PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving patch...???

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Hey guys...First post on the Ubisoft forums...
Any official news for the thanksgiving patch (P.C version)???
Is it coming today or what???
Thanks in advance...

Snicklex
11-23-2012, 07:29 AM
I got a patch through steam on Wed. I'm not sure if this was the "Thanksgiving" patch everyone was talking about.

ParabolicDreams
11-23-2012, 08:08 AM
That was the day 1 patch, I suspect.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 09:14 AM
That was the day 1 patch, I suspect.

I also believe that...
The thing is that Thanksgiving patch will have over 100 fixes so I don't want to start a game without it but I really want to start soon...
I wish someone from the staff will share some info soon...

rnewt182
11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Apparently it is available now http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-thanksgiving-patch-is-now-available-for-download/

When I launch the game it doesn't update though.

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 09:21 AM
The thanksgiving patch was already included with the PC version during release. The one that just released now was for the 360 and PS3.

mydsmbr
11-23-2012, 09:43 AM
The thanksgiving patch was already included with the PC version during release. The one that just released now was for the 360 and PS3. This is wrong.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure...

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 10:03 AM
The thanksgiving patch was already included with the PC version during release. The one that just released now was for the 360 and PS3.

Are you sure about it mate??? a link or something???
Cause the article says that MAYBE the P.C users have the thanksgiving patch already....

Apparently it is available now http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-thanksgiving-patch-is-now-available-for-download/

When I launch the game it doesn't update though.

So maybe hitman47222 is right...if your game is not updating...
Anyone else who can't update??? Cause I'm not at home right now and can't check for myself....

binglis
11-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Nope, the PC version only came with the day 1 update which is 1.1, my game isn't updating.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Nope, the PC version only came with the day 1 update which is 1.1, my game isn't updating.
Υes this is what I'm talking about..if it's not updating then we have the patch already...
But someone must inform us for sure...

DejanDominic
11-23-2012, 10:53 AM
and this pach is not fixing fps drop?

Anderslash
11-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I got a patch through steam on Wed. I'm not sure if this was the "Thanksgiving" patch everyone was talking about.

Actually, it was the bonus content for deluxe version.

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 11:07 AM
"In a Reddit AMA thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134w2f/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iii_ask_me/), Ubisoft staff members answered questions about the upcoming PC release and plans for patches. “Lots of bug fixes incoming. PC release will include the first two patches on release,” creative director Alex Hutchinson typed."

"Assassin’s Creed 3 is out now for consoles, with a fully-patched-up PC release (http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/assassins-creed-3-on-pc-to-arrive-completely-patched/) this week"

Both quoted from da interwebz...Google it if you dont believe me.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Come on guys...anyone's steam updating??? I find it very frustrating we are not having a clear answer for someone of the staff or something...
Was thanksgiving patch included in the p.c version or not???

binglis
11-23-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=2771&crossplatform=Assassins%20Creed%203&title=GD%20Talks%20About%20Assassins%20Creed%203%2 0and%20GTA%205%20PC%20Release%20Date

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=2785&game=Assassins%20Creed%203&title=Massive%20Patch%20for%20Assassins%20Creed%20 3%20Incoming

binglis
11-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Come on guys...anyone steam updating???

I didn't buy Assassin's Creed on Steam but the Ubisoft Autopatch launcher isn't updating :(

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 11:16 AM
So the most possible answer is that we have a fully patches p.c version right??? I hope it's true...
Thanks you all for your help and maybe someone official give as an 100% answer...

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Guys, if there is a patch available - the Uplay PC client - will update the game for you.

I am double checking to see if everyone should be upto date :)

binglis
11-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Guys, if there is a patch available - the Uplay PC client - will update the game for you.

Thanks Mr_Shade your help is most welcomed :)

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 11:26 AM

Thanks for your reply mate...:)
The thing is I will not be at home for a day or two and I'm keen to start a fully patches game when I'll get back...
Also no one was sure if the patch was included for us p.c users from the start...
But if no one's game is not updating then this is the answer...

Edit: Also thanks to hitman47222 and binglis for the useful links...
Thank you guys...

ZangetsuAC
11-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Unfortunately it doesn't seem so. Although I didn't see anything from uplay today I went on and saw that I was still suffering from all the issues I was before including texture flickering, being unable to access the redeem menu or extras, limited mode in multiplayer etc.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't seem so. Although I didn't see anything from uplay today I went on and saw that I was still suffering from all the issues I was before including texture flickering, being unable to access the redeem menu or extras, limited mode in multiplayer etc.

That's bad to hear mate...Do you have every bug that patch is saying that fixed??? maybe it needs a fresh game???

