PDA

View Full Version : Patch the Patch ?

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Dont know about everyone else but ever since the patch Ive been getting booted to custom menu and dc from lots of matches. Think maybe they might have to patch the patch.

Crumplecorn
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Yo dawg i heard you like

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 02:56 PM
"Yo dawg i heard you like" Not sure what that meant

lBamitsMichael
11-23-2012, 03:08 PM

This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lGTb70C0U) Rather stupid.

I keep getting booted to Limited mode while i'm still connected to xbox live. Ever since the patch.

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Lol wow that's gotta be the most stupid thing I ever seen in my life ( and I know stupid ) I would ask for my 15 seconds back but Id just waste them anyway. Yea keeps putting me back in custom menu it's like ACR all over again

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 09:14 PM
This patch is a total fail. Since day 1 I never got dc really I never waited in lobbies 10 min only to be booted to the menu. I have to believe that patch is the cause

guitargod33
11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
yeah it was terrible last night. every time I join a game it will tell me the session ended for lack of players, then it pops back all the players again. More glitched lobbies than ever where it never goes past the screen that shows the characters standing there, more trouble joining a friend's game, etc. etc.

They just won't get it right. Not can't. WON'T.

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah me and the people I usually play with are starting to get really aggravated with this. If ubi don't want to start losing business from people not playing I suggest they fix this. Question I know AC is on PC what I don't know is if they have some sort of test server or do they just release the crap and see what sticks?

Demon.King.
11-23-2012, 09:46 PM
One of the 'fixes' in the last patch was "MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked settings to improve connections"...does anyone else find this ironic?

Sinysh
11-23-2012, 09:56 PM
well it has improved a bit, now i can connect and search for players, but no more then that

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 11:14 PM
This is BS I can't even finish a **** match. Fix this ubi or at least some mod come on say "We are aware of the situation and are working on it" something ****

ABXantos
11-23-2012, 11:18 PM
BigUrn.... what are you doing....

BigUrn...

shtap...

Seriously your complaining only makes you look worse and worse. The patch is fine for what it was meant to do.

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok buddy mind telling that to the vast majority of players experiencing the same problem then talk at me

Nejjy
11-23-2012, 11:29 PM
I haven't had that problem at all

ABXantos
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Thats irrelevant.

And as for my example, this new Patch has SIGNIFICANTLY improved Matchmaking. Especially in Team Modes, 9/10 times new games I start I am with my entire group. I also end up having Green Connections with my entire team where as before we were mixed. The patch has placed a priority on putting groups into new lobbies so you are separated less and less. The patch was meant to fix that, it has done its job.

Also the tweaking connection settings... I have been put into better ping lobbies than before, most of the people I play with now are almost always green. This means the host is almost always the person with the best connection. If you get booted off the games it means you were incompatible with the host and nothing more.

Sure Ubisoft is still far from solving every single problem, and maybe this patch has given some people with different internet connections some difficulty, but this doesn't give ANYONE an excuse to start making new threads and complaining about everything.

CerealAssassin
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
no problems here either

Drakuaza
11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
No problems on my end either, fact, the game is better for me than it was before the patch.

tastemyfreedom
11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I got 99 problems but a connection ain't one.

Nejjy
11-23-2012, 11:43 PM

lol XD

ABXantos
11-23-2012, 11:43 PM

if I could like and favorite and retweet this post I would do it a thousand times.

sticks165
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
i haven't had any problems.

guitargod33
11-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Well for me and the friends I played with last night, it has not improved things but made them worse. Clearly this is a sign that there is still work to be done, even if things have improved for some folks.

Nothing really changed as far as in-game, but matchmaking/lobbies was TERRIBLE.

senile old coot
11-24-2012, 12:49 AM
yeh I've been disconnected from nearly every match i've played today. completely ruined Abstergo rank lol. good times

Murd3r Claws
11-24-2012, 03:05 AM

mudkips...he meant Yo dawg I heard you like Mudkips

Murd3r Claws
11-24-2012, 03:12 AM
pre patch:
matchmaking sucks
4 man lobbies
could knife stun or be knife stunned
when knifed can contest kills
uh...more things...
can drop stun

post patch
nothing changed?! wtf!!!!!
no wait drop stunning is gone

BigUrn
11-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Yeah the patch is going to affect people in different ways some may not have any problem at all while others suffer it's how it goes. For me my profile seems to magically reset my abilities after I die. The knife equals no contestant don't work but that's just what Iam experiencing

