PDA

View Full Version : Post Thanksgiving Patch glitches worst than ever.

Karlfucious
11-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Ubisoft do you even bother to beta test your games. This is pure ridiculous. What is even worse is that you release a patch that breaks the entire game. Now twice in one day the game has locked up during loading screen which is corrupting my game saves. First time was at the end of sequence 10 causing the animus to run constantly never loading the next scene. After a few mins Something happened Conner starts dropping in and endless fall. So Restart game. Will not load Desmond gets stuck in loading screen. So I delete game save and start over. Now Sometime in sequence 2 I skip cinematic and it completely locks up my PlayStation causing me to force reboot. Even after I reboot and try to reload the save game. Still locks up.

Long story short. Test stuff before you release it. I could honestly live with the visual glitches. I really didnt care. But this is just pure ridiculousness. You need to fire every beta tester you have on staff of you even employ any.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 08:22 PM
You need to fire every beta tester you have on staff of you even employ any.
If they do that, who`s gonna test the next patch ?;)

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Well its nice to know that even the attempts at fixing some of the ever piling BS hasnt worked

Karlfucious
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
if they do that, who`s gonna test the next patch ?

True that.
But seriously there is nothing more frustrating than almost completing a game and the think take a dump on you. I love this game but if its going to crash on me like that I will have to put it on the shelf for a while. I could honestly look past the floating crowds and people impaled by trees. Even getting stuck wasn't an issue cause you could just fast travel out of it. Hopefully they will resolve this issue quickly.

ZephyrStrife
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Odd. Running fine for me. Though I did notice the Animus loading screen takes longer now. That's the problem with patching. The more you try to fix things, the more likely you're going to break something else unintentionally.

ACfan443
11-23-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm actually going to have to agree, I had a pretty seamless experience after the day one patch, pretty much no bugs. But after the thanksgiving patch I'm starting to have problems, I get weird grainy textures over cliff faces, floating trees, really annoying drops in frame rate and a few other things. And to anyone who tells me to delete the update, I want to keep it because it does address a few issues prior to download, and I also want to keep the hood up.

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm actually going to have to agree, I had a pretty seamless experience after the day one patch, pretty much no bugs. But after the thanksgiving patch I'm starting to have problems, I get weird grainy textures over cliff faces, floating trees, really annoying drops in frame rate and a few other things. And to anyone who tells me to delete the update, I want to keep it because it does address a few issues prior to download, and I also want to keep the hood up.

Good for you man you would rather have a broken game that has issues rather than walk around with your hood down. People are pathetic on a whole new level. That hood stuff was just to stupid

jamgamerforever
11-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I've uninstalled it. Hopefully, Ubi's next attempt will be better.

Jexx21
11-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I dunno if you realize, but not everyone has these issues. If your game is running perfectly on the thanksgiving patch, why should you delete it?

jamgamerforever
11-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I dunno if you realize, but not everyone has these issues. If your game is running perfectly on the thanksgiving patch, why should you delete it?

Because of the incredibly annoying, "Press O/B" to skip prompt whenever you're trying to enjoy the story? :(

Jexx21
11-23-2012, 09:36 PM
oh.
right.
I hate that too

ZephyrStrife
11-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Because of the incredibly annoying, "Press O/B" to skip prompt whenever you're trying to enjoy the story? :(

Then kindly do yourself a favor and stop glancing to the right corner of your screen. Talk about nit-picking. I mean, I'm annoyed that the dyed outfits don't show up in the cinematics as that breaks immersion, but you don't see me making 20 threads complaining about it, do you?

ACfan443
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Good for you man you would rather have a broken game that has issues rather than walk around with your hood down. People are pathetic on a whole new level. That hood stuff was just to stupid

Maybe if you read my post that little bit more carefully, you would have seen that I mentioned the new patch fixes other problems which I experienced. I didn't voice my opinion about the hood before because I wasn't too fussed about it being down. But now that it's back up, I actually prefer it that way. Is there any problem with that? No. Because it's my preference.

InfectedNation
11-23-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm noticing many more graphical glitches since the patch... but nothing serious.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 11:09 PM
What if those graphical issues............were actually a plan to increase the rate of frames per second D:

pacmanate
11-23-2012, 11:14 PM
What if those graphical issues............were actually a plan to increase the rate of frames per second D:

Then they failed

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Then they failed
Exactly.. D:

Dagio12
11-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Either I don't complain much, things don't bother me that much, Im very unobservant, or I just got the 1 in a million game that didnt have many bugs/glitches... with, or without the patch... I must be lucky :)

StUbbZ24
11-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Either I don't complain much, things don't bother me that much, Im very unobservant, or I just got the 1 in a million game that didnt have many bugs/glitches... with, or without the patch... I must be lucky :)

I know exactly what you mean.

rego00123
11-24-2012, 12:06 AM
already noticed map markers off there location and had 3 lock ups. before this patch 30 hours of nothing but minor annoyances..minor annoyances with lock ups. fantastic!

kinda like those people "who have a prefect copy of the game and have no framterate issues" ?

yah...
this is why you cant really take most people serious on here.

Assassin_M
11-24-2012, 12:12 AM
yah...
Have some respect...not his fault you have bugs..

You have my sympathies, but be respectful...I know you`re angry, so calm down

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Then kindly do yourself a favor and stop glancing to the right corner of your screen. Talk about nit-picking. I mean, I'm annoyed that the dyed outfits don't show up in the cinematics as that breaks immersion, but you don't see me making 20 threads complaining about it, do you?

If only it were that simple... knowing it is there draws my attention to it.

The thing is - it was fine at launch. They made it worse via patch.

Dagio12
11-24-2012, 12:32 AM
kinda like those people "who have a prefect copy of the game and have no framterate issues" ?

yah...

whoa, calm down, I have just as much of a right to get on here and tell people that my game works fine, as everyone else has a right to complain.... and no, I havent had any framerate issues, sorry?.. let me apologize for that.

Look, I can sympathize with people that have legit issues with the game, so I do feel bad if your experience is short of excellent, but ive seen way to many posts where its clear that people are just complaining for the sake of complaining and exaggerate issues like there lives depend on it. My point was to show that not every copy of the game is a buggy mess, as I have had a pretty smooth experience. ma bad!

ZephyrStrife
11-24-2012, 12:36 AM
already noticed map markers off there location and had 3 lock ups. before this patch 30 hours of nothing but minor annoyances..minor annoyances with lock ups. fantastic!

yah...

Well, I'm also one of those people that isn't having a hard time with glitches. Admittedly, ran into a few, but they're funny, non-breaking game glitches. Take me seriously or not. Maybe its a console issue? I'm on PS3.

Assassin_M
11-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Well, I'm also one of those people that isn't having a hard time with glitches. Admittedly, ran into a few, but they're funny, non-breaking game glitches. Take me seriously or not. Maybe its a console issue? I'm on PS3.
Apologize to him for not having any game-breaking bugs..how dare you not have a glitchy game ?

Karlfucious
11-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Ok I can confirm the patch is the problem. Re installed the game without the patch and game will now load where it would not load with patch. Maybe XBox version is working but PS3 patch is broken.

BeCk41
11-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Odd. Running fine for me. Though I did notice the Animus loading screen takes longer now. That's the problem with patching. The more you try to fix things, the more likely you're going to break something else unintentionally.

THIS^ as we've come to notice in all the games.

Veiyloxx
11-24-2012, 09:19 PM
i never even got a patch... its never asked me to update or anything, looks like i got lucky with that though, but i had problems before mostly in New York. i cant talk to 2 of the would be assassins even though i completed the missions and i liberated the forts there and it doesnt show i did and they dont show up either on the map... I have never had any problems with games i have played except this one

killzab
11-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Can you actually remove the patch ?? On the PS3