PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Multiplayer Login

Klaskoviltex
11-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Hey guys

We are three friends who bought Assassins creed 3 yesterday. 2 on Steam and one in the store. The only one who can connect online is the store bought one.

It seems like there is a problem with steam and uplay working together or something.

Me and my other friend who got the steam version have both opened ports, reset hosts updated graphics and done the starup thing and nothing worked.

Let me just give this straight up.

The SOLE reason we bought this game was to play multiplayer together, so you can guess how frustrating this is for us.

I cant seem to find the correct place to submit this as a bug to Ubisoft as that page just leads to the page about how i can "get it working(and that doesnt work)".

I really hope Ubisoft gets this fixed pronto.

Also i'm trying to make a poll to determine who has the bugg. I'm willing to bet its almost 100% steam related.

Sincerely
Michael, Rasmus and Jacob

Caerid11
11-23-2012, 05:45 AM
It's not just Steam, I downloaded it through GameStop's App and have the same problem. Maybe it's just digital download purchases that are having the majority of the problems?

Klaskoviltex
11-23-2012, 05:55 AM
From reading a lot on this forum so far it seems pretty obvious to me that its a Uplay problem.
It seems like our Uplay accounts are not recognicing our Assassins creed 3 properly. For example you cant log in through Uplay, you have to do it through steam THEN uplay.

You also dont get any of the achievements or unlocks from your uplay account.

daveyalex
11-23-2012, 07:00 AM
From reading a lot on this forum so far it seems pretty obvious to me that its a Uplay problem.
It seems like our Uplay accounts are not recognicing our Assassins creed 3 properly. For example you cant log in through Uplay, you have to do it through steam THEN uplay.

You also dont get any of the achievements or unlocks from your uplay account.
I bought Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood/Revelations all through Steam and for all those games you have to go through Steam in order to play them, you can't just go into Uplay. However I agree it must be a Uplay problem because I bought AC3 digitally through Gamestop, so it's not just Steam or just Gamestop.

Caerid11
11-23-2012, 07:05 AM
What's weird is that I did the same exact thing as you-Rest of AC games through Steam, AC3 through GameStop's digital download service. I loaded up Revelations and it allows me to redeem codes and other things. Yet I have to close UPlay from Revelations (through Steam) and re-launch it to get to AC3. There's something screwed up with the UPlay service and account management.

Yosika_Rising
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Same problem here :(

FourTotal
11-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Also i'm trying to make a poll to determine who has the bugg. I'm willing to bet its almost 100% steam related.

Sincerely
Michael, Rasmus and Jacob

It's retail copies as well. The only thing i can think is that the game is buggy as heck and that they sold more copies than they anticipated, sadly, as well as not having the servers for MP portion or log ins. It's a disgrace if you ask me.

Would an airline get away with saying that only %50 of their planes fly predictably?

Appl_Jax
11-24-2012, 10:16 PM
What's weird is that I did the same exact thing as you-Rest of AC games through Steam, AC3 through GameStop's digital download service. I loaded up Revelations and it allows me to redeem codes and other things. Yet I have to close UPlay from Revelations (through Steam) and re-launch it to get to AC3. There's something screwed up with the UPlay service and account management.

You know I think that's it right there. Codes obtained from third party sellers are not being recognized as valid copies of the game. That definitely fits the description of what I have observed in all of this.

Yosika_Rising
11-25-2012, 04:12 PM
You know I think that's it right there. Codes obtained from third party sellers are not being recognized as valid copies of the game. That definitely fits the description of what I have observed in all of this.

third party sellers?
I bought the game via the ubisoft store, I got a new code though by mail because there was a major theft on AC3 games or something.
The game on the manual doesn't work, the new one I got from Ubisoft does.
What do third party sellers have to do with this?
I can play the singleplayer but not the multiplayer...