PDA

View Full Version : Swivel gun reticule too low, cant progress.

link71292
11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm on sequence 5 "The Hard Way", can't get past the tutorial stage where you have to shoot the powder keg with the swivel guns. The targeting reticule is quite a bit below where it should be and since you can only move it left/right and not up/down this prevents me from progressing past the tutorial. Anyone had the same experience/found a fix for it? Could also use a save game thats saved up to right after the tutorial, really just need to progress past this swivel gun bs.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/w5SZs

AnTiCrIsT_
11-23-2012, 12:37 AM
had the same Problem back on xbox 360 ... if i remember correctly you have to get the reticule as Close as possible.. the waves will push the ship into the right direction - havnt reached this Point on PC yet, so just guessing

link71292
11-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Pretty positive its a bug, the reticule doesnt even come close to lining up with the white circle. I've sat there for awhile trying to get it up there but nope, nothing.

link71292
11-24-2012, 05:37 AM
bump

legends7788
11-24-2012, 05:46 AM
haha everyone blames it on the bugs

stop attacking ubisoft guys, grow up

my copy doesnt have bugs anyway so why should i care about imaginary "bugs" on yours

link71292
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Noone is attacking ubisoft, the game not letting me progress must be in their level design if its "imaginary" as you say. You should get better at trolling or bring something constructive to the table.

Sandzsteedt
11-24-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm on sequence 5 "The Hard Way", can't get past the tutorial stage where you have to shoot the powder keg with the swivel guns. The targeting reticule is quite a bit below where it should be and since you can only move it left/right and not up/down this prevents me from progressing past the tutorial.

I can confirm this bug. It is game breaking at the moment, since you can't progress any further without hitting the target.

I have tried game restarts, memory restarts, going back to animus and even playing the memory again from the start differently to try and skip the bugged swivel gun problem.
I also tried just spamming the swivels randomly without aiming in the hopes of hitting the target, but didn't work.
I haven't been able to get around the bug with anything I can think of.

Wonder who decided not to add the capability to aim up and down with the swivel guns...

So here's hoping that Ubisoft will fix the bug ASAP.

link71292
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Fixed, if youre running a multi-monitor setup, try and run the game on one monitor. Switched to a one monitor resolution and it worked for me.

biggestcat
12-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Fixed, if youre running a multi-monitor setup, try and run the game on one monitor. Switched to a one monitor resolution and it worked for me.

YAY FINALLY. I run eyefinity 3x1. Fixed with moving down to single monitor resolution. (eyefinity doesnt yet work with ac3 though)

Sandzsteedt
12-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Confirmed. If you have Eyefinity setup you need to drop down to single monitor resolution to get past the swivel gun part.
Too bad that AC 3 still doesn't have working eyefinity though.

Roanark
12-03-2012, 08:19 AM
You are probably too far away, get close and once you have it lined up it should automatically go up/down as needed.