PDA

View Full Version : How do we get a refund?(steam)

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 10:29 AM
It is obvious the players have found the problem with steam bought AC3. The double UPlay clients, steam version and the standard one. If you launch through the steam one then multiplayer isnt accessible. Obvious is obvious and ubi seems to be ignoring this entirely. So is there a way to get a refund through steam? I have never had the need to do this in the past but I bought this game with the intent of playing multiplayer. If they had been honest and said "hey we screwed up and multiplayer wont even available for weeks", then I would of waited.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 03:16 PM
bump since well I spent 60$ on something that was falsely advertised...you know money, the thing that runs their company.

McJobless
11-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't think you can...you can try sending a POLITE email to their support team or checking through their help documents, but I think you should give Ubi some time to fix everything. It's probably a result of the massive amount of people trying to download and run the game at one time, which is chocking the online servers.

xbarranquillax
11-23-2012, 03:34 PM
If there's a way to refund please post how to do it.. i have the exact same problem .. ac3 (steam) however my friend bought it from steam and he can play on it(multiplayer) .. i guess is only a select few. But still, regarding to customer satisfaction .. i want my money back, or something to compensate this issue we all are having. and what worries me is that they haven't post anything regarding about this issue, its like they are ignoring this issue.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't think you can...you can try sending a POLITE email to their support team or checking through their help documents, but I think you should give Ubi some time to fix everything. It's probably a result of the massive amount of people trying to download and run the game at one time, which is chocking the online servers.

It has nothing to do with the server load. It has to do with sloppy releasing. Try reading why I typed, read it. There are 2 versions of UPlay clients, one that works and one that does not. This "Is" the problem and ubi is trying so hard to cover it and say its on our end. Send in a ticket? **** you fix it, you know the problem now since the players did all the work for you.

theopalprince
11-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Spam their support with:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208480/discussions/0/864951657884246745/

McJobless
11-23-2012, 03:51 PM
You're quite angry, but the thing is I can play the game fine on PC, single-player and multi-player with no issue. Could you not load UPlay from another AC game on your computer and use that?

Moreover, I was telling you to contact Steam Support to ask for a refund. Maybe you should read what I say instead of rushing into battle, weapons raised.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:02 PM
You're quite angry, but the thing is I can play the game fine on PC, single-player and multi-player with no issue. Could you not load UPlay from another AC game on your computer and use that?

Moreover, I was telling you to contact Steam Support to ask for a refund. Maybe you should read what I say instead of rushing into battle, weapons raised.

You sound like one of their support drones. Please stop posting in this thread. You have yet to contribute anything other than pasting what they paste in their support tickets. Also you have failed miserably at even comprehending what I typed. This is not a player side problem. Fact is if you bought it from steam then you are being blocked from multiplayer. Im assuming you bought it from another source other than steam and since its working for you this makes you a professional on the subject. Until the dual UPlay client situation has a work around then its at a stand still.

theopalprince
11-23-2012, 04:08 PM
His name is: xx7xxxPowersxx
Why even bother trying to talk to him?

xbarranquillax
11-23-2012, 04:09 PM
so true b4r0ns .

McJobless
11-23-2012, 04:11 PM
You're hilarious.

You never said anything about it being a player-side issue in the first place. You just rambled about how you deserve $60 because you can't play multiplayer, which is not the main component of the game. Ubi is probably working on a solution but you're too stubborn to give them the time required to fix it. If you want your refund, go ask Steam Support like I asked or shut up and wait for news on a fix.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Like I said before the problem and possible solution was pointed out by the players themselves, not the devs. The problem has yet to be addressed other than sending in a useless ticket that will get you nowhere. If you load up the Uplay client without using steam then your cd-key is already in use...on the steam version of Uplay it load the games but blocks multiplayer. Why they have two versions of Uplay to even begin with is beyond me. Steam either needs to refund us so we can buy through a worthy channel or fix this now.

theopalprince
11-23-2012, 04:15 PM
You're hilarious.

