PDA

View Full Version : OK Ubisoft, time for answers.

guitargod33
11-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I'm beyond pissed at you and am demanding answers.

So let's see:

Some of us have RIDICULOUS lag issues (those of us who aren't still stuck in limited mode, a problem that's been going on nearly a month for some people) because even though you publicly tout the immense success of your latest release, you're still too cheap to invest in a PROPER multiplayer server infrastructure.

The game still has bugs that need to be addressed.

And I submitted a ticket with an actual issue on 11/20 to support, which has still received no response. Since you're based on Montreal, that means this isn't a holiday week for you, so I don't want to hear any excuses about that.

So real issues are being ignored, while YET AGAIN you're "fixing" things that don't need to be fixed.

What the hell are you getting at?

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 05:13 PM
In a nutshell they are ignoring the entire steam community being locked out of multiplayer. They did some stupid patch for being stupid enough to spend the extra for deluxe. So we are stupid enough to buy the game we can wait. The stupid deluxe people need a bone.

PurinxPop
11-23-2012, 05:33 PM
1. Latency is dependant on a player's bandwidth transfer rate

2. Ubisoft Montreal is not in charge of the multiplayer

Deeries
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Then lets get someone who does have answers ? Ubisoft please resond. I want to play MP so bad. Until then i will make new topics and respond to current topics regarding this issue until we get a offcial word from you guys.

Ubisoft time for some answers.

PS : Can someone who CAN access the MP send me their AC3MP.exe so i can look for any differences ? Thanks.

Demon.King.
11-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Then lets get someone who does have answers ? Ubisoft please resond. I want to play MP so bad. Until then i will make new topics and respond to current topics regarding this issue until we get a offcial word from you guys.

Ubisoft time for some answers.

PS : Can someone who CAN access the MP send me their AC3MP.exe so i can look for any differences ? Thanks.

It has nothing to do with the .exe. It's the account management system that is broken.

Deeries
11-23-2012, 06:19 PM
THANKS UBISOFT.

Its working now, thanks thanks thanks so much thanks.

Koku91
11-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Mine was working fine until 30 mins ago and now I cannot connect and keep getting stuck in ****ty 'Limited Mode' whats going on?

sharkdrutt
11-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Mine was working fine until 30 mins ago and now I cannot connect and keep getting stuck in ****ty 'Limited Mode' whats going on?

welcome to my world!

I have the same thing....

It seems you have been punished by UBISOFT as well and put in that EVIL LIMITED MODE!!!!!!!

Koku91
11-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know what is causing this Limited Mode issue?
Everywhere you look on Facebook and Twitter, Ubisoft are claiming that they have now completed fixing bugs and doing maintenance and that the servers are now back online... which is clearly a massive lie!

Lo0p3r
11-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Same problem for me. I was able to play until 4-5 hours ago and since then it's been starting in limited mode only. I am 100% sure that it's not caused client-side, but as a few people already pointed out the account management is screwed up. Ubisoft, please fix this!

KazikZOstrody
11-24-2012, 02:53 PM
1. Latency is dependant on a player's bandwidth transfer rate

I don't think so... I play rdr an mw3 mp and only issues I observe are with ac3 and acr.
Imho rather looks like very poor infrastructure or or just buggy software.

SmSEdits
11-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Same here guys, played a match 3 hours ago and now i am on limited mode. All we can do is tweet it to them, if many people do it it may work. #FixPCMP

guitargod33
11-25-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't think so... I play rdr an mw3 mp and only issues I observe are with ac3 and acr.
Imho rather looks like very poor infrastructure or or just buggy software.

Yes and no.

In a proper setup, it's simple latency in communication with users and the server.
In peer hosted games, its dependant on each individuals ability to communicate with the host (another player) which is why we have more pronounced lag, frequent dropouts, and inability to join games.

Mc Dudes
11-25-2012, 12:46 AM
if you have lag all the time its probably because of your internet!

OuTRigHT_PaiNFuL
11-25-2012, 01:03 AM
if you have lag all the time its probably because of your internet!

This.

People always jump to conclusions and blame the game when they experience lag.

KazikZOstrody
12-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Guys, all games I play online are managed by central server. Only acr and ac3 has such issues with matchmaking. I have never been disconnected by host from mw3 and rdr as well. It is amazing that I have never had issue with finding lobby in red dead redemption. Of course there is difference in gameplay interaction which is very specific in ac3 and I totally agree that it is much more sensitive to lags. But still have no idea why limited mode happens in ac3, why so often I need to look for new sessions, why that happens that after one game finished with all 8 players stayed online and waiting for next match it not starts what causes that after something like 30(*) seconds first impatient player lefts lobby ... I do not feel and expert in this field even if I work in IT and know something about networks and Internet, I'm also former programmer.... And unfortunately what I observe gives me feeling of more bugs or just poor work done then real issues with my local connection (i think it is green/yellow 99% of time, very rare it becomes red, I mean NAT in upper right corner...). Don't get me wrong - I'm not type of complaining person, just trying to find rational explanation. And finally : I still enjoy the game very much. Much more then shooters mentioned earlier.