ZangetsuAC
11-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I heard something that it may be due to having a code from certain vendors. I noticed someone say that on the UbisoftSupport facebook account state that it would be fixed soon. Maybe that will fix my connectivity issues in the future but I still have no idea how to fix the texture issues that kills the experience of running through the frontier.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 11:37 AM
If you are having issues - please make sure to report them directly to support.

The patch fixes only the things listed in it - so any PC frame rate / texture issues - maybe down to drivers / future fixes.

binglis
11-23-2012, 11:42 AM

The patch fixes only the things listed in it - so any PC frame rate / texture issues - maybe down to drivers / future fixes.

Can you please confirm that the PC version comes with the Thanksgiving patch? Thanks.

ZangetsuAC
11-23-2012, 11:43 AM

Yeah, I made a support question a few days ago but it unfortunately hasn't been replied to. Ref ID is 121122-000002. Also followed the guide they had and my hosts is clean, firewalls are off and so forth but it just won't let me connect to anything online while ingame.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 11:44 AM
All Patches should be with the PC version - however due to different providers, such as steam, I am checking that everyone should have them.

Yeah, I made a support question a few days ago but it unfortunately hasn't been replied to. Ref ID is 121122-000002. Also followed the guide they had and my hosts is clean, firewalls are off and so forth but it just won't let me connect to anything online while ingame.

Did you reply telling them that?

It's important to update them after they give you things to try :)

Remember to tell them as much information as possible!

ZangetsuAC
11-23-2012, 11:51 AM
The guide was an autoreply so I do hope they have someone working to answer them. Waited so long for this game and I'm holding off on playing anymore because I'm not sure if I have all my DLC and stuff I should have and because UPLAY didn't award any points for thee Mystery Guest achievement and I'd like to receive the multiplayer benefits from them.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 11:52 AM
The guide was an autoreply so I do hope they have someone working to answer them. Waited so long for this game and I'm holding off on playing anymore because I'm not sure if I have all my DLC and stuff I should have and because UPLAY didn't award any points for thee Mystery Guest achievement and I'd like to receive the multiplayer benefits from them.
The first reply will always be automatic - based on what you asked - they do this so you at least try the basic fixes [which do work for some]

However it's vital you reply and tell them that it did not, then it's passed to someone who will attempt to help you further.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 11:54 AM
All Patches should be with the PC version - however due to different providers, such as steam, I am checking that everyone should have them.

Ok so just to be sure, you are aware that P.C version was shipped with thanksgiving patch from day 1 but maybe some providers didn't ( provide it)??? :p
I want to be sure cause thanksgiving patch fixes tons of issues....

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Ok so just to be sure, you are aware that P.C version was shipped with thanksgiving patch from day 1 but maybe some providers didn't ( provide it)??? :p
I want to be sure cause thanksgiving patch fixes tons of issues....I am aware.

Patches should auto install when you first install the game, via the Uplay Client.

However it wouldn't be the first time that Steam did not release a patch at the same time.

The game is playable without the patch though, since I completed it on console without any - and managed OK.

Not everyone will run into the problems the patch fixes, so you should be able to play the game and enjoy it ;)

The main concern for many seems to be FPS - which neither of the patches address.

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I am aware.

Patches should auto install when you first install the game, via the Uplay Client.

However it wouldn't be the first time that Steam did not release a patch at the same time.

The game is playable without the patch though, since I completed it on console without any - and managed OK.

Not everyone will run into the problems the patch fixes, so you should be able to play the game and enjoy it ;)

The main concern for many seems to be FPS - which neither of the patches address.
Thanks again...
But If you find something else about it please inform us, I will appreciate it...
Cheers...

niczerus
11-23-2012, 12:05 PM
in my pc is unplayable this game , i am very disappointed with ubisoft and this game , is really a bad port .

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
in my pc is unplayable this game , i am very disappointed with ubisoft and this game , is really a bad port .Have you tried lowering details and changing drivers?

Also worth setting your graphics card settings to 'application' - if not already.

If your PC [not laptop] meets the system requirements, it 'should' be playable.
http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17417

Performance issues - are not addressed in the current patches - if you are having issues, you need to make sure Support are aware of your hardware / software config and the problems you are having.

niczerus
11-23-2012, 12:24 PM
yes i have the last drivers , my pc is a desktop computer , the others games working good Hitman absolution for example run 50-60 fps in high detail to 1080p , this game (AC3) in low details 800x600 or 1920x1080 run to 20 fps ...

DerelictHuman
11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
So the patch is up for PC? When do you think Steam will have it?

BLACKBONE1986
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM
so..is the patch out for PC or not? can someone confirm that the patch fixes the low fps problem?

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 12:30 PM
so..is the patch ouat for PC or not? can someone confirm that the patch fixes the low fps problem?
Please see my posts.