You never said anything about it being a player-side issue in the first place. You just rambled about how you deserve $60 because you can't play multiplayer, which is not the main component of the game. Ubi is probably working on a solution but you're too stubborn to give them the time required to fix it. If you want your refund, go ask Steam Support like I asked or shut up and wait for news on a fix.

Are you some kind of stupid?
It was a promised component of the game. That we payed for.
Nothing else really matters.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
He is good for keeping the thread bumped, but nothing beyond that.

McJobless
11-23-2012, 04:20 PM
2AM and I'm repeating for the third time.

You want your refund. Go ask Valve for it. Otherwise give it time. They didn't build Rome in a day and they won't fix multiplayer in a couple minutes either.

I bet I've contributed more anything on the internet than you ever have.

theopalprince
11-23-2012, 04:24 PM
He is good for keeping the thread bumped, but nothing beyond that.

He sure is.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Rome in a day, that is your analogy? Dear god help us all. Also just so im not mistaken by how you determine time, couple minutes=3days? Gotcha bud, thanks for the heads up.

MastaGengis
11-23-2012, 04:25 PM
How about everyone whose had a problem across all platforms getting a refund :cool:

theopalprince
11-23-2012, 04:29 PM
How about everyone whose had a problem across all platforms getting a refund :cool:

This works.

McJobless
11-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Australian release dates are always all over the place, so I haven't had the good grace to have had this problem pop up until yesterday and even then that was my friend's copy, whom doesn't care because he only cares about single-player.

Honestly, you're whining about a video game that at least half-works and has been released. It would have been hysterical watching you if you were a fan of Too Human...

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:34 PM

This is reasonable, but not reality. As of now its a tough luck world. Gamble to get a game, this instance being a crap port with devs avoiding the real problem. Which was figured out by the users! Such a beautiful thing.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Australian release dates are always all over the place, so I haven't had the good grace to have had this problem pop up until yesterday and even then that was my friend's copy, whom doesn't care because he only cares about single-player.

Honestly, you're whining about a video game that at least half-works and has been released. It would have been hysterical watching you if you were a fan of Too Human...

Again all of us reading this and having the same problem would like to thank you. Thank you and your single player mode australian friend. I hope you flourish on these forums and bring the wisdom of this worthlessness the the entire forums. You hit the nail on the head...if had even existed to you in the first place.

McJobless
11-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I didn't need to be here to have the worthlessness brought to the forums. You did that yourself.

Now, sorry to say, but you bore me with your whinny attitude. Go outside and experience life instead of sitting behind a computer complaining because you paid $60 to buy a single-player-orientated game where the multiplayer mode has been disabled for one group of people.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I didn't need to be here to have the worthlessness brought to the forums. You did that yourself.

Now, sorry to say, but you bore me with your whinny attitude. Go outside and experience life instead of sitting behind a computer complaining because you paid $60 to buy a single-player-orientated game where the multiplayer mode has been disabled for one group of people.

You just pulled off a fanboi trifecta. HE DID IT FOLKS! First it was be patient, then it was contact support now I need to go outside and experience life. HE DID IT BY THE GODS.

Quit posting seriously, I appreciate the bumps and I know you are slightly baiting me to get this thread closed. Which isnt a problem ill just open another. You would make a great nazi with that attitude.

McJobless
11-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, ok, let me break this down.

I don't care if your topic gets locked or not. I've made my comments on what you said, and you ignore them out of the same blind rage I had when I was offered JoD instead of the Freedom Edition I had ordered after a silly person changed by order to a Sims game and couldn't revert it back (everything worked out eventually). I keep posting because you keep trying to make me out as the bad guy, when you're the one losing his cool over a game.

Implying that I would be a great Nazi (notice the capital; it's a proper noun) is an interesting conclusion to make. I'm not German, I would never willingly kill somebody in real life, and I respect the Jews as I respect all others. I believe your argument is invalid, and more importantly, distasteful. To compare somebody to the hate-filled Nazi soldiers is as insulting and disrespectful as you could possibly get. It's a good thing that I believe in a little thing called "Sticks and Stones".

Please grow up. You're acting like a spoiled child who, because they can't have their way, must instantly insinuate that the product is bad and the company is evil, and everyone should hate it because one feature doesn't work as you expect it.

