PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Controller Fix

Ldjb
11-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Using a standard wireless Xbox controller, connected to my PC through a plug and play cable. The lights on both the controller and the plug and play light up green, all drivers are installed and windows recognizes it as a Xbox controller under "Unassigned Devices".

AC3 still doesnt pick up the controller, and there is no option in the Controls menu to change from "Keyboard/Mouse"

I can overlook all the other bugs and issues, but as you have said from the start, this is a game to be played with a controller. So i would appreciate it if was as simple as it should be.

Thanks

Darkstorne
11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
It's an issue that's been in all of the AC games I'm afraid. Close the game, close Uplay. Turn off your wirless controller (pull out the battery pack, then put it back in).

Next, turn on the controller, then launch Uplay and start Assassin's Creed 3 (you can click on the AC3 shortcut to start Uplay - it works fine that way). Now the game will recognize the controller. Though you may have to manually select the controller from the options menu first.

If you start up the game before turning on the controller, then the controller won't be recognized until you turn it off again and start the game when the controller is already turned on. Really annoying, I know. But at least the DRM is gone! Woo!