Thanks

SUReken32
11-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Please see my posts.

Thanks
Hello.I wonder whether the patch for the game to not brake in Boston. Computer meets all the specifications. Hinders at all settings in Boston, does not rise above 30.

Aethiuss
11-23-2012, 12:55 PM
I am aware.

Will Ubisoft release some performance patches? Because I really love the game. And I'm waiting for patches to finish it. (I'm at the part when Connor meets his father and they go on a mission together)

I want to wait for the patch, because I want to finish this game with pleasure

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Will Ubisoft release some performance patches? Because I really love the game. And I'm waiting for patches to finish it. (I'm at the part when Connor meets his father and they go on a mission together)

I want to wait for the patch, because I want to finish this game with pleasure
If people are reporting that they have issues, and they can fix it for certain cards, they most likely will.

Those wondering if they have the latest patch - have you thought about an easy check?

The patch adds in the 'skip' button on cinematic - if you have that - you have the patch..

- A text message is now visible on-screen at all times while a skippable cinematic is playing

SUReken32
11-23-2012, 02:24 PM
If people are reporting that they have issues, and they can fix it for certain cards, they most likely will.

Those wondering if they have the latest patch - have you thought about an easy check?

The patch adds in the 'skip' button on cinematic - if you have that - you have the patch..

- A text message is now visible on-screen at all times while a skippable cinematic is playing
Where patch 1.02 for fps in boston?

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 02:38 PM

I really hope you guys manage to release a patch sometime next week.. This game is awesome and i cannot keep myself from playing it anymore :(

Rasun90
11-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I have downloaded my Version from Steam and in the Multyplayer Menu say it is the Version 1.01. but on Steam and Uplay I can't find an patch.

binglis
11-23-2012, 04:00 PM
I have downloaded my Version from Steam and in the Multyplayer Menu say it is the Version 1.01. but on Steam and Uplay I can't find an patch.When you play single player does the text message saying skip cinematic appear during cut scenes? If so then you have the Thanksgiving patch.

Rasun90
11-23-2012, 04:48 PM
In futher Missions there wehre the message to skip the cut scenes. So I have the patch ?! But now I'am stucked in the stockpile tutorial and Multyplayer doesn't work.
Ubisoft sucks ! one of the worst services I ever seen, no messages, only aotomaticly answers of questions without help and selling a game that doesn't work.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Guys, The initial update you did - is BOTH patches.

As I posted - if you have the 'press to skip' cinematic option - you have the patch.

Version numbers on Steam - maybe different - since they sometimes are due to steam handling the updates.

Where patch 1.02 for fps in boston?

No new patches have been announced - so where did you see that there was one expected?

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Can you confirm that the dev team is working on fixing or at least looking into the FPS issue?

Gamer_1986
11-23-2012, 05:24 PM

That was a clever one mate...I got it now...thanks...

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Can you confirm that the dev team is working on fixing or at least looking into the FPS issue?

They are aware of some having issues, however it's sometimes hard to trace the problem to certain hardware - since some people have no issues, with the same hardware.

So, at present it's important that people with the issues - report it to ubisoft support - so the team have as much information as possible.

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM
They are aware of some having issues, however it's sometimes hard to trace the problem to certain hardware - since some people have no issues, with the same hardware.

So, at present it's important that people with the issues - report it to ubisoft support - so the team have as much information as possible.

Thanks for being honest mate.

I did contact support and while i did not get an answer .. At least now they know whats specs i am using.

BzkGB
11-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks for being honest mate.

I did contact support and while i did not get an answer .. At least now they know whats specs i am using.

Same here. Hopefully they come up with something soon.

To be honest though I should've saw this one coming and postponed my purchase by a month or so. Life lesson learnt :P

SUReken32
11-23-2012, 06:26 PM
No new patches have been announced - so where did you see that there was one expected?
"No new patches have been announced".50% of players are waiting for a patch from lag. I do not understand your mind(nothing offensive)? Run to the leadership and solve the problem!

Steviex007
11-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Why can't i shoot the "gun powder" barrels, on the gate of the beginning of Sequence 2 ...
I'm just not able to shoot the barrel ... i can aim ... bot not shoot ... i guess this a a BUG ...,
that needs a patch ... :mad::mad::mad:

zarakon
11-23-2012, 07:01 PM

But what about this strange interaction with Steam, where the game doesn't actually show up in the normal Uplay client?

Snicklex
11-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I've noticed that too, and I'm starting to think that might be the cause of some issues. I only use steam to purchase and download my games, most of the time I can run them without needing steam. I guess Ubisoft want's to cause a traffic jam and have this weirdly stupid 2 step process. What's the whole point of installing the UPlay client if I can't use that to run the game?