PDA

View Full Version : Speed questions?

Bull_dog_
03-24-2004, 06:46 PM
What is the "officially" recognized top speed of the Ki-84 in real life. I use the term officially loosely because I have found some discrepency...as low as 388 and as high as 396...and how does it break down at altitudes...

Finally what is the conversion factor to get from Km/hr to miles per hour?

Been doing a little speed testing...nothing official but I didn't realize just how much Mw-50 and the other thing written in german really boosts speed! Wow!

One of the hottest birds is the 109G6AS...only the K is faster on the deck and only by a few Km/hr... I also noticed that fuel has little to do with top speed at least on a couple of US aircraft. For people complaining about the Spit LfMkV...The Fw190A4 was a little faster and the A5 was a lot faster with boost on the deck...

All my testing was on the deck and was very loosly done...I just wanted to get a feel for how the planes stacked up against each other at low altitude cause I often run away on the deck so I wanted to know who I was going to get away from and who not.

Bull_dog_
03-24-2004, 06:46 PM
What is the "officially" recognized top speed of the Ki-84 in real life. I use the term officially loosely because I have found some discrepency...as low as 388 and as high as 396...and how does it break down at altitudes...

Finally what is the conversion factor to get from Km/hr to miles per hour?

Been doing a little speed testing...nothing official but I didn't realize just how much Mw-50 and the other thing written in german really boosts speed! Wow!

One of the hottest birds is the 109G6AS...only the K is faster on the deck and only by a few Km/hr... I also noticed that fuel has little to do with top speed at least on a couple of US aircraft. For people complaining about the Spit LfMkV...The Fw190A4 was a little faster and the A5 was a lot faster with boost on the deck...

All my testing was on the deck and was very loosly done...I just wanted to get a feel for how the planes stacked up against each other at low altitude cause I often run away on the deck so I wanted to know who I was going to get away from and who not.