Murd3r Claws
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Heres what I read on another thread...btw total BS. this guy says when you throw knives they can still contest a kill if you are in high profile so approach steathy. I tested his theory...no wait he says its the truth...I was playing AA and defending ( for some reason...im a runner why was i defending?) and I stood near the base. A guy comes flying in so I knife him. I approach STEALTHFULLY and he still contested the kill. So why? The answer should be obvious right? He had Resilience right? WRONG! Just to find out what he had I made a quick set with Copycat...no Resilience. My knives aren't crafted for duration no but he is literally 5 feet away. When fast walking it takes very little time to get into kill range. So...why did he contest it? Oh I know! because the only thing this works on is WOLFPACK TARGETS. No I have not tested it...yet. but I bet this is true. Screw this patch. I finally adapted to the BS pre patch just like every AC game so far...and you ONCE AGAIN release a patch that does nothing but make myself and many others frustrated. So much that I destroyed my ACR disc a month prior to AC3. Now here we go again with the unneeded patch. Why not fix the problems that are actual issues? PS3 and PC owners can't even play MP 75% of the time and when they can they're greeted with this mess. Why take out drop stunning? It served as punishment to morons on the roof. Why not fix the matchmaking? Naw it's fine the way it is right? And 8 man lobbies?! Where did that go??? You say you are well aware of clans in AC so why get rid of it??? As proof to this you created The Assassin's Network....wait...apparently you have only heard of 8 players in one clan because despite JPG WHU TNB OP WOC COW URA VAA ECA KSA and hundreds of other clans having loads of members, you decide 8 is enough. No wait! This is where the 8 man lobbies went! I understand EVERYTHING now! Fix your game or I'm gonna let you know now, no one is going to buy the next one.

By the way I'm currently like 268 in the world so don't think I'm some noob boo-hooing. Just Saiyan....Vegeta

SquirrelInDaSky
11-26-2012, 02:35 PM
The knife kill can be contested if both you and your target are approaching each other head-on. Also, lags might be responsible, like always. A couple of times i would go for a knife stun/kill from a clearly safe distance and get killed/stunned. However,knife kills from behind work like 99% of the time, even on good players.
Lack of dropstun is a big loss, kinda gives advantage to people who don't think before pouncing at you, although same thing was present in ACB.

Abstergo Rank doesn't prove anything. You can be number 4, play the same gamemode over and over, grind your way into top 10 by killing noobs for 12+ hours a day.

Murd3r Claws
11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
oh really? hmm i was so sure that the rank actually mattered...im not an idiot. and the reason i posted it is bc im saying...well exactly what i said...im working hard for that stupid relic...and by noob u mean roofer gunners and hackers right? yea i might be facing noobs but when 99% of the time your team is filled with noobs u have to do the work yourself..

SquirrelInDaSky
11-26-2012, 05:59 PM
By noobs i mean beginners(usually under level 50) who are unfamiliar with the game mechanics and/or gamemode, with lack of cooperation (if talking about team modes), that are easy to trick and beat, especially with a group of friends. Since players with some skill are usually put into games with those who lack skill, abstergo ladder mostly represents how much a player spends playing the game.
Needless to say some "top 100" players leave at the possibility of losing to a player of equal skill. This once again proofs my point that some top-tier players are farming points of noobs and are scared to lose them.

Murd3r Claws
11-27-2012, 05:52 AM
By noobs i mean beginners(usually under level 50) who are unfamiliar with the game mechanics and/or gamemode, with lack of cooperation (if talking about team modes), that are easy to trick and beat, especially with a group of friends. Since players with some skill are usually put into games with those who lack skill, abstergo ladder mostly represents how much a player spends playing the game.
Needless to say some "top 100" players leave at the possibility of losing to a player of equal skill. This once again proofs my point that some top-tier players are farming points of noobs and are scared to lose them.

hmmmmmmm this all seems familiar.....oh i know! its almost exactly like every post done about the ladder on this forum...man...good job simply repeating what everyone already knows

BigUrn
11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
My game has been bugged ever since the patch. Pre patch I would never be waiting in a lobby for 10 minutes and I rarely got disconnected but post patch Iam getting hung in lobby menus getting disconnected left and right.

SquirrelInDaSky
11-27-2012, 01:29 PM
hmmmmmmm this all seems familiar.....oh i know! its almost exactly like every post done about the ladder on this forum...man...good job simply repeating what everyone already knows

I just answered your question about what i mean by "noob". Also, 2xx in a ladder doesn't prove you are good and is nothing to rant about, due to the reasons stated above.

BoZ v2 HD
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
yeah it was terrible last night. every time I join a game it will tell me the session ended for lack of players, then it pops back all the players again. More glitched lobbies than ever where it never goes past the screen that shows the characters standing there, more trouble joining a friend's game, etc. etc.

They just won't get it right. Not can't. WON'T.

I've been getting this too, usually when searching as a group.

I've also lost all my high scores for every mode and i am randomly losing Abstergo Score. I joined a game mid-session (manhunt) with 4400 and ended up leaving with 3700 with the message 'since you played an incomplete session your abstergo score has been unchanged'....:(