Ps. In case you don't know it :(*) pay attention that '30 seconds' was discovered by MS many years ago. It is a time when average computer user receives as too long (even if in fact it just very short period) and starts to press buttons, click the mouse, or just reseting computer if OS hang up or happen something what caused screen freeze.

Wolfsbane5
12-02-2012, 01:39 AM
... why so often I need to look for new sessions, why that happens that after one game finished with all 8 players stayed online and waiting for next match it not starts what causes that after something like 30(*) seconds, first impatient player lefts lobby ...
Ps. In case you don't know it :(*) pay attention that '30 seconds' was discovered by MS many years ago. It is a time when average computer user receives as too long (even if in fact it just very short period) and starts to press buttons, click the mouse, or just reseting computer if OS hang up or happen something what caused screen freeze.

I'm very curious how the hell you leave lobby, while its on the ****ed screen between character selection and loading in. Cause thats where it gets stuck most annoyingly.
For xbox anyway, not just me, but my friends aswell. Return to Xbox Home seems and reboot game seems to be only way to get out of this... Not leaving lobby, but leaving game.
And being forced to wait for, longest ive spend waiting was 14 mins before we called it quits. (went for toilet and something to eat and drink etc, & happily talking with friends)

Havent seem much of the Limited mode save when my game wasnt up to date. But the matchmaking and loading into a new session between sessions seems to be "male cow excrement".

BigUrn
12-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Need regional lock..do that and the lag be gone..or dedicated servers either way just pick one ubi

guitargod33
12-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Need regional lock..do that and the lag be gone..or dedicated servers either way just pick one ubi

dingdingding

BigUrn
12-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Yup ubi it's that simple if your not going to give us dedicated servers then you should at least region lock

ecWarAmp
12-06-2012, 10:08 AM
on xbox 360 you get limited mode when your gold membership expires.... if that helps?

AlexEzio89
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM
The ubisoft server is working normal now
tanks

Evil 5teven
12-06-2012, 01:17 PM

**** that! I actually enjoy playing with people from the Uk and the Us, regardless of latency. The whole idea of having a global community...is that it's GLOBAL.

Dedicated servers FTW.

guitargod33
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Yup ubi it's that simple if your not going to give us dedicated servers then you should at least region lock

that's really not acceptable for me though. Region lock is just one more half-*** option like what they're already doing.

This is a AAA title, it sells huge numbers every year. We're not talking about Red Steel or whatever here. They can and SHOULD have dedicated servers for multiplayer.

Moonfoxz
12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
**** that! I actually enjoy playing with people from the Uk and the Us, regardless of latency. The whole idea of having a global community...is that it's GLOBAL.

Dedicated servers FTW.
Touche

BigUrn
12-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes they should have dedicated servers but if they are not going to do that like I said then region locking is what were left with or the game will continue to have the online problems it has now. Playing with people from all over the globe is fun but if they can't handle that steps must taken.

guitargod33
12-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes they should have dedicated servers but if they are not going to do that like I said then region locking is what were left with or the game will continue to have the online problems it has now. Playing with people from all over the globe is fun but if they can't handle that steps must taken.

I know it does present potential for problems, but it doesn't always. And again, I'm against anything that unnecesarily restricts player choice. I've played with folks from across the pond and had zero issues. And sometimes, it's nothing but problems. But the fact is, I have just as many problems with players from my own country as with those from across the globe, so it still wouldn't eliminate the issue. Additionally, I don't think we, the paying customer, should be asked to compromise.

I'm not trying to bust your chops. I understand where you're coming from and would like these problems resolved as much as you do. I just feel region locking would end up in more of the same PLUS the inconveniences of region lock.

BigUrn
12-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I think some fail to understand what Iam actually saying. I don't want region lock anymore than the next person what I want is dedicated servers but if this ain't going to happen region lock is the next best and more logical choice. I have played games with region lock and lag is almost non existent. I like playing with people from japan mexico france ect but what I don't like is putting up with 10 minutes of people doing crazy things like sliding across the map people shooting me from clear across the map ( yes clear across the map buildings and all) people who mysteriously vanish from one place to another invisible people (not glimmer) and the always favorite experiencing technical difficulties everytime you get close to them..did I mention disconnects?. The way this online operates (p2p) it is not a very good idea for playing across great distances. If they were to region lock then the distances between the host and others would much much greater resulting in a much smoother online experience for all.