PDA

View Full Version : Encyclopedia of Common Man Question...Warren and the Windmill

ntguru
11-23-2012, 07:30 PM
I am one of the many with the bugged farmers quest. Even after the patch. I have never seen Warren doing anything at the Windmill. Is he at the Windmill on the hill past the farm or are people talking about the lever/crane thing next to the house (near where Prudence bakes bread). Are there some activities that they do earlier in the game but no longer do once their farm is complete? I have never, ever seen Prudence churn butter nor Warren by the "Windmill" or lever/crane thing by the house. Not once and I have spent the better part of 6 hours following them around, zoning in and out, walking away and coming back etc.

StarzSuicide
11-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I am one of the many with the bugged farmers quest. Even after the patch. I have never seen Warren doing anything at the Windmill. Is he at the Windmill on the hill past the farm or are people talking about the lever/crane thing next to the house (near where Prudence bakes bread). Are there some activities that they do earlier in the game but no longer do once their farm is complete? I have never, ever seen Prudence churn butter nor Warren by the "Windmill" or lever/crane thing by the house. Not once and I have spent the better part of 6 hours following them around, zoning in and out, walking away and coming back etc.

I can promise you he goes to the windmill ( the giant one near the farm) sadly I ran over to him JUST as he left the windmill an his aura went from gold to blue just as I scanned him I was pretty pissed cus I'm stuck at 3/3 an the is probably the one thing I don't have scanned.

However Prudence DOES NOT churn butter. My proof? When you make it winter, the churn vanishes. If it was npc infers able it wouldn't, nor does anyone have a Pic or vid

ntguru
11-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the reply Starz. Any advice on how I can catch him at the Windmill? We are talking about the one on a little hill just past the farm correct? Winter or summer? Its the on thing I haven't scanned. Thanks.

StarzSuicide
11-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Not a problem, it was summer, you can turn on Always Daytime to help, just wait around, I'm gonna start waiting later when wife heads to work. It's all we can do

GolfPro72
11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Not a problem, it was summer, you can turn on Always Daytime to help, just wait around, I'm gonna start waiting later when wife heads to work. It's all we can do

Not to be a downer but Always Daytime probably won't work. Nothing gets recorded or saved if you use any of the Animus Hacks.

I was unaware of this windmill thing...I'm going to have to see if that will work for me. I could have sworn that I scanned everything that Warren and Prudence did, but I'd be pretty happy if I missed something and was able to get this one. Still, it sucks for anyone who has in fact scanned all activities, because there is literally nothing they can do.

Staple-Tape
11-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Not to be a downer but Always Daytime probably won't work. Nothing gets recorded or saved if you use any of the Animus Hacks.

I was unaware of this windmill thing...I'm going to have to see if that will work for me. I could have sworn that I scanned everything that Warren and Prudence did, but I'd be pretty happy if I missed something and was able to get this one. Still, it sucks for anyone who has in fact scanned all activities, because there is literally nothing they can do.
Actually the weather changer and season changer hacks don't affect saving. You can still save with them on.

StarzSuicide
11-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Weather season and day/night are the only hacks that don't effect saving, it's Proven

montagemik
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
PRUDENCE DOES CHURN BUTTER ......That's the task i scanned for Her , I scanned Warren feeding chickens & ploughing. All in the summertime.

Warren activities = Keeping bees , shoveling hay ,feeding chickens, ploughing a field, tending the crops, working at the windmill.carrying produce crates.
Prudence activities = Baking bread , processing flax/herbs, making butter, milking cows, plucking a chicken, herding the pigs.

StarzSuicide
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
PRUDENCE DOES CHURN BUTTER ......That's the task i scanned for Her , I scanned Warren feeding chickens & ploughing. All in the summertime.

Warren activities = Keeping bees , shoveling hay ,feeding chickens, ploughing a field, tending the crops, working at the windmill.carrying produce crates.
Prudence activities = Baking bread , processing flax/herbs, making butter, milking cows, plucking a chicken, herding the pigs.

