PDA

View Full Version : New Game all naval?

Tsuzukie
11-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone,
Is there any talk of a full game with just the naval aspect?
Not another AC but a stand alone game. I think the naval part of AC3 is great! If they could make a pirate game with this kind of sea adventure gameplay I would buy it today!!! With different ports to sail to and an open world sea! The ocean is the best I have seen in any game yet and the ship controls are cool. The ship as your home with a whole beneath deck areas for cargo and maybe a captains quarters for trophies and maps.. maybe a little treasure hunting?
Dont get me wrong AC 3 is a great game but I see so much potential in a naval simulation game I had to post.

Kardall79
11-23-2012, 09:38 PM
There was an MMO being developed that has a really extensive naval battle system. I think it was korean or something like that. But I haven't heard anything about it for a long time and I have forgotten the name.

Tsuzukie
11-23-2012, 10:11 PM
I was hoping a new game using this engine... but I would love to see another pirate game with some legs to it! Sea Dogs was heading in the right direction but fell a little short. With todays engines making seas like the ones in AC3 I think its about time someone tackled a really in depth pirate game! Not a cartoony thing but something more like AC3 style. I just dont like the mission type of AC3 I want to sail around in an open world setting. Maybe throw in some mermaids and a kraken or two just to liven up a long travel. Of course it would be cool to have some off ship wandering like find map pieces from ships you board and then go look for treasure on a hidden island. I would love to see a more realistic sailing sim but Im not against some mythology thrown in. I have been waiting for a good sailing game since Sea Dogs but maybe im the only one... :)

DerelictHuman
11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
If you're just into the Naval segment of the game, and if you want to control a full-scale navy, YOU SHOULD GO BUY EMPIRE OR NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR. Those games rock when it comes to ship battles. It's not 3rd person, it's isometric ofc. But you can still manually control when to attack and how to attack of EVERY SHIP in the battle that belongs to you. And with great animations, too. If you're blown buy the sea graphics of AC3, Total War will definitly kill you. The amount of detail is superb...

Tsuzukie
11-24-2012, 12:11 AM
cool I will check those out... ive tryed total war in the past but not those versions.