Klaskoviltex
11-23-2012, 05:11 PM
@xx7xxxPowersxx

It should be obvious to you that noone here likes your input, and everyone thinks you are a troll.
There is a lot of people who bought this game for the multiplayer part, so you talking about singleplayer being the main component is invalid.

People are frustrated that they used money on something plus time and dedication and now it does not work, so they come here in search for help that isnt offered. What they get is you trolling them, leading to people getting angry at you. THats their excuse. What is your excuse for being a ******* now?

McJobless
11-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes, I am trolling them. That is my intention and purpose.

I came here, gave input and was berated because the OP made the wrong choice about where to buy his game from. He indeed is the troll for dragging me down with his ship.

In the words of wise man Yahtzee, "a game must be able to stand up on it's own in singleplayer as their are factors in the way of multiplayer that can ruin the experience." The game was created for a single player audience, and multiplayer was bolted on to strap cash out of everybody.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, I am trolling them. That is my intention and purpose.

I came here, gave input and was berated because the OP made the wrong choice about where to buy his game from. He indeed is the troll for dragging me down with his ship.

In the words of wise man Yahtzee, "a game must be able to stand up on it's own in singleplayer as their are factors in the way of multiplayer that can ruin the experience." The game was created for a single player audience, and multiplayer was bolted on to strap cash out of everybody.

Wait wait, so I made the wrong choice on where to buy the game from? Steam purchase doesnt pop up a screen before you buy and says "good luck buddy, it might work". You are officially a troll though, enjoy.

I was worried before but now im 100% sure you are an off the clock employee for this third rate company. Dont take it as a compliment, it is anything but.

Klaskoviltex
11-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Your input wasnt new. Its something everyone allready knew. THere is no way you can say he made the wrong choice about where to buy the game. Seriously dude come on. THe only one dragging you down is yourself. You are self righteus and really a pain to listen to.

IIn general here is how the land is. If you dont actually have some new input to solving the problem, but are only there to try and be a smart-behind then just dont. You wont get any internet fame from it so just stop and ask yourself, is this really worth it?

Considder how frustrated you would be if it wsa the SP portion that didnt work for you.

I disagree with your quote entirely. There are plenty of multiplayer games "especially shooters" that are made directly for multiplayer where the singleplayer is just a bonus feature. THose are some of the most popular games in the world btw.

I would like to know exactly what you base this statement on "The game was created for a single player audience, and multiplayer was bolted on to strap cash out of everybody.".
Where have ubisoft said that?

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I wondered how the multiplayer would work. And as to why it isn't supported by Steam? My Steam account would have finally had a purpose and use. Can't imagine that the servers that ubisoft come out with would be in stable condition. The whole thing isn't making sense to me and I wish someone would explain it better so we all aren't spinning in circles. :X

McJobless
11-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm not stupid. That was obviously not a compliment but a terrible joke...not even a joke, because it wasn't funny.

Yes, you made the wrong choice. Either get the digital edition which requires hours of downloading and is prone to special drm, or get a retail version which works.

Ubisoft wouldn't say that because they wouldn't have an audience. Just look at the way they're using micro-transactions and multiplayer DLC.

Multiplayer-orientated games are in a different category, because they are designed specifically for the multiplayer aspect. If it doesn't work properly, then they lose out. Here, the developers are more passionate about singleplayer.

I don't want Internet fame because I already have that. This is worth it because I feel as though I might be able to zap some intelligence into your skulls by sunrise.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I wondered how the multiplayer would work. I wonder why it isn't supported by Steam? Then my account might finally have a purpose and use. Can't imagine that the servers that ubisoft would come out with would be in stable condition. The whole thing isn't making sense to me and I wish someone would explain it better so were all aren't spinning in circles.

The servers are stable. Its a technical issue.

