PDA

View Full Version : ASC3SP.EXE has stopped working

shenato
11-23-2012, 10:14 PM
ok so i cant play single player every time i get an error for asc3sp.exe(stopped working) fix it or i want my money back NOW

casaeminem
11-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah I have this problem :((( what now ?

tigidx33
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Same problem for me :/

kapten8689
12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
i have the same problem!!! and i see no answer from ubisoft in support and here in forum...that gets me so angry!!! :mad::mad:

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
This kind of crashes are hard to analyze and fix. It is good to try to install driver updates, windows updates from control panel/windows update and emptying temporary, cache, prefetch folders but the quickest and giving 100% solution is just to reinstall windows from scratch, installing only basic stuff like drivers, system updates, the most important programs and plugins, without installing all oem crapware delivered with pre-installed windows.

kapten8689
12-11-2012, 03:56 PM
This kind of crashes are hard to analyze and fix. It is good to try to install driver updates, windows updates from control panel/windows update and emptying temporary, cache, prefetch folders but the quickest and giving 100% solution is just to reinstall windows from scratch, installing only basic stuff like drivers, system updates, the most important programs and plugins, without installing all oem crapware delivered with pre-installed windows.

It plays only in multiplayer mode!! problem is in singleplayer mode!! I reinstall and istall the game but nothing!! i try in other PC but the same problem again!!!
If my windows sytem has a problem how is possible and plays only multiplayer mode???

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Multiplayer and singleplayer in ac3 are very different in technical way, they are even on different versions of engine, and more: sp is dx11 but mp is dx9. Really, between these two is a lot of differences.

kanerush
12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
same here :nonchalance:

Mc.bQnne
12-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I've got the same issue, and it's really annoying. The original game is more unstable than the average crack of any other title found online! How can the producers like you, Ubisoft, demand money from us, if what you deliver is so poor?

kapten8689
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Multiplayer and singleplayer in ac3 are very different in technical way, they are even on different versions of engine, and more: sp is dx11 but mp is dx9. Really, between these two is a lot of differences.

How you explain then that i try game with other pc (with acceptable requirements) and the same problem continues?????

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I can explain it with it that as you see you are not alone and other gamers with other configurations are facing similar problem.

kapten8689
12-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I can explain it with it that as you see you are not alone and other gamers with other configurations are facing similar problem.

and now wait Ubisoft to fix it??? if can fix it!!! understood... (money back) :mad:

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Ubisoft will not fix your mess on your windows. Usually reason of this kind of crashes is in installed crapware, old drivers and lack of installed updates or god knows where xD

If crash report gives any error code or something like this you should to retype this error code to google and find solution to it. I'm finding solutions to 97% of this kind of crashes... if they are giving crash report.

JerkMan219
12-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Ubisoft will not fix your mess on your windows. Usually reason of this kind of crashes is in installed crapware, old drivers and lack of installed updates or god knows where xD

If crash report gives any error code or something like this you should to retype this error code to google and find solution to it. I'm finding solutions to 97% of this kind of crashes... if they are giving crash report.

Ok hey listen, I just reinstalled Windows my Win 7 after buying a new Z77 MoBo and I'm here because I'm having the same issue. I clean reinstalled all the drivers and my system is clean, this isn't my first rodeo. I started getting the error after playing around with the Windows Experience Index. All my other games run just fine. I play at 5760x1080 with 2xGTX 680s. I have all the latest drivers for everything, I just need to know how to fix the installation, like many other games can, if possible. I'm not getting an error code. I, like A LOT of Ubi's recent PC customers, are EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with their customer service and general lack in quality and control regarding their PC products. Cut the dude some slack, English is clearly not his first language and honestly I can't blame him for being angry.

I want to add that everything was working fine after the install, and I was playing the game before it stopped working, took a break, and now it's not.

EDIT: Ok so the following worked for me:
ISSUE: I painstakingly reinstalled the entire game (what I was trying to avoid), and lo and behold, same issue.
To describe it better, when I stated the game (my default setting is 5760x1080), it would either treat the middle screen like it was a surround and start up in only the middle third of it, or after the title screen, it would threat the middle screen as if it was the entire three-screen surround setup and load the entire FOV of 5760 on one screen, looking "smushed." Shortly thereafter the game would crash and I would (not every time) get the "ASC3P.EXE has stopped working" message.

FIX: From the start menu "Games" right-clicked on AC3 and clicked "Run as administrator" and started the game. After confirming it worked, I exited. I deleted the desktop shortcut I had been using. Right-clicking again on the game in the start menu folder and sent a shortcut back to the desktop. The shortcut seems to be working, at least for now.

How do I get a moderator to sticky this? I feel this could help others...

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Later i will finally edit my faq with many tips ;-)

Anyway, runing games as administrator should be default setting to avoid things like this. It is one of my basic advices i'm giving to people when they have problems with games.

kanerush
12-12-2012, 05:55 PM
im reinstall all windows, update all drivers, install only windows and ac3, run as administrador and dont work, have the same problem:
AC3SP.exe stopped working

Mc.bQnne
12-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Later i will finally edit my faq with many tips ;-)

Anyway, runing games as administrator should be default setting to avoid things like this. It is one of my basic advices i'm giving to people when they have problems with games.

I tried this already, but if I launch the exe-file, the uplay launcher starts where i have to start the game manually

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Set it permanently. Click with right mouse button on .exe file, go to properties, tab "compatibility" and check in there "run this program as an administrator", click ok and launch the game from uplay.

Mc.bQnne
12-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Set it permanently. Click with right mouse button on .exe file, go to properties, tab "compatibility" and check in there "run this program as an administrator", click ok and launch the game from uplay.

Oh I have done that. :P
Still no luck

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I've just updated my faq, check it out, maybe you may find something interesting in there.

kapten8689
12-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi again
i talk with the shop who i bought the game and i return the game back to check if has a problem.
They checked the game and they told me, game has a problem and there wasn't problem with my PC.
Shop will give me tomorrow new game without pay again and i hope to play!!!
my proposal for other users who have the same problem is ''RETURN THE GAME BACK TO THE SHOP"!!