging characters in games, but they did well on Connor, I've seen people complain about him looking older than his age, but the natives age very differently and not just the face, but their whole body, they're very big even as kids, at least the males. And keep in mind that Connor was raised in the forest, lived in harsh weather conditions, had to do hard work even as a child unlike Ezio who grew up in a rich family and had a good childhood.
I liked how they aged Ezio as well, the only thing they could've added was some grey hairs on his beard in ACB, like in the promotional pictures.
But, still, Ubi must have a problem with age since I've lost count how many times I went WTF when a character revealed his/her age. For ex, Machiavelli in AC2. He didn't even look 19! And Sofia. She was 38 but looked 25.
But, in my opinion the most age-raped character in the AC universe has to be...Claudia. (if you've played AC2/B you'd know what I mean)

xboxauditore
11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I noticed this with Francesco de' Pazzi and his son Vieri, I quote the wiki here:

"According to Vieri's date of birth, Francesco was 15 years old when his son was born."