Pics or it didn't happen

montagemik
11-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I Have a trophy that kind of says it did -

StarzSuicide
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
No that doesn't prove she makes butter

montagemik
11-23-2012, 11:25 PM
No that doesn't prove she makes butter

I've listed every task warren & prudence carry out & Zero reason to lie about which tasks i scanned for their entries & even less to gain by doing so.
Your disbelief is your concern alone - not mine. Sorry

LightRey
11-23-2012, 11:26 PM
I've never seen him use the windmill and I've never needed him to.

ntguru
11-24-2012, 06:48 AM

Is it possible I haven't seen it because I already finished the game and all the homestead missions?

ntguru
11-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Any updates on this? Still trying to figure out if I am not seeing Windmill activity due to having finished the game and homestead missions.

GolfPro72
11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I can confirm that this works. I just scanned Warren at the windmill and the achievement popped and the log updated.

One thing I should point out is that Warren didn't actually walk up to the windmill...he just appeared there after plowing the fields for what seemed like eternity. I ran off for literally 15 seconds, came back, and he was no longer in the field. I was standing at the windmill at the time and was looking for him. When I couldn't find him in the field, I turned around, and like magic, he was there at the windmill. I scanned. and bingo.

Hopefully others haven't scanned this activity yet (honestly I had no idea this was even an activity), because this does work, at least for XBOX. And I have finished the game, so he will eventually go to the windmill in that scenario.

Thanks for the information all.

ntguru
11-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I can confirm that this works. I just scanned Warren at the windmill and the achievement popped and the log updated.

One thing I should point out is that Warren didn't actually walk up to the windmill...he just appeared there after plowing the fields for what seemed like eternity. I ran off for literally 15 seconds, came back, and he was no longer in the field. I was standing at the windmill at the time and was looking for him. When I couldn't find him in the field, I turned around, and like magic, he was there at the windmill. I scanned. and bingo.

Hopefully others haven't scanned this activity yet (honestly I had no idea this was even an activity), because this does work, at least for XBOX. And I have finished the game, so he will eventually go to the windmill in that scenario.

Thanks for the information all.

Golf you have given me some hope. Last night I literally stood at the Windmill for almost 2 hours watching Warren plow over and over. What direction did you run when you ran off for "15 seconds"? I had been running up towards the miners cabin.

TwelveAlpha
11-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I can say that after having 100% completion I was able to see Warren at the Windmill. I didn't even realize he went up there or even where it was until I read about it recently. Then I looked on my map and didn't see Warren's symbol around the farm, so I looked around, ran up to the windmill, and there he was just like that. It was summer time during the day and I didn't have any hacks enabled, although I doubt that matters.

ntguru
11-25-2012, 12:14 AM
I FINALLY GOT IT!! YESSSSSSSSSS! Achievement complete. I basically stood at the Windmill for a bit until there were no icons on my map for anybody then I ran towards the mining cabin a short distance. When I turned around to start running back, the icons for Warren and the Woodworker popped next to the Windmill. They were using ropes to change the direction it was facing. Scanned Warren and completed the encyclopedia! Man, what a frustrating achievement.

Staple-Tape
11-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I FINALLY GOT IT!! YESSSSSSSSSS! Achievement complete. I basically stood at the Windmill for a bit until there were no icons on my map for anybody then I ran towards the mining cabin a short distance. When I turned around to start running back, the icons for Warren and the Woodworker popped next to the Windmill. They were using ropes to change the direction it was facing. Scanned Warren and completed the encyclopedia! Man, what a frustrating achievement.

If this works, I will love you.

ntguru
11-25-2012, 12:27 AM
FWIW, you still don't get the plate thing in your trophy room. So, its still bugged to a certain degree. Ubisoft normally does better than this.

Staple-Tape
11-25-2012, 12:28 AM
FWIW, you still don't get the plate thing in your trophy room. So, its still bugged to a certain degree. Ubisoft normally does better than this.

I couldn't care less about that. I only want my Platinum.

GolfPro72
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Sorry I wasn't more specific in my description, but this was exactly what I had done. I think the key is to just get out of sight of the NPCs for even a moment or two to allow them to respawn at the windmill.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Fast travel to the manor house - Then go back to the farm usually resets them.