Here is how it works. When you launch from steam it loads up a completely different Uplay client. You can launch Uplay by itself and that client will also be different from the steam one. The cd-key is registered to one and not the other. So if you have steam it is registered to your steam one and not the original Uplay. So pretty much the cd-key is being used by nothing, the company doesnt acknowledge it so multiplayer doesnt and will not exist for you until they merge those two Uplay clients.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Either get the digital edition which requires hours of downloading and is prone to special drm, or get a retail version which works.

The digital versions have the same DRM as retail and steam - one time only activation, so just to correct your misleading post.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not stupid. That was obviously not a compliment but a terrible joke...not even a joke, because it wasn't funny.

Yes, you made the wrong choice. Either get the digital edition which requires hours of downloading and is prone to special drm, or get a retail version which works.

Ubisoft wouldn't say that because they wouldn't have an audience. Just look at the way they're using micro-transactions and multiplayer DLC.

Multiplayer-orientated games are in a different category, because they are designed specifically for the multiplayer aspect. If it doesn't work properly, then they lose out. Here, the developers are more passionate about singleplayer.

I don't want Internet fame because I already have that. This is worth it because I feel as though I might be able to zap some intelligence into your skulls by sunrise.

You are probably the biggest idiot I have ever met, and I thank you for that. Do you even read what you type or does this all just ball together into some massive void of idiocy and you just spit it out.

McJobless
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM
;P Had to back them up, didn't ya.

But still, I stand by my argument that retail will always be better than digital.'

Oh b4rons...I feel sorry for you. It's a cruel irony, in a way.

I'll leave your precious topic and you can go rag on about how Ubi betrayed you, but I'm going to go do things with my life. Things that matter. And play AC3 multiplayer.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I suggest keeping the jokes and unhelpful posts to a minimum.

Certain people have issues, so please do not inflame them.

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
;P Had to back them up, didn't ya.

But still, I stand by my argument that retail will always be better than digital.

You stand by dinosaur logic that does not exist anymore. Or you work at a gamestore, pick.

marcoolio_lv
11-23-2012, 05:41 PM
You stand by dinosaur logic that does not exist anymore. Or you work at a gamestore, pick.
*Facepalm*

I'm sorry, but i seriously hope You don't get a refund.

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
The servers are stable. Its a technical issue.

Here is how it works. When you launch from steam it loads up a completely different Uplay client. You can launch Uplay by itself and that client will also be different from the steam one. The cd-key is registered to one and not the other. So if you have steam it is registered to your steam one and not the original Uplay. So pretty much the cd-key is being used by nothing, the company doesnt acknowledge it so multiplayer doesnt and will not exist for you until they merge those two Uplay clients.

okay, it makes sense now. it doesn't make sense on why they don't just launch the multiplayer from Steam to begin with, it would make everything so much easier!

b4r0ns
11-23-2012, 05:48 PM
*Facepalm*

I'm sorry, but i seriously hope You don't get a refund.

Did not realize facepalm was still a thing, guess my logic works in more ways that one.

marcoolio_lv
11-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Did not realize facepalm was still a thing, guess my logic works in more ways that one.

Whatever makes You feel better.

You should keep in mind that Your "logic" is even more "dinosaur", because, You see, people can purchase games whichever way they want.

byronb
11-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Guys not making excuses for Valve because the download should have been tested better, but the probable reason for a delay
in a Valve Steam response and fix is this is a holiday week (Thanksgiving) here in the states and usually kills work 21-23rd of November.
As Valve is a U.S. corporation we probably won't hear much till next week - to the better if we do.
I checked the logs to see what the file is that won't validate and in my case it turns out to be installscript.vdf.
Guess what, this is the installer script which sets up all the registry keys.
I read the file and compared the scripted registry setup to my registry and several keys are missing.
One of them is the key for MP launcher which point to the executable path so the system can find AC3MP.exe.
Another one is VCRedist which is causing the C++ redistribution package to try to install every time I start the game.
The dual overlay as has been stated is also causing problems.
Not happy, but at least I can see why it is not working in my case anyway.

kastrix
11-23-2012, 06:04 PM
You will never get a refound for such reason, give up, its not a lot of money anyway considering.

b4r0ns
11-24-2012, 08:36 PM
bumping for justice, still the same crap as before. Multiplayer has